OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Wrestlemania 2013 Thread

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by UCJOE, Jan 6, 2013.

1. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

Beginning Mon, we should start to see the build towards Mania

This is from Rock:
    "The storyline will be that starting this Monday, I'm gonna go back, and it's going to be a big return. That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all-time at Giants Stadium. I will headline that show with someone who I can't say right now. We've got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all-time. It's going to be a hell of a thing."

I hope they switch it to Rock vs Brock as some suggested to Vince.
    Either way viewing should get more interesting and that is welcomed

2. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

I hate Rock/Brock because it sends the message that nothing done in the past year means anything. Party like its 2002 again this WM and then bitch all 2013 about none of the young guys being "stars." Sigh.

3. UCJOE

Yeah because Brock & HHH & Rock & Cena rematches is all about "NEW"

:haha7:

4. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Like Hogan says, no one under 80 can draw.

Neckbeard likes this.
  5. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Rock and Brock wouldn't make sense in story terms, and would likely suck as a match, but it would be a massive draw, which is the important thing.

6. UCJOE

I have more faith than you do in the match
    It could easily make sense, Brock cost Rock the title by interfering with any Paul Heyman guy
    Its the most sensible story they could tell

7. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Too many "for the draw only" matches cost promotions money in the long-term. Not that this match will do that, but it's something for the WWE to think about.

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

It's not good long term, that's for sure. But the options they have now are limited. They have exactly one full time guy that draws real money. That's not good.

UCJOE likes this.
  9. UCJOE

If its done right its a good thing

Rock & Brock would break every record they have & if WWE were smart & used Mania as a showcase for new people then its the smartest move for business

10. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

They'll break records either way. But I wouldn't be upset with Rock and Brock. There is also the plus side of not having a part timer going over your number one guy.

11. UCJOE

There isn't a person I know clamoring for the two scheduled rematches
    Also i hate the whole Rock being champ thing

I mean Rock beats punk & Cena wins rumble & ................... YAWN

Neckbeard likes this.
  12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

To be fair, you probably don't know any of the people Cena draws anyway. They'll draw money either way. I do like your way better now that you mention Rock not getting the belt.

13. UCJOE

It has little to do with "who" Cena draws but the fact that people already saw that "spectacle" & the impact would not come close to matching last year
    Who Cena draws will be there. Last Mania was huge because of who Rock drew in & that number will be a LOT less for Cena-2 than Brock

14. Neckbeard

Just what the 19 time champion who has already won a Rumble needs to do...

Win it again and have another 35 minute match with Rock that should be 20 minutes.

I don't see why people would be all excited for Brock/Rock again. We did it 10 years ago when both guys were wrestlers and it was supposed to be good...and it kinda sucked. It certainly wasn't a 4 star territory or classic or anything like that. You could solidly call it a cut above a 3 star and you'd be telling the truth or possibly giving it too much credit.

15. UCJOE

You are kidding right?

Rock became a major movie star & Brock became a UFC champ
    Rock made the wrestlemania buyrate record & Brock made the UFC buyrate record

16. Neckbeard

No, I get that people will purchase it. I just don't see why anybody would give a fuck about the match.

The best thing about Brock coming back, by a long shot, has been Heyman.

Lord Zero likes this.
  17. UCJOE

I don't follow
    You think people would purchase because they wouldn't care?
    lol

The only way to get someone to spend $50+ is bec they care

18. Neckbeard

I said people will care about it, I just don't understand WHY because the matches were not any good.
    People will be all ROCK BROCK MARK MARK MARK I'M MARKING OUT BRO!

I'd rather see...

Punk/Austin
    Punk/Cena with a clean ending
    Punk or Cena/Undertaker
    Punk/Brock
    Rock/CM Punk/John Cena Triple Threat

19. UCJOE

Alvarez:
    This WAS the mania line-up

Vince is liking ADR as champ so that might mix him in with Orton

20. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

I think Punk/Taker could be a good one if they do go with that card. The worst part about a Rock/Cena rematch being for the title is that it means Cena will become the champion again and it'll be played up as some sort of passing fo the torch moment when the Rock hands Cena the belt and shakes his hand after the match. 1. Cena as the champion hasn't been interesting for quite a while and the long gap between title runs won't change that. 2. Cena doesn't need any sort of torch passed to him at this point and that won't suddenly make him more interesting when he continues to be the same bland character. Unless the Rock wins and that sends Cena into a heel turn, the match will have a disappointing result--and since the Rock is certainly not going to stick around full-time there's nobody to replace Cena as the top face in terms of PR and merchandise so that outcome isn't very realistic.

21. UCJOE

I agree on Cena completely, plus nobody cares about a rematch

I disagree with Punk/Taker

Punk losing to Rock then losing to Taker is stupid
    Punk ho has been the dominant champ loses to two retired wrestlers

22. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

I'm sure Punk would lose so the streak could continue but the build would be pretty good and I'd expect a very good match out of them. It could also end in a way where Taker wins but Punk comes out looking better much like the HHH/Taker match 2 years ago where Taker won but had to be helped back to the locker room afterwards.

23. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

You're in the same boat I was last year about Taker. I don't mind Punk doing the job because you know he'll make the best of it. Besides, after the match last year, I trust them to at least do the Taker match right story wise.

24. Neckbeard

How many TORCHES can be passed to a guy? Edge, Christian, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Batista when he left, Triple H, Kane, etc.

How many more AE/RA guys does Cena need to go over? He made Triple H and Shawn Michaels tap out in back to back Wrestlemania Main Events. That wasn't enough "torch passing" for this guy?

I think he's at a point where he should take a clean loss to somebody 5 or 10 years younger than him to get that guy over. He's only lost 4 times clean in Singles events in the past 5 or 6 years. He should have lost clean to Punk, at least once, to validate Punk's reign.

Being a 2 time WHC and 10 time WWE champ isn't enough TORCH PASSING for you? What the fuck? How can you talk about "torch passing" to the guy they've been pushing for 8 years?

He should lose clean to Ziggler at least once, right? Get a little rub on him and give the Show Off something to Show Off? Instead Cena has made Ziggler look like a total chump for 3 weeks.

Edit: I don't even care about Cena "getting his win back" because Cena said that match meant "everything to me, if I lose I lose it all, everything!" Has his character changed one scintilla post-Rock loss? No? Then why do I care if the character didn't give a shit about it? Should have just had Rock lose clean and made Miami riot.

#24 Neckbeard, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  25. UCJOE

Its different this year

Punk was champ & beat everyone for 15 months & then loses to two retired wrestlers in a row
    That is a bit much
    He needs to look strong after losing to Rock IMO

Last year was about the last time we will see three legends together, it was built around that