Worst gimmick ever?

IRA

What was the worst gimmick ever? I'd go with luna's circus freaks.

Kyle

Mr. Bananagrabber
I would go with this guy:

The Portuguese Man O War, Aldo Montoya....known to us as Justin Credible of ECW fame. The WWF pushed this guy hard for about a month before they realized it was just a guy with a yellow jock strap on his head.

As far as best gimmick ever, This:

Complete with the best theme song ever:

He's a man
Such a Man's Man
He's a Man
A Real Man's Man

And This:

Joey Abs, Rodney and Pete Gas...from the mean streets of Greenwich

Taso

Wackbag Elitist
Kyle said:

Joey Abs, Rodney and Pete Gas...from the mean streets of Greenwich
Wow what ever happened to these guys

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
How about the one night stand of WW(F)E Gimmicks, The Gobbledy Gooker!

Jim Beam

whiskey bent & hell bound
Precision said:
Great wrestler, good gimmick. Doesn't belong in this thread.
great wreslter, yes, but shitty gimmick. made even worse by the fact that it WAS a great wrestler who didnt need a gimmick

my vote for worst ever: D-Lo Brown and whoever the hell the other guy was, as a tag-team wearing turbines for no good reason at all

I gotta go with this horrible Vince creation, The Red Rooster:

The whole premise of the gimmick was to portray Terry Taylor as a rookie-flunky or stooge. Almost every match Taylor competed in as the Red Rooster contained the same story line. He would be in complete control from the first ring of the bell, but instead of finishing his opponent, he would turn to his manager, Bobby Heenan, and ask in a confused fashion what to do next. With that, his opponent would roll up Taylor from behind in a small package for the three count, leaving Heenan enraged and Taylor scratching his head. Taylor was a great technical wrestler, but would gain nothing more than mid-card status in the WWF…due solely to his gimmick.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
hahaha, I remember them. What about Farooq Asad? Back when Farooq wore some powder-blue helmet thingy and shot fireworks from his wrists?

And how about everyone's favorite.....Van Hammer!!:puke:

(I couldn't find good pictures of either of those....if anyone has em, post em up!!)

How about The Repo Man?

or El Gigante????

Kyle

Mr. Bananagrabber
Can't forget the WWF's answer to Ivan Drago from Rocky IV...god did I hate this guy:

EDIT: And maybe one of the most infamous bad ones of all time:

Kyle

Mr. Bananagrabber
I just remembered a couple more classics

Take a good look in the back of the photo for the real star of the Truth Commission, Kurrgan the Interrigator. He redefined suck.

Also, pre-Godfather was Kama Mustafa, the Supreme Fighting Machine...I couldn't even find a pic of him on the Google Image search, but I remember him melting down the Undertaker's urn into a gold necklace or something to that effect. He was awful.

Gosh that is old Ludvig wow! Where are you getting those stills?
Google Image Search...most of them seem to come from that WWE France website listed on some of the pictures...I guess the french have a soft spot for the bad gimmick.

Perch1019

Come on, nothing was worse than The Goon! He came down to the theme of charge and his finishing move was a body check

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Perch1019 said:
Come on, nothing was worse than The Goon! He came down to the theme of charge and his finishing move was a body check
And his wrestling boots looked like hockey skates.

I always hated the Nation of Domination

And Fake Razor Ramon and Diesel

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Holy shit...what about Max Moon? Poor Konnan...no wonder he went uber-Puertoriqueno when he got the chance in WCW

turns into this --->

Perch1019

askewcore said:
And his wrestling boots looked like hockey skates.

I always hated the Nation of Domination

And Fake Razor Ramon and Diesel
I cant believe I left out the skates. That whole gimmick was just hilarious.
The Nation did give us The Rock tho.
Thers nothing to even say about Razor and Diesel. That was just moronic. Just one of the many gimmicks Glenn Jacobs needed to go through.

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Perch1019 said:
Just one of the many gimmicks Glenn Jacobs needed to go through.
Is that Kane's real name?

If so, you just reminded me of another terrible gimmick he had. Dr. Issac Yankem. I cant find pictures of him though because I'm oh so lazy.

Kyle

Mr. Bananagrabber
Kyle said:
Complete with the best theme song ever:

He's a man
Such a Man's Man
He's a Man
A Real Man's Man
I just downloaded this song off of Morpheus...my judgement still remains. Best theme ever. Even better than the Mean Street Posse theme.