WOW, I survived a rainstorm.

jrsaint

Feb 13, 2006
right behind you
Boy oh boy, what a noneventful hurricaine. I have had stonger springshowers than this. The reporters must be searching for a dead tree that fell over. This is why the media cannot be trusted. assholes!!!

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
Boy oh boy, what a noneventful hurricaine. I have had stonger springshowers than this. The reporters must be searching for a dead tree that fell over. This is why the media cannot be trusted. assholes!!!
yeah it was so bad my power didnt even blink once.
another great job by the good old media. great thing is though they will say all the hype was to ensure SAFETY for the people.
yuck

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
it rained worse here last week. the coolest thing was watching the power substation reset its self. its such a pretty green glow and buzzz snap

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Some branches fell in the rear yard. No big deal.

The power did go out for a few hours. Hooked up the genny to the fridge and freezer to keep shit cold and had to listen to WBAB. The horror.

I'm demanding reparations from LIPA.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I was expecting it to be pathetic. Very year people on LI freak out about the hurricane reaching LI and it never happens. We just got a small tropical storm. It was pretty annoying to pick up all the broken branches and raking leaves in august.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Well... he spent all that money, and he was all proud of it and prepared for the worst. Let the fella have his fun.
No.

He probaly wants to run all the gas out he put in b/c it may not be used again for a long time.
Maybe. However, I siphoned out any remaining gasoline in my genny and then it took two minutes to run dry.

He's sticking it to the maaaan! Free power, maaaaan! I ain't dependent on no power grid maaaaaaaan!
So...

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Flooding up here like a mother fucker. I thought it was going to be all the typical media hype but I left the bar late and it was just raining hard, no problems. I get a text this morning from my friend asking me if I saw the town. Holy shit, never saw the water running over the bridges and the town so flooded all my life, all within a few hours after going home. The Hudson River was flooding all the low level areas. Lakes at levels I've never seen before. This may not seem like a lot to most but this is the worst in my 46 years here. Now we're not talking massive destruction but it was no small thing either. This had more to do with previous rainfall amounts than the actual storm

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Some branches fell in the rear yard. No big deal.

The power did go out for a few hours. Hooked up the genny to the fridge and freezer to keep shit cold and had to listen to WBAB. The horror.

I'm demanding reparations from LIPA.
Damn right. You're a person, and they treated you like a common criminal.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I evacuated one time when we first moved to Charleston. Once. I came home to a stick in my yard and some leaves blown around.

From then on I recognized hurricanes for what they are: excuses to not go to work and have 48-72 hour parties.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
Flooding up here like a mother fucker. I thought it was going to be all the typical media hype but I left the bar late and it was just raining hard, no problems. I get a text this morning from my friend asking me if I saw the town. Holy shit, never saw the water running over the bridges and the town so flooded all my life, all within a few hours after going home. The Hudson River was flooding all the low level areas. Lakes at levels I've never seen before. This may not seem like a lot to most but this is the worst in my 46 years here. Now we're not talking massive destruction but it was no small thing either. This had more to do with previous rainfall amounts than the actual storm

It all depends on how someone is personally affected

Nextdoor neighbor on the right , I helped pump out the basement last night

Nextdoor neighbor on the left , called the Fire Dept. to pump her out today
Water in her basement was up to her waist

Probably lost the washer and dryer
Heater and water heater

Top Bottom