Wrath of the Titans- Worthington, Pike, Pegasus, Fire Demon- March 2012

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I hated Clash of the Titans (how do you make the Greek Gods so lame?), but here's the trailer to its sequel. Apparently it's part The Odyssey too.

[yt]eRP7fVXaUmI[/yt]

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
What was wrong with the gods in the first one? Because they hardly did anything?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Hades was a weakling, Poseidon was non-existence, they interacted with people, and Zeus/Perseus went from "fuck you" to "we're cool now." In the original, the Gods never speak to the Earthlings in their original form.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
The original also had a robotic owl.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Automatic demerit for using Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson (SOOOO Overused in trailers).

And I agree with Liddy that the gods are pretty pathetic in Clash of the Titans. At least Immortals kinda showed how powerful the gods are (but completely fucked up the Titans themselves). This does look like it could be fun to watch, though. But that's mainly because I'm a sucker for Greek mythology stuff.

The original also had a robotic owl.
They actually had the Robotic Owl in the remake for five seconds. It made me chuckle.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Is this one going to have a plot at least?

Edit: One more thing after watching the trailer. Did he just pick up a wooden board in order to protect himself from fire? "whaa"

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The gods in the "Percy something and the lightening thief" were more intimidating than the ones in the Clash remake.

That being said, this shows promise. I dont think Id see it in a theater but Ill watch it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I'm still bothered that they used Sweet Dreams. How hard is it to either a) come up with your own thing (like The Girl with The Dragon Tatoo did with Trent Reznor's cover of "Immigrant Song"), or b) take a lesser known song and make it work (like Watchmen did with "The End is the Beginning is the End" by Smashing Pumpkins). There's literally endless amounts of songs to choose from, and they go to something hack like that. Bunch of fucking amateurs.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
The gods in the "Percy something and the lightening thief" were more intimidating than the ones in the Clash remake.
Fuck, you beat me to it. That movie was utter shit, but Hades was kinda cool.

Falldog

Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
The film is tailored to an audience and the song fits the audience.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Didn't like the first one? What about when Perseus let a giant scorpion eat him, only to come flying out the end like a boss?

Fuck this series. Worthington is turning into Statham.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
I didn't mind the first one except for the extraordinarily shitty 3d conversion, the pretty bad acting and the remaking of a classic film and it being a slight let down. This one goes out on its own with the same actors that I wasn't digging in the first one but it has more action in the trailer so it has to be good.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
We're all dreamers.

I did like the Sweet Dreams version in Sucker Punch though. Best part of the entire movie.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
People who enjoy generic, unoriginal crap? (Not talking about the song. It's a good song. Just talking about using it in your trailer).

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
We're all dreamers.

I did like the Sweet Dreams version in Sucker Punch though. Best part of the entire movie.
Scratch that. I was thinking of something else.

Yeah, that was cool. And at least they made their own version.

[video=youtube;nSG-6xc-T4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSG-6xc-T4U[/video]

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I'm still bothered that they used Sweet Dreams. How hard is it to either a) come up with your own thing (like The Girl with The Dragon Tatoo did with Trent Reznor's cover of "Immigrant Song"), or b) take a lesser known song and make it work (like Watchmen did with "The End is the Beginning is the End" by Smashing Pumpkins). There's literally endless amounts of songs to choose from, and they go to something hack like that. Bunch of fucking amateurs.
I hated the use of the song also, but you have to remember these are Hollywood execs that know best. They hear the same song over and over and thing that is is going to really work well with their new project so they shove it in. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Immigrant Song probably had more to do with David Fincher working with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross than anything else and I cant explain the Smashing Pumpkins song in the Watchmen but I hope it has something to do with the grumpy Alan Moore.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I hated the use of the song also, but you have to remember these are Hollywood execs that know best. They hear the same song over and over and thing that is is going to really work well with their new project so they shove it in. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Immigrant Song probably had more to do with David Fincher working with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross than anything else and I cant explain the Smashing Pumpkins song in the Watchmen but I hope it has something to do with the grumpy Alan Moore.
He really is an old curmudgeon. Still, I think you could easily drop another song in there, and it would make your movie seem at least 23% less generic.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Another thing that bothered me about Clash fo the Titans was how the hot chick was like "Being immortal sucks and I wish I could die." Then she dies, comes back to life again and is all "yay! I'm alive again!" Also that the hot chick was a much better character than the Princess.