OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

WWE Saturday Morning Slam

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Lord Zero, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

This show is already neutered and it hasn't even premiered yet.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1301791-wwe-saturday-morning-slams-rules-make-it-a-waste-of-time?search_query=100%20wrestling%20moves

2. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

Whoever this writer is left out "running the ropes"
    I always hated that

I don't think this is a big deal though and most likely has to do with getting more advertising money for the network. I would guess these "rules" came from that

3. UCJOE

4. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

What is this, dueling content farm day? Do yourselves a favor, download an extension for your browser that lets you block Bleacher Report from search results. The writers of those articles know less than we do.

As for the neck rule, that's nothing new. When was the last time you saw a piledriver done by anyone except Kane or Taker?

This has nothing to do with Vince. It has everything to do with being a public company with major sponsorships.

5. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

If that's true (and I don't know how accurate it is since Wrestle Zone is apparently the best source for this story) then it's incredibly stupid. If they don't want neckbreakers and headlocks (I'll assume DDTs are also part of the list) because they target the neck and the show is targeted at kids, then why are neckbreakers, headlocks, and DDTs allowed on the other shows? After all, they are putting out a PG-rated show in order to get more kids watching. Is it somehow ok for kids to see Randy Orton perform a DDT with his opponent's feet on the 2nd rope if it's at 8:00 on Raw or Smackdown but not ok for that same kid to see a headlock on Saturday morning? Where's the logic in that?

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

There is no logic. Toy companies are booking this shit. It's what happens when you take a wrestling company public.

7. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

A regular old punch seems infinitely more violent than something you would never use in a real fight, like the RKO.

Surprised they didn't take some sort of animated angle with this Saturday morning show.

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Kids don't break each others' necks with a punch. This whole thing reeks of a sponsor being afraid of lawsuits, and not understanding wrestling one bit. You can tell evil Vince isn't behind it because he knows a headlock isn't dangerous. It's a fucking rest hold, and he knows that.

That's why these Bleacher Report stories are so shitty. The idiots writing them have no idea how media businesses work, so they blame Vince for everything.

9. transit grinder

transit grinder Baglin' with the Sex

Yeeeeah, I missed the entire point. Sorry.

10. Lord Zero

To be fair, sponsors don't have the authority to make directives to WWE talent. Vince has to make that call.

11. Lord Zero

I didn't get this story through a search. I saw when I was looking at another wrestling item on the site (which was a stupid "Top 100 Moves" slideshow) and I thought it looked interesting. I'm not really a fan of the site. I only found it this month so I'm still just exploring it. I don't think it's going to be a site I check regularly.

Don't forget Lawler.

12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Actually it's probably Kevin Dunn. Vince has final authority of course, but he doesn't run the whole show. It happens at every level of media. Right down to a 3000 watt radio station in market 140. I've seen it with my own eyes and been told what not to say, in order to appease sponsors.

They want to make money. This makes them money. That's the bottom line.

13. Lord Zero

That guy might be the all-time biggest piece of shit on WWE's corporate side (he's tied with Vince himself). He's easily Vince's biggest enabler and is the biggest supporter of the idea that WWE doesn't do wrestling. He hates wrestling. He loves his job (and paycheck), though. That's "sports entertainment", you see.

14. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Vince is Dunn's enabler. We know Vince has at least some respect for the business. He just likes money more.

15. UCJOE

So far so good

From Meltzer:

16. Lord Zero

That's a good point, sir. Either way, Kevin Dunn is a cancer on the WWE's corporate side. He should be confined to his video package directing job (which he's genuinely good at) or be fired outright.