WTF? Ticketmaster Concert tickets jump in price as seats sell?

So my wife and kid wanted to go to Taylor Swift this summer and there are 2 shows at Gillette...
So I was hammering 2 computers the day the tickets went on sale...
I got through for the friday show and bought 2 tickets in the $ area she wanted...300 level, in the front 5 row overhang, Section 306 for $132 each including the $22 in fees...So the base price was $110 per...

I then tried to get better seats for Saturday...and lucked out with 2 tickets in section 114 row 2 which is right next to the stage and pretty much the best place to sit for a concert at a stadium because the stage is 8ft high and floor people that close can't even see 10ft back on the stage...
So those tickets were $233 each with fees...$210 face...
So I was looking to sell the tickets for friday to cover my costs...
Ticketmaster charges a $22 fee for reselling through them...and got $22 when I bought them AND charges the buyer $22 in fees...So for every resale ticket that sells ticketmaster makes $66...wow..

Anyway, aside from that, the seats that were $110 each are now FACE cost, not resale, $240 EACH, that's the 300 level seats...they more than 2x in cost...which is great for me. I can resell them and almost pay for the sec 114 seats...oh, and those section 114 seats? They jumped from $210 to FOUR HUNDRED AND FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS each, face price...

So apparently there is some sort of tiered pricing that jumps with demand...but I am SURE that Taylor Swift and the other bands that perform at these arenas are not aware of this, nor are they making that extra money...

wow..
thanks if you read it.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
TicketMaster is a fucking garbage company to deal with.
I try and avoid them if possible.

TicketMaster is a fucking garbage company to deal with.
I try and avoid them if possible.
Yeah...remember when Pearl Jam tried that..

So I got a bunch of vouchers as part of that ticket settlement...Like 50 vouchers and a bunch of $2.25 discount codes...Only you can only use 2 codes per purchase...and they raised their fees $5 when they issued the discount codes so you still pay the same/more and there is no benefit to splitting up purchases to use more codes because you don't save any more money. Oh, and the free ticket vouchers that were issued 3 years ago...I have yet to find a single event within 300 miles that accepts the vouchers...

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Yeah...remember when Pearl Jam tried that..

So I got a bunch of vouchers as part of that ticket settlement...Like 50 vouchers and a bunch of $2.25 discount codes...Only you can only use 2 codes per purchase...and they raised their fees $5 when they issued the discount codes so you still pay the same/more and there is no benefit to splitting up purchases to use more codes because you don't save any more money. Oh, and the free ticket vouchers that were issued 3 years ago...I have yet to find a single event within 300 miles that accepts the vouchers...
Use the vouchers for shows that look like they might be slightly popular and just sell them on Stubhub.
Did that with two shows over the summer (Dashboard Confessional and another in the vein) and got about $150 for 4 tickets.

Most acts get paid a set amount based on selling a certain amount of tickets, and venues try to only book people who can sell enough seats. So if you know you can turn a profit selling tickets, you're probably not taking anything away from the performer.

Source: I've worked with a couple of venues in my day. Raised prices almost always come from the venue.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Most acts get paid a set amount based on selling a certain amount of tickets, and venues try to only book people who can sell enough seats. So if you know you can turn a profit selling tickets, you're probably not taking anything away from the performer.

Source: I've worked with a couple of venues in my day. Raised prices almost always come from the venue.
Welcome to Wackbag!

Please view our entire welcome thread:

https://www.wackbag.com/threads/horse-a-thon-fundraiser-2-new-car-hullabaloo.166195/

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
@Pigdango

A Festivus Miracle!

#2017stilldelivering

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

Welcome to Wackbag!

Tell me something, friend - do you like to watch bad movies?