Wrestling Websites (info, Audio, News, etc)

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The Big Four (as far as respect & actually covering the genre):
IN ORDER
1. www.f4wonline.com - The merged home of Dave Meltzer & Bryan Alvarez. A shitty designed website, but by far the best source for detailed info & audio. They also cover MMA in great detail as well

2. www.pwinsider.com - They had their ups/downs mainly bec the owner is a complete dick & accepted spyware, etc. on his site (in ads). Mike Johnson his main reporter breaks a lot of news, but in his rush to beat out others, he post a lot of wrong info. If you go, use ad-blocker, etc

3. www.prowrestling.net - Jason Powell used to be #2 guy at Torch, but spun off with his own website. A good site & JP doesn't take himself seriously which is both good/bad

4. www.pwtorch.com - Was a close #2 for years to Meltzer/Observer, but connections dried up & the main guy (Wade Keller) goes into wacky conspiracy theories a lot

Meltzer/Alvarez are by far the most accurate & reliable. They don't post until they feel something is as accurate as can be. On their forum, a lot will post that "so & so reported" & Dave will go into detail on what he knows & what he is waiting to find out. Recently Mike Johnson posted that Cena's injury was legit Mon on RAW & Meltzer pointed out they did the backstage dressing room bit before RAW went live so it was impossible.

The other sites are copy/paste from those 4. A site like Wrestlezone is the worst bec the outright steal & say "I was told by a source", etc.

For audio www.f4wonline.com can't be beat & bec I like both wrestling & MMA the membership there is well worth it

What site(s) do you go to & enjoy & why?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
This is the type of "reporting" I hate with wrestling

WHY YOU MAY START SEEING SOME OLD FACES POPPING UP IN WWE

By Mike Johnson on 2012-12-08 10:58:49
Don't be shocked to see some former WWE mid-card names returning to the company in the near future. In recent weeks, there has been a push from several top talents for the company to bring back some former talents that were released in the past but were solid hands.
The word is that WWE management has taken the suggestion to heart as the company has never been so thin on talent across the board. We are told they are looking at bringing back some names that can populate the mid-card to work with younger names and help bring them along, as well as provide some solid work on the show.
I am told there is a short list of potential names they are interested in, but the company has not yet begun contacting talents. That process could begin any time.
That was from PWInsider, MJ says nothing, no names, etc.
People come & go all the time in WWE & the next person that comes back, he will say "see"

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
www.oowrestling.com
Not too much news but the guy has good recaps and previews. The previews are in the forums.
I remember OO from over a decade ago
I didnt even know they were still online

If its the same guys/site, I agree with you
They never tried to be anything more than they were and didnt make up newz or steal from others

Good find

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I remember OO from over a decade ago
I didnt even know they were still online

If its the same guys/site, I agree with you
They never tried to be anything more than they were and didnt make up newz or steal from others

Good find
I've followed them since the Monday night wars. The had a guy Micasa but he dropped out years ago. The guy that runs the site Rick Scaccia or something does a good preview before every show and either him or a guy that writes for IGN does a recap.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
They were onlineonslaught.com but he let the domain run out and became oowrestling.com. He got the original back now. He was actually paid by CBS for a while when wrestling was hot. They have a pretty active and knowledgable for wrestling board.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
They were onlineonslaught.com but he let the domain run out and became oowrestling.com. He got the original back now. He was actually paid by CBS for a while when wrestling was hot. They have a pretty active and knowledgable for wrestling board.
Thats why

Good post

Like I said I remember them and liked them bec they weren't a newz site

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001
lordsofpain.net is where I go

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
This BS is why you shouldn't go to "Wrestlezone" & other BS sites

There's been a lot of speculation as to why Alberto Del Rio was made World Heavyweight Champion, but the real story behind the scenes is that Big Show could not come to terms with WWE on a new contract. Since Big Show's contract was running out, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon made the decision to crown Del Rio the new champion. At the time of the taping in Miami, that was actually considered potentially to be Big Show's last match in WWE. Later in the week, the company and Big Show came to terms, and he hasn't missed any shows.

We heard from one source on the writing team that the company was very angry the negotiations went all the way to the breaking point, but now that Del Rio has been crowned champion "the plans have changed, as Del Rio is the focus of the show going forward."
Wight signed a new contract this past summer

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I don't trust any of them. Even Meltzer is often wrong. I just watch the show. 30 years of watching, you can tell what's really going on anyway.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
This is why you shouldn't go to these hack secondary wrestling websites

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-carter-hints-at-wrestlers-big-jump-from-wwe

The FB page is a fake Dixie Acct
Orton signed a long-time deal years ago

Plus these idiots think Dixie would publicly say that after they sued WWE for tampering with TNA signed wrestlers
I once got a wrestling news site to post that Mick Foley's then-upcoming children's book was to be titled "Crackers for Breakfast." All I had to say was that my aunt worked for the publisher. I didn't even name the publisher and nobody ever followed up with me to see if I was full of crap or not. Then, that news was stolen and used by other sites without crediting the first stie or the name I used. Wrestlezone was one of the sites that stole the news and I just found a post on some old Yahoo message board where someone repeated the news and credited wrestlezone as the source. I didn't really expect to even find any reference to it when I googled it since it's been so long but I was curious to see if it was still up anywhere.
http://sports.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/hbk4life/message/122

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I once got a wrestling news site to post that Mick Foley's then-upcoming children's book was to be titled "Crackers for Breakfast." All I had to say was that my aunt worked for the publisher. I didn't even name the publisher and nobody ever followed up with me to see if I was full of crap or not. Then, that news was stolen and used by other sites without crediting the first stie or the name I used. Wrestlezone was one of the sites that stole the news and I just found a post on some old Yahoo message board where someone repeated the news and credited wrestlezone as the source. I didn't really expect to even find any reference to it when I googled it since it's been so long but I was curious to see if it was still up anywhere.
http://sports.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/hbk4life/message/122
Yep WZ are known thieves

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Out of boredom I downloaded a Wade Keller (PWTorch) audio show & it was OK & Wade is near the top in reporters, but all it did was remind me why I shouldn't slum to other sites
He had no idea of Dolph & his mania match (this was after SD tapings) & then said the dumbest thing about Lesnar/HHH
He said everyone thinks Lesnar will request MMA rules, but MMA rules are the same as WWE .............................
I hate to imitate Miz, but ....... REALLY?

WWE allows you to leave the ring - MMA does not
WWE has no rounds - MMA does
WWE allows pinfalls - MMA does not
& many more

Last edited:

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ