WTF? FIRE Brought Down Tower 7?

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
In a report that will convince Truthers that more people are on the government payroll of evil, investigators are expected to say ordinary fires on several different floors caused the collapse.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7485331.stm

9/11 third tower mystery 'solved'
By Mike Rudin
BBC, Conspiracy Files

One of the Twin Towers collapses
One of the twin towers collapses

The final mystery of 9/11 will soon be solved, according to US experts investigating the collapse of the third tower at the World Trade Center.

The 47-storey third tower, known as Tower Seven, collapsed seven hours after the twin towers.

Investigators are expected to say ordinary fires on several different floors caused the collapse.

Conspiracy theorists have argued that the third tower was brought down in a controlled demolition.

Unlike the twin towers, Tower Seven was not hit by a plane.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology, based near Washington DC, is expected to conclude in its long-awaited report this month that ordinary fires caused the building to collapse.

That would make it the first and only steel skyscraper in the world to collapse because of fire.
See World Trade Center 7's location and structure

The National Institute of Standards and Technology's lead investigator, Dr Shyam Sunder, spoke to BBC Two's "The Conspiracy Files":

"Our working hypothesis now actually suggests that it was normal building fires that were growing and spreading throughout the multiple floors that may have caused the ultimate collapse of the buildings."

'Smoking gun'

However, a group of architects, engineers and scientists say the official explanation that fires caused the collapse is impossible. Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth argue there must have been a controlled demolition.

FIND OUT MORE...
The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 - The Third Tower is on BBC Two on Sunday 6 July at 2100 BST
Visit The Conspiracy Files website or catch up using the iPlayer

Q&A: The collapse of Tower 7
Timeline: WTC 7
The BBC and the 'missing' tape

The founder of the group, Richard Gage, says the collapse of the third tower is an obvious example of a controlled demolition using explosives.

"Building Seven is the smoking gun of 9/11… A sixth grader can look at this building falling at virtually freefall speed, symmetrically and smoothly, and see that it is not a natural process.

"Buildings that fall in natural processes fall to the path of least resistance", says Gage, "they don't go straight down through themselves."

Conspiracy theories

There are a number of facts that have encouraged conspiracy theories about Tower Seven.

* Although its collapse potentially made architectural history, all of the thousands of tonnes of steel from the skyscraper were taken away to be melted down.
* The third tower was occupied by the Secret Service, the CIA, the Department of Defence and the Office of Emergency Management, which would co-ordinate any response to a disaster or a terrorist attack.
* The destruction of the third tower was never mentioned in the 9/11 Commission Report. The first official inquiry into Tower Seven by the Federal Emergency Management Agency was unable to be definitive about what caused its collapse.
* In May 2002 FEMA concluded that the building collapsed because intense fires had burned for hours, fed by thousands of gallons of diesel stored in the building. But it said this had "only a low probability of occurrence" and more work was needed.

But now nearly seven years after 9/11 the definitive official explanation of what happened to Tower Seven is finally about to be published in America.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology has spent more than two years investigating Tower Seven but lead investigator Dr Shyam Sunder rejects criticism that it has been slow.

Advertisement

The collapse of Tower 7

"We've been at this for a little over two years and doing a two or two and a half year investigation is not at all unusual. That's the same kind of time frame that takes place when we do aeroplane crash investigations, it takes a few years."

With no steel from Tower 7 to study, investigators have instead made four extremely complex computer models worked out to the finest detail. They're confident their approach can now provide the answers. Dr Sunder says the investigation is moving as fast as possible.

"It's a very complex problem. It requires a level of fidelity in the modelling and rigour in the analysis that has never been done before."

Other skyscrapers haven't fully collapsed before because of fire. But NIST argues that what happened on 9/11 was unique.

Steel structure weakened

It says Tower Seven had an unusual design, built over an electricity substation and a subway; there were many fires that burnt for hours; and crucially, fire fighters could not fight the fires in Tower 7, because they didn't have enough water and focused on saving lives.

Investigators have focused on the east side where the long floor spans were under most stress.

They think fires burnt long enough to weaken and break many of the connections that held the steel structure together.

Most susceptible were the thinner floor beams which required less fireproofing, and the connections between the beams and the columns. As they heated up the connections failed and the beams sagged and failed, investigators say.

The collapse of the first of the Twin Towers does not seem to have caused any serious damage to Tower Seven, but the second collapse of the 1,368ft (417m) North Tower threw debris at Tower Seven, just 350ft (106m) away.

Tower Seven came down at 5.21pm. Until now most of the photographs have been of the three sides of the building that did not show much obvious physical damage. Now new photos of the south side of the building, which crucially faced the North Tower, show that whole side damaged and engulfed in smoke.

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
I can't imagine that anyone really gives a shit about this anymore.

I know I certainly don't.

jules

uppity taxpayer
good post liddy.
i think the fires, and the impact of giant pieces of the towers falling on the building is what lead to its demise.

but no matter what this article,or anything else that people try to tell them, jesse ventura and the rest of the assholes wont want to hear it at all.

Jim T.

Calmo, calmo...
This just gives them somebody else to yell at. Except instead of "What about Tower 7?" it'll be "Why are you covering up what happened to Tower 7?" I mean, these dummies protested Bill Maher.

Even my mother is convinced that Bush brought down the towers, and she's stone cold conservative (NOT RACIST).

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
What I love the most about the truthers is that, suddenly, they are all experts on demolition and what happens to twin 110-story skyscrapers when they fall. This just fuels the fire, no pun.

I've never seen or heard of a test study on a 110-story building that was not brought down with explosives and observed how it falls, at what rate does it fall, and what would happen to surrounding buildings if two of them fall right next to it. The only thing we've seen is a real life scenario of this happening.

Both towers collapsed due to a combination of elements...fire, destruction to floor joists, and burning jet fuel weakening the steel supporting the upper floors. It quite simply fell under it's own weight.

What we also know for fact is that the North tower collapse caused severe damage to Tower 7...from about the 18th floor and down. It also burned over 6 hours after the North Tower collapse and fire was seen from about the 6th floor up thru the 30th...Tower 7 is only 47 stories. Firefighters also reported in the afternoon that it looked like the building was going to collapse. Even the National Institute of Standards and Technology, who investigated the fall said that the damage to the tower was more extensive than FEMA first reported. The building was going to come down at some point.

But again...Bush and his cronies met with a few thousands of co-conspirators and planned this whole thing out.

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
A building who's first five floors stored 10'000 gallons of diesel fuel.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
What brought down Tower Seven? The same thing that brought down the other towers....

and his merry men!

Close the thread!

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Give me a fucking break!!!!!!!

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
I actually like the Truthers because as soon as they share their opinions it’s a great way for me to find out that they are people I’ll never have to bother getting to know.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
It's so hard for one to believe that radical Islamists brought down the towers.

jpc165

Through the Fire and Flames
fuck these cunts. they should burn with the terrorists.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
I actually like the Truthers because as soon as they share their opinions it’s a great way for me to find out that they are people I’ll never have to bother getting to know.
Yup. It's the ultimate personality test.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Even my mother is convinced that Bush brought down the towers, and she's stone cold conservative (NOT RACIST).
Your mom is stone cold dummy.

The truther bullshit isn't liberal vs. conservative. It's retard vs. reality. There's nothing political about it. It's non-affiliated stupidity plain and simple.

Redding

Why can't us?
9-11 was a inside job MMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN

caniseeyourtaint

Passive agressive douche
Come on...we know demo explosives brought down the towers. The planes crashing thru them and exploding were CGI'd in. And then when Tower 7 didn't come down after all the debris that the Bush administration purposely directed at it damaged 18 floors....they sent in special ops disguised as pizza delivery boys to wire the building with explosives. They managed to sneak past all the firemen working to clear the building and extinguish the fires, and plant the explosives. How can you not all see the truth!

oh wait...I forgot....

Maaaaannnnnnnnnnn!

:action-sm

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Tower 7 was brought down by the Sooper Seekrit Illuminati Reptilian Moonjews.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Come on...we know demo explosives brought down the towers. The planes crashing thru them and exploding were CGI'd in. And then when Tower 7 didn't come down after all the debris that the Bush administration purposely directed at it damaged 18 floors....they sent in special ops disguised as pizza delivery boys to wire the building with explosives. They managed to sneak past all the firemen working to clear the building and extinguish the fires, and plant the explosives. How can you not all see the truth!

oh wait...I forgot....

Maaaaannnnnnnnnnn!

:action-sm
Nah, Bush already ordered Tower 7 to be wired with explosives when they were wiring Tower 1 and 2.

It happened in one of those top secret 9-11 planning meetings between Bush and the few thousand 9-11 co-conspirators, that are going about their lives quietly today and living happily knowing they helped murder 3,000+ Americans.

Here is the actual transcript of that meeting...

Bush - "We need to wire the two towers with explosives so I can then blame it on Saddam and go seek revenge against the planned assassination on my daddy."

Cheney - "We could also then take control of Iraq oil and order OPEC to raise oil prices so we can cash in for years to come."

Bush - "Sounds like a plan...(pauses and turns to the lead conspirator)...if you got any extra explosives, throw some in Tower 7."

Co-conspirator 1 - "Ok...but what about towers 4, 5, or 6?"

Bush - "Nah...I got a few college buddies who work for the SEC in that building...(laughs)...I wanna scare the shit out of them!"

(Laughter and nods)
Only in New York, kids...only in New York! :action-sm

KRSOne

Scientific Study finds Tower 7 did not fall from fire, it fell from a failure of every column in the building at the same time! Sounds like a controlled demolition to me, proven right again!

University Study Finds Fire Did Not Cause 3rd Tower's Collapse on 9/11 https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...use-3rd-towers-collapse-on-911-300911896.html

"Our study found that the fires in WTC 7 could not have caused the collapse recorded on video," said Professor Hulsey. "We simulated every plausible scenario, and we found that the series of failures that NIST claimed triggered a progressive collapse of the entire structure could not have occurred. The only thing that could have brought this structure down in the manner observed on 9/11 is the near-simultaneous failure of every column in the building below Floor 17."