WWE + Scooby Doo = What The Fuck?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Seriously. What the fuck?

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/8/15/3244740/wwe-studios-warner-bros-new-wrestlemania-scooby-doo-movie

CagesideSeats.com said:
WWE Studios and Warner Bros teaming up to make new WrestleMania themed Scooby-Doo movie
by Geno Mrosko on Aug 15, 2012 1:30 PM EDT

Intrigue at WrestleMania!

WWE Studios is teaming up with Warner Bros to co-produce a new animated Scooby-Doo movie that will center around a mystery at WrestleMania. The list of wrestlers set to appear in the film are Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, and AJ Lee.

WWE Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon will also appear. All of the above will lend their voices to the effort.

From the press release:

"We are excited to partner with Warner Bros. on this wonderful animated film," said WWE Studios President Michael Luisi. "Kids and adults are going to enjoy seeing their favorite WWE Superstars in animated form join forces with an icon like Scooby-Doo to solve a mystery at the biggest pop-culture event of the year - WrestleMania."

"Warner Bros. is thrilled to get into the ring with WWE Studios to bring fans an unprecedented animated adventure," said Jeff Brown, Executive Vice President and General Manager, TV, Warner Home Video. "We're excited to leverage the WWE's family-friendly brand and passionate fan base and integrate some of the most popular WWE Superstars and Divas within the Scooby-Doo gang."

When Shaggy and Scooby win tickets to WrestleMania, the entire gang travels in the Mystery Machine to WWE City to attend the epic event. However, when a mysterious ghostly bear appears and threatens to ruin the show, Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred work with WWE Superstars to solve the case.
Sounds like a winner.

The movie will be distributed through Blu-Ray, DVD, VOD, and digital download. I know how excited all you Cagesiders are for this one but you'll have to wait until 2014 for the official release.
This has the potential to be a massive creative embarrassment. I'm talking a No Holds Barred-level creative embarrassment.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Stupid fucking kids still love Scooby-doo.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
They are probably just supplying the talent. Would this be any better if they used real voice actors?

Kids will want this because it's Scooby Doo, and it will be dirt cheap to make. As awful as it might be, they'll make money on this.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I won't be watching that (unless I happen to become a father between now and then), but it will make them money. Kids love Scooby-Doo and some of those kids will discover wrestling because of it and wind up asking their parents for the action figures, t-shirts, etc. As long as there isn't an episode of Raw hosted by Scooby and Shaggy, it should be pretty harmless to wrestling fans.

edit to add: If Scooby-Doo was good enough for Batman & Robin and the Globetrotters, then it's good enough for wrestlers.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
It really is good marketing. And it'll be better than the Hulk Hogan cartoon.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I won't be watching that (unless I happen to become a father between now and then), but it will make them money. Kids love Scooby-Doo and some of those kids will discover wrestling because of it and wind up asking their parents for the action figures, t-shirts, etc. As long as there isn't an episode of Raw hosted by Scooby and Shaggy, it should be pretty harmless to wrestling fans.

edit to add: If Scooby-Doo was good enough for Batman & Robin and the Globetrotters, then it's good enough for wrestlers.
Don't forget the Three Stooges.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
When will the long-awaited WWE-Star Wars-Indiana Jones crossover will get greenlit? A partnership with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg can be nothing but beneficial for the WWE. I can't wait for the special edition re-release of WrestleMania XX where Chris Benoit gets digitally replaced with a walkie-talkie.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
fuck all this shit, I love Scooby Doo.

+1 for the WWE on this.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I never watched any recent WWE film, but this I might watch out of curiosity

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
There are two Sin Caras, and the shitty one gets to keep the gimmick. The one that can actually work gets a generic Mexican thug character.