Worst Tasting Condiment I've Ever Had

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I bought this steak sauce the other day, and it's absolutely the worst sauce/condiment I've ever tasted.
It's called "Andria's", and I think it might be a local midwest thing, or from a restaurant.

But it immediately soaks through break, on contact, just eats it away like acid.
(I was making a steak sandwich)

It also both has a very bland taste, yet has a strong terrible awful taste.
It's also both chunky and runny all at once.

It's really the worst... I had to throw the bread out and start over, wiping off the steak with a paper towel.
Perhaps it's just for marinating, but even then it would be bad news.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Ranch Dressing

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
Tried some Peter Lugers steak sauce that i bought in local supermarket.Shit was aweful.think it was on the shelf for 10 years or so ...looked like the stuff in your photo ...nasty.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
http://www.andrias.com/sauce.html

Andria's Brush-On Steak Sauce (A.B.O.S.S.) was created by Sam Andria when he opened the award winning restaurant in O'Fallon, IL. in 1978. The sauce soon set the steakhouse in a class by itself. Although its use on beef and pork dishes established its unique flavor, its versatility was quickly recognized.

Since requests from diners asking for the sauce for their own home use steadily increased, we at the restaurant decided to bottle and market the sauce. The first weeks in the grocery stores brought a surprising demand on us to supply the sauce in a greater way than anticipated. We at Andria's feel it has been a rewarding pleasure to have so many people using and enjoying the sauce in so many original and exciting recipes.

Brushed on before or during cooking or used as a marinade, Andria's Brush-On Steak Sauce gives a succulence to all cuts - from hamburger to lamb, pork, chicken and fish. In the microwave it serves as a browning agent. As an additive, it excels in stews, gravies, and soups

Perhaps try putting it on before you cook...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Ummm it says on the front "brush on" That means to use on the grill with a brush, not like ketchup you savage omidon!

icculus1284

May 16, 2007
Fort Collins
I don't know how they do it out of the south; but if you get caught putting sauce on a steak after it's come off the grill, it's considered an insult to the one who cooked it.

I can't recall ever needing sauce on a cooked steak either.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I don't know how they do it out of the south; but if you get caught putting sauce on a steak after it's come off the grill, it's considered an insult to the one who cooked it.

I can't recall ever needing sauce on a cooked steak either.

I would think it would depend on the cut/quality. All I buy are rib eyes (with good marbling)... and all my chick does to them is put some salt on them... sear... then cook to medium rare... rest... eat... no sauce required.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Steak sauce is an abomination. Marinade is acceptable, but by no means necessary. Steak is already delicious.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I completely agree that steak sauce is an insult to the chef, but I gotta admit, I fucking love me some A1. I some times buy cheap steak cuts just so I can slather them with A1 and eat something I love for cheap as shit.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I completely agree that steak sauce is an insult to the chef, but I gotta admit, I fucking love me some A1. I some times buy cheap steak cuts just so I can slather them with A1 and eat something I love for cheap as shit.
I prefer Lee and Perrin's. A-1 was never good to me.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I don't bother with cheap cuts... cuz if I am going to have a steak it's going to be good.

Do buy London broil and cube steak for chicken fried steak though...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I think it depends on the "Steakuation"(ugh, I really went there...) Steak and eggs with potatoes...Katsup or steak sauce was acceptable..but on top of the eggs and potatoes. Steak Sandwich, like sliced brisket, steak sauce or horse radish sauce. Never actually put it on a slab meat.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I'll admit, I'm less of an A1 lover since I quit smoking as it comes across a little strong to me now, but I still love it in smaller doses.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Best steak by far I ever had was from Wolfe's Creek (near Alfred ME)... $18.99 a pound but holy shit that steak ruled...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I'll preface this by saying I am not a gourmand. Someone was all proud they had a Kobe beef steak at steak house. Had a taste..wasn't impressed. I think he ordered it over cooked, he had it medium well, I think you are supposed to have it rare/medium rare.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I'll preface this by saying I am not a gourmand. Someone was all proud they had a Kobe beef steak at steak house. Had a taste..wasn't impressed. I think he ordered it over cooked, he had it medium well, I think you are supposed to have it rare/medium rare.
No such thing as Kobe beef in the US...

You may have had an imitation from the Midwest, Great Plains, South America or Australia, where they produce a lot of what I call “Faux-be” beef. You may have even had a Kobe imposter from Japan before 2010. It is now illegal to import (or even hand carry for personal consumption) any Japanese beef. Before 2010 you could import only boneless fresh Japanese beef, but none was real Kobe. Under Japanese law, Kobe beef can only came from Hyogo prefecture (of which Kobe is the capital city), where no slaughterhouses were approved for export by the USDA. According to its own trade group, the Kobe Beef Marketing & Distribution Promotion Association in Japan, where Kobe Beef is a registered trademark, Macao is the only place it is exported to – and only since last year. If you had real Kobe beef in this country in recent years, someone probably smuggled it in their luggage.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
No such thing as Kobe beef in the US...
Hahahaha he got snookered!!!! good, he was a pretentious asshole to begin with. Now I get to fuck with him over that after he told me how only an educated palate can properly appreciate the taste. awesome arrow addition to my quiver!!!

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Yeah, I guess it's a marinade, but it tastes so much like shit that it would ruin it.

I assumed it could double as steak sauce like A1.
It's in the trash now