WWE January 2008 Thread

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Fuck the Royal Rumble! Let's go to ROH in February instead. It's right across the street from the Garden.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
DAMN I wanted to start this thread

Fuck the Royal Rumble! Let's go to ROH in February instead. It's right across the street from the Garden.
Where's it gonna be? Hammerstein?

Ring of Honor is just like ECW right? No rules or anything?

commish13

May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Grand Ballroom. It's a few flights up from the Hammerstein. It's where RAW was taped at the beginning.

It's a wrestling company, not a hardcore garbage wrestling company. The rules are a bit relaxed to let the guys wrestle to their capabilities, but it isn't a clusterfuck like ECW could often be.

jimmyjimjimz

Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Grand Ballroom. It's a few flights up from the Hammerstein. It's where RAW was taped at the beginning.

It's a wrestling company, not a hardcore garbage wrestling company. The rules are a bit relaxed to let the guys wrestle to their capabilities, but it isn't a clusterfuck like ECW could often be.
No, I don't mean the current ECW. I mean the old ECW when you didn't get counted out or disqualified, and when they did shows from places like Hammerstein and the Elk's Lodge in Queens. Back when Paul Heyman was running the show.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
What was the deal with the 5 minute firework display during JBL's entrance? Coulda done without all of that....although it looked like Jericho got him pretty good on his schnoz. Looked like he got cut by his nails

really liked the Kennedy-HBK match, I was very glad to see Kennedy get a clean win in a good match.

Goddaaaamn did Mickie look good in the Women's title match. Tits galore between her, Melina, & Beth Phoenix. Sloppy start...what was the deal with that bodyslam gone nowhere? Nice Double Enziguri spot though

Hornswoggle vs. Regal...pointless time waster

and as per usual...I forgot to record whatever was on after Raw :arrrh:
so how does HHH get into the Rumble afterall? Or does that basically cement that it's going to be a Smackdown guy who wins the Rumble & HHH will win the Elimination Chamber at Armageddon (or whatever the next PPV is)

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I now going to the Royal Rumble...I don't follow as much anymore but I have never been to a Royal Rumble and I think its going to be cool...I mean its in MSG so I just have to take the train right there so no driving or traveling horse shit...I went to Summer Slam way back in the day, Survivor Series like 2 years ago, and Royal Rumble this year... So if I ever go to WM I will have been to each of the big 4...I doubt that will ever happen though because I really don't care that much..

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
you lucky ass...I didn't wind up getting tickets :icon_neut

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
Or does that basically cement that it's going to be a Smackdown guy who wins the Rumble & HHH will win the Elimination Chamber at Armageddon (or whatever the next PPV is)
I'm thinking HHH gets himself into a triple threat match at RR because no one in the world actually believes Hardy has a chance to win the strap. When does Lashley come back? Because if he is close to being ready, I bet he comes back unannounced and wins the rumble.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Is there any chance Vince is going to gamble and roll the dice on Hardy like he did with Bret or HBK back in the day? I cant see HArdy being a World Champion but if you look back at some of those early Rockers/Hart Foundations matches, I would have never believed either one of them could be the superstars they became.

Nimrod

Feb 15, 2005
When does Lashley come back? Because if he is close to being ready, I bet he comes back unannounced and wins the rumble.
it sounds like something that WWE would do

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Mark my words Flair enters the Rumble at #1 and wins it all...with the help of HHH

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Yea Lashley is probably coming back at the RR, But i dont think that he will win it. They could make him throw like 12 people out of the ring or something like that to put over the fact that he is strong.
I dont think that flair is going to win the Royal Rumble but i do see him entering #1. Also HHH is going to get himself into the Main event of WM24 some how and we all know that, but the thing is how is he going to do it.

commish13

May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
No, I don't mean the current ECW. I mean the old ECW when you didn't get counted out or disqualified, and when they did shows from places like Hammerstein and the Elk's Lodge in Queens. Back when Paul Heyman was running the show.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. The original ECW.

jimmyjimjimz

Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. The original ECW.
The original ECW wasnt lame. The original ECW was something that wrestling really needs back. It was something different. Something that no one ever saw comming. At least that's what I think.

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
The original ECW wasnt lame. The original ECW was something that wrestling really needs back. It was something different. Something that no one ever saw comming. At least that's what I think.
It was different but there wasn't much wrestling until Eddie, Benoit and Malenko. Before them ECW was a hardcore clusterfuck.

Me thinks Triple H wins the Elimination chamber and gets into WM24 main event or we somehow get Triple H vs Kennedy, which was orignally planned with the McMahon son thing.

I know some of you like Hardy, but he is not going to win the championship, nor do I want him to. They always have the Champion win at the Rumble , but they give underrated wrestlers the chance to be in the Main Even. Hardy is a good wrestler/high flyer with some decent moves, and everything. I just don't see him as a World Champion. He is a good IC champion, but not World championship material.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Hardy is a good wrestler/high flyer with some decent moves, and everything. I just don't see him as a World Champion. He is a good IC champion, but not World championship material.
Your right Hardy wont win, even thought i like him. But Cena did win back the championship against Edge a couple of years ago at the Royal Rumble.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Is there any chance Vince is going to gamble and roll the dice on Hardy like he did with Bret or HBK back in the day?
I think that would be pretty cool, but I think Jeff won't get it done. Even as a transitional champ, he's not gonna get the rub at the Rumble

Mark my words Flair enters the Rumble at #1 and wins it all...with the help of HHH
That would be pretty fucking cool...have him either win the strap at WM and give it one last run or have him lose in an epic match

They always have the Champion win at the Rumble...

commish13

May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
Yeah, we have something that wrestling really needs back. It's called ROH. Better than ECW was. If it was a bigger promotion, it would have the same or greater effect than ECW did in the 90s. It has already gone through many of the problems ECW did, such as talent raids, and the storylines and angles are written by a protege of sorts of Heyman. And the wrestling is a million times better than it was n ECW.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
Yeah, we have something that wrestling really needs back. It's called ROH. Better than ECW was. If it was a bigger promotion, it would have the same or greater effect than ECW did in the 90s. It has already gone through many of the problems ECW did, such as talent raids, and the storylines and angles are written by a protege of sorts of Heyman. And the wrestling is a million times better than it was n ECW.
The indies in general. ROH, IWA:MS, CHIKARA, PWG, CZW, IWS, among others, really something for everyone, whatever you're looking for in a fed, if you're not happy with the TV product. And the talent pool is fairly incestuous so you'll see a lot of the same faces in each of these.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I was thinking about this the other day. If ESPN didn't have this houlier than thou attitude when it comes proffessional wrestling, maybe they would sign a deal to televise ROH on ESPN 2. I think it would benefit both parties involved. It would give ROH a chance to expand its fanbase and ESPN would benefit from ratings, because lets face there is still alot of filler programming on ESPN 2.

As for the whole Jeff Hardy thing, I don't think he is going to win the title from Randy Orton. He still has the IC belt and they will probably just let him fall back on that to defend after the Rumble. Which is a shame, because the right thing to do, was to have Hardy drop the belt to Santino Morella, which you could parlay into a Santino-Carlitio fued. Then have Jeff Hardy win the title from Orton and let that fued run for a while. Hardy keeps the title only to lose to Mr. Kennedy, leading to the Wrestlemania main event match with Triple H, who will be fueding with Regal while all the above mentioned is going on.