wow, 5 years since the Station fire already.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
I just saw that VH1 had the tribute concert for the Station fire in Rhode Island. Time really does fly by, the older you get. I remember when I was young, my dad always saying "It just seems like yesterday..." and I'd be thinking, no, seemed like a year ago.

100 lives lost and countless injured when all they wanted to do is have a fun night out. Man, one guy on stage had no face left.

Sad.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I caught that last night/early this morning as well. Some really screwed up stories I never heard before.

The guy who was a personal assistant for the guys in Tesla. Took a girl he met on their tour to the show. When the fire broke out, he got out in the rush, but realized she didn't, so he went back in to find her and ended up dying.

Also, on a musical note, Gretchen Wilson has a killer voice. She nailed the Heart song. Sounded like Ann Wilson.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
what station fire? when that band that no one heard of was playing and there was a fire at the concert? I think the name of the band was Big White, or something like that.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I just saw that VH1 had the tribute concert for the Station fire in Rhode Island. Time really does fly by, the older you get. I remember when I was young, my dad always saying "It just seems like yesterday..." and I'd be thinking, no, seemed like a year ago.

100 lives lost and countless injured when all they wanted to do is have a fun night out. Man, one guy on stage had no face left.

Sad.
Aint that the truth bro, I was thinking the same thing.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
what station fire? when that band that no one heard of was playing and there was a fire at the concert? I think the name of the band was Big White, or something like that.
Great White-They brought the house down that night. Seriously, I was just surprised that Great White had that much of a fanbase anymore.

Which brings me to my next point, the inferno wasn't caused by Great White's pyrotechnics, but rather the ghost of Kurt Cobain sending a friendly reminder to those 80's rejects.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Same here bro

Sad.
I remember the day after too watching it on the news. I was sad not only for the obvious, but I've been going to clubs for years on weekends to see cover bands with my friends and have a good time after a week of work, so I can totally relate to the people that were there and were killed in the most horrible way
:icon_cry:

the_ba

Dierks! Get to the chopper! Daah ahhh!!
Jan 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
I remember seeing this for sale not too long after it happened: