WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2008

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
alright I picked this up wednesday for the ps2 (rental) and I plan on buying it for the psp. So far it's ok. they continued their tradition of completely changing the control scheme again so it's takes a while to get used to.

so far I've unlocked everything within reason except for the GM of the year to get vince and bald vince, and creating stables, belts etc needed to get other shit from the hall of fame.

also i can't find any info on how to light the tables on fire as seen in the commercials

there is a cheat menu this time but i'm sure most of them unlock shit you can buy through playing the game, but i've only seen two cheats posted online 1 being shawn michaels d-x costume which i've already unlocked and 2 being an alternate costume for kelly kelly, which i could give a shit about as i never pick any girls for anything, even managers

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I head the Wii version only has 4 different match types, and no hell in a cell or elimination chamber. Is THQ trying to bail out on Nintendo because of the unique controls? (Wiimote) It better not suck on the Wii.

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
Hater.

I picked up the Wii version yesterday as part of TRU's buy 2 get 1 free promo. Haven't played it yet; I only had time for The Simpsons Game.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
You can light the tables on fire by storing a finisher, set up a table, and hit the special by it.
and you have to be in extreme rules match...its doesn't work in a regular table match....You can also like the 2x4 wrapped in barb wire on fire too....

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
thinking about asking my chick to pick it up for x-mas....what legends are in it this year?

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
thinking about asking my chick to pick it up for x-mas....what legends are in it this year?
not a whole lot.The roster is pretty small this year...Rick Rude, Terry Funk, Sabu, and then like Stone Cold The Rock Vince and Shane...

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
not a whole lot.The roster is pretty small this year...Rick Rude, Terry Funk, Sabu, and then like Stone Cold The Rock Vince and Shane...
that sucks...was hoping for some Boss Man or Akeem maybe Demolition...Rude would be cool though

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I did wind up picking this up for the 360......and I really don't like the control scheme for this game. I don't know if it's different for the PS2/PS3 versions, but it just seems like the number of moves you can do has been greatly reduced.

Overall, when you also factor in the lack of roster depth, I'm pretty disappointed in this game thus far. The new stuff just doesn't make up for what I consider to be the game's flaws.

buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
Nov 25, 2004
Jersey
but to be able to put your own music in the game for entrances FTW, I really need to find Jericho's old WCW rip off of Even Flow theme, its so bad-ass, and Jericho could do 1001 moves back then too

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I did wind up picking this up for the 360......and I really don't like the control scheme for this game. I don't know if it's different for the PS2/PS3 versions, but it just seems like the number of moves you can do has been greatly reduced.

Overall, when you also factor in the lack of roster depth, I'm pretty disappointed in this game thus far. The new stuff just doesn't make up for what I consider to be the game's flaws.
They changed it from last year..Once you get the hang of it its alright...

I agree putting your own music on the CAW is pretty cool. I am also going to put Man in the Box on Dreamer...

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Got the game for X-mas, played a little but ended up getting really frustrated with the controls WTF is up with only 2 options? last year i think had 4 control options...thats what got me the most...also is there an elimiation chamber match for PS2? i didn't see one but i didn't look to hard is it an unliockable thing or just not included?

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I head the Wii version only has 4 different match types, and no hell in a cell or elimination chamber. Is THQ trying to bail out on Nintendo because of the unique controls? (Wiimote) It better not suck on the Wii.
(Wow, I'm quoting myself)
I got the Wii version for christmas, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It IS missing a lot, though. I really wish you could set tables on fire and shit on the Wii version. And the only weapon you can use is a steel chair. That sucks. Next year, THQ has to put more into the Wii version.