Wrestlemania XXIV

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Here's the thread for your Wrestlemania speculation. Matches, Angles, and all that other stuff we look forward too once a year. So far I see the card lining up as follows:

HHH vs Cena for the Raw Title
Edge vs Taker for the SD Title
Punk vs Chavo for the Tuesday Night Heat Title
Maria vs Phoenix for the Cunt Title
Morrison and Miz vs Dreamer and Mikey Whipwreck v2.0 for the SD/ECW Tag Titles
Santino and Carlito vs Holly and Rhodes for the Raw Tag Titles
Flair vs HBK
Money in the Bank featuring Jeff Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Fit Finley and others
and if he's cleared by then, Matt Hardy vs MVP

So what's your take?

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Hardy vs MVP- Hardy makes his triumphant return, and beats MVP for the US title. For this to go down any other way would be a travesty..

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
don't forget that Big Show is allegedly returning

I hope to shit he's not saddled with Khali

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Considering the fact that Wrestlemania is 46 days away and there is a shitload of talent from main eventers to mid carders, that gives the WWE alot of time to come up with a solid line up. However, I'm not really that optimistic. I would like to add though, if it is Cena vs Triple H, can we finally get that Cena heel turn and keep Triple H face for a little bit longer.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I dont think theyll put Kofi Kingston in a big Wrestlemania match this year, he's too new. Maybe they will, though. You never know. Too bad he's stuck on Tuesday Night Heat. I'd really like to see him move to Raw one day. Hopefully soon.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I hope that HHH wins the title. I would love to see him have another heel run as Champ

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I hope that HHH wins the title. I would love to see him have another heel run as Champ
I would rather see him have a face run as the champ. Don't get me wrong, Triple H is probably one of the best heels of all time. Its just that if he is heel, who is he going to face that is currently on the WWE roster, that he hasn't faced already. The only person I could think of is Kennedy, but Kennedy has his own potential to be a great heel.

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I would rather see him have a face run as the champ. Don't get me wrong, Triple H is probably one of the best heels of all time. Its just that if he is heel, who is he going to face that is currently on the WWE roster, that he hasn't faced already. The only person I could think of is Kennedy, but Kennedy has his own potential to be a great heel.
Your right, i didnt think of that. But i dont think that Kennedy is ready for a WWE Championship Contender.

HHH wins the belt at WM24
Feuds with Cena until the PPV in june or something.
If they make a last second change, Then have Kennedy Retire Flair at WM24,
Build up Kennedy the next couple of months then start the rivalry between HHH and Kennedy after the first PPV in June, and finally coming to an end at SumerSlam.
Or something along those lines

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Just thought of something VERY unlikely, but still slightly possible.

Ricky Steamboat is on the WWE's payroll. He could come out of retirement and retire Flair at Wrestlemania.

Like I said, very unlikely, I have more of a chance at being picked out of the crowd and beating Cena for the title, but just something to think about.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Steamboat wanted to do something against Flair a few years back when they first hired him to be an agent, but the brass declined.

It will be HBK.

And I'd love for Cena to pick you out of the cheap seats and drop you with the FU.

Steam

May 18, 2003
So would I. Then I could say I was PART OF Wrestlemania, not just AT Wrestlemania. That would kick so many levels of ass!
Oh, I forgot to mention that he, you know, forgot how to do his finisher and played D-Lo to your Droz.

How short-sighted of me.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Steamboat wanted to do something against Flair a few years back when they first hired him to be an agent, but the brass declined.

It will be HBK.

And I'd love for Cena to pick you out of the cheap seats and drop you with the FU.
Can Ricky Steamboat still wrestle? I mean, he's not injured or anything, is he? He didn't have a career ending injury? I always liked how he'd blow the fire out of his mouth before his matches.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
I don't think his back is in great shape, but he did a good amount of in-ring stuff (never any matches) when he was with ROH back in 2004.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Can Ricky Steamboat still wrestle? I mean, he's not injured or anything, is he? He didn't have a career ending injury? I always liked how he'd blow the fire out of his mouth before his matches.
Oh yeah, so did I.

That was definitely, by far, the best version of Steamboat ever ever ever.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Just thought of something VERY unlikely, but still slightly possible.

Ricky Steamboat is on the WWE's payroll. He could come out of retirement and retire Flair at Wrestlemania.
that would be more than fucking awesome....if it was 1987 :icon_conf

So would I. Then I could say I was PART OF Wrestlemania, not just AT Wrestlemania. That would kick so many levels of ass!
Oh, I forgot to mention that he, you know, forgot how to do his finisher and played D-Lo to your Droz.
finally, I won't have to hear about how badly his shitty back hurts anymore

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn

How short-sighted of me.
Eh, what ever. I'd still be part of Wrestlemania, and people would remember me.....at least for a week or so.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Back on track, from the February thread

Right now the rumored Wrestlemania 24 card looks like Randy Orton vs. HHH vs. John Cena, Finlay vs Vince McMahon, Edge vs. Undertaker, Ric Flair vs. Batista, MVP vs. Matt Hardy, Money in the Bank, JBL vs. Chris Jericho and Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels.

One thing that could stop Smackdown from moving to MyNetworkTV is HD. The station currently does not offer and apparently has no plans to anytime soon.

Another new interview with Hulk Hogan - http://www.theglobeandmail.com

JBL explains why he returned to the ring - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Rumored WrestleMania 24 Card Inside Here, SD! Update, More
02/17/2008 by Ryan Clark

Right now the rumored Wrestlemania 24 card looks like:

* Randy Orton vs. HHH vs. John Cena (WWE Title)
* Vince McMahon vs. Finlay (World Heavyweight Title)
* Edge vs. Undertaker
* Ric Flair vs. Batista
* Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Hardy
* MVP vs. Matt Hardy
* JBL vs. Chris Jericho
* Money in the Bank

There will also likely be women's & ECW title matches.

One thing that could stop Smackdown from moving to MyNetworkTV is HD. The station currently does not offer and apparently has no plans to anytime soon.

The Ohio Valley Wrestling developmental talents are slated to report to Florida Championship Wrestling by the first week of March. The combined roster with the current FCW talent and the incoming OVW stars will be approximately 70 wrestlers. With so many people vying for so few spots, expect some cuts this spring.

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I'd much rather see HBK vs. Flair and Hardy/Cena/Orton.
I agree with HBK vs. Flair. But as much as i like Jeff Hardy and would want him to have the WWE Championship NO WAY would i like to see him in the main event at WM. Yes he would put on an amazing show. But still i would rather see HHH vs. Cena and maybe Randy in their also