Wouldn't it be cool if America was like this?

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
I came across this website today and really made me want to move to Amsterdam. If you're a bike nut, you'll dig this. If not, you'll probably hate this website.

http://www.ski-epic.com/amsterdam_bicycles/

Each bike on there has its own identity, a little bit of love went into each one. That's what I dug. Notice how nobody's fat either. There's no "look how wealthy I am" mentality it seems. But I dunno, never been.

BravoSierra

Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
It's the best bro. Gets the endorphins goin in the morning. Some people like hot rod cars, I like bikes. Same ideology, different machines.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I would have to pass, but good luck with that.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
itll never be like that in the US until we run out of fossil fuel. people love driving far too much.

amsterdam is great though, love that city, very unique vibe.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I would ride a bike, if i lived in town. And the weather was always warm.

boodadude

Nov 14, 2006
When I went to Italy the only fat people ther were Americans. They walk everywhere as apposed to our mentality of driving around the parking lot to the mall for twenty mins. to get a spot closer to the door as if you will be carried around once inside

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Back in the 80s I lost a couple of days of my life in Amsterdam, I just don't remember them.

I like bikes, I have a road and mountain bikes but, here in NYC its just not practical, too many people looking to make asphalt stain out of you here.

Nov 22, 2005
South Philadelphia
philly has been decent for biking for me so far. this page seems fag though. amsterdam just seems more accessible by bike. not by bike bus or car like american cities.
this person is a grade asshole in explaining a cool thing

1. So wear a tie ass hole
2. Are there no mexicans in SF? i see multiple riders on single bikes all the time
3. Helmets save lives but if you deliver my pizza wearing one i wont tip you. chumps
4. Throw them from the bike you waste of time
5. Use a battry powered light
6. Buy a u-lock

But yeah bikes are cool you are not

umo

Jan 27, 2005
Every day I cruise in my climate controlled Camry while my car stereo surrounds me with the sweetest music side of heaven. Am I supposed to give all that up to ride a bicycle in the wind and the rain?

MACHINE1376

Thin out the herd...
Apr 23, 2007
Houston, TX.
not only that, but it's easier for them to control a bike vs. a car when you are stoned out of your mind......

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Generators and ridiculous chains seem more like a burden than a good thing.

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Aug 23, 2002
1989 - Baba Booey!
When I went to Italy the only fat people ther were Americans. They walk everywhere as apposed to our mentality of driving around the parking lot to the mall for twenty mins. to get a spot closer to the door as if you will be carried around once inside
The Europeans that I've met say you can tell Americans because we are fat, have hair that's too short and wear sweatshirts everywhere.

Bikes are fun, especially if you have a good area to ride in. Out here, in the foothills of the mountain ranges, there's lots of trails, views and hills, and you rarely have to drive along the roads that are infested with drunk, uninsured drivers. I didn't really get into bikes until I left Jersey.

I didn't see any bikes in those photos that I'd want to ride regularly, but it would be cool if you could freely travel around a downtown area like that by bike.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
If you ride a bike how do you transport things other than yourself? Rickshaw?

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I have a sick bike for training which stays mounted on my Cyclops almost year round...so how's that for dumb...a bike that doesn't go anywhere.

BravoSierra

Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Alright, now let me ask you this. How often do you drive your car with a large object in the back? I'm not saying everyone can live with just a bike, but there's a whole lot of people that could live with a bike and be just fine, but would rather drive. I have a car and 6 bikes. I drive my car to get my bike to the mountains and that's about it. Buy a tv? Deliver it to my house. Everything else fits in my bag, and its been about a year. I've put about 200 miles on my car since then. And the ultimate topper? I can get to work faster on a bike than a car. Not to mention, I fucking love biking.... I bike to work to work on bikes, it kicks ass. Try it, you'd be amazed. I fly through traffic, it's a sport for me.

You can adjust your lifestyle to being pretty damn close to being car free.... but everybody's life is one big rush. Gotta get from A to B in 5 minutes rather than 10.

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Aug 23, 2002
1989 - Baba Booey!
Backpack...

Pickup truck for everything larger.

Though I admit, I only ride for recreation, which is about once or twice a week. I have a hard enough time getting to work on-time as it is, let alone doing it by bike.