WWE Thread - August 2015 - Summer Slam

Summer Slam is a couple weeks away and Taker/Lesnar is getttall the hype, but Seth Rollins has been on a roll lately. I haven't finished watching last night's Raw, but calling Orton, Cesaro, and Owens jerkoffs in the opening segment had me laughing. His match with Neville last week was crazy excellent. I have a feeling that the match against Orton probably wasn't as good, but Orton tends to bore the life out of me.

I'm looking forward to Cesaro/Owens. Both guys have had some awesome matches lately and they might steal the show if they're given enough time - and there's no reason why they shouldn't be now that it's a 4-hour show.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
I don't give a shit, I still loves me some Taker.

"I'LL KILL YOU!!"
"YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO!!!"

Everyone seems to think Sheamus is cashing in on Sunday. If he pulls the same thing Seth Rollins did and cashes in during the match, if he won, would he also get the US Title or just the WWE title? Though, I feel that Sheamus won't be successful in his cash in attempt. I thought he would turn a match into a triple threat like Rollins and end up getting pinned.

Everyone seems to think Sheamus is cashing in on Sunday. If he pulls the same thing Seth Rollins did and cashes in during the match, if he won, would he also get the US Title or just the WWE title? Though, I feel that Sheamus won't be successful in his cash in attempt. I thought he would turn a match into a triple threat like Rollins and end up getting pinned.
I really hope he doesn't cash in - at least not successfully. He just bores me lately, so I think I'd rather see a Cena reign if those were the only 2 choices. I have a feeling that there will be some sort of scewy ending, though. Maybe a Rollins DQ so nobody walks away with both titles. The new 15X merchandise for Cena has me thinking he won't win the title quite yet (although I wouldn't put it past them to do the Sheamus cash in so Cena can have #16 this month and pass Flair next month when he wins it back).

Lord Zero

We're 21 days into August and this thread only has 3 posts, not including this one or the OP.

We're 21 days into August and this thread only has 3 posts, not including this one or the OP.
There haven't been a ton of developments this month. I'm sure after this weekend, things will heat up. Or not, what do I know.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
It's Owens vs. Cesaro, right? That oughta be gud.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Just started watching the NXT show from earlier. Despite watching NXT and Raw, I forgot that they were doing SS in New York.
So, at least if they do something shitty, the crowd will appropriately trash it immediately.
With any luck, before the show starts HHH and Steph will trap Vince in an elevator and keep him from participating.

Edit:
Almost all the way through Takeover. Holy shit, they really need to step the fuck up tonight.

Last edited:
Seth Rollins was sitting with the girl whose naked picture was tweeted out by his fiancee. The show seemed to fly by and everyone I thought would win did. The matches were all pretty good. Didn't they say Hideo was going to be there? I didn't see him.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Once again the womens match steals the show at a Takeover event. Was so cool to see the 4 horsewomen have their curtain call moment. Sara Del Ray has done wonders training these women to be actual wrestlers that can fucking go.

There are reports that the WWE has signed KANA, which is why she was next to Flair and Slaughter, and given the Taz(z) treatment with her name (KANNA). I'm reading about people freaking out over this, that she's really good, does some weird face/outfit stuff from time to time like Finn Balor, and is stiff as hell, especially with her leg kicks.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Just watched the women's NXT championship match. Damn, these girls are light years ahead of the twats on the main roster. It's too bad AJ Lee called it quits before these girls came up.

I'd fuck Bailey if I didn't have to look at her much. Text book butterface.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
Just watched the women's NXT championship match. Damn, these girls are light years ahead of the twats on the main roster. It's too bad AJ Lee called it quits before these girls came up.

I'd fuck Bailey if I didn't have to look at her much. Text book butterface.
yeah but butterface implies she might look good from a distance. Bayley's yet to find the necessary number of miles that makes her attractive.

but yeah, fuck that shit, the match between Bayley and Sasha Banks was fantastic. they pretty much single-handedly legitimized women's wrestling for years to come with that performance last night. the sad thing is WWE Creative is probably still looking for ways to make Eva Marie a superstar. it's sad because Bayley and Sasha put on not only the best match of the card, but possibly the best match on a WWE product I've seen in a few years.

Last edited:

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
That was a pretty good show. Rollins beat John Cena fair and square (Jon Stewart's interference is clean in my books) and proved that he's the best wrestler today. The guy's incredible. Brock/Taker II was great until the weird ending, but unlike the nerds on Twitter I'm not complaining... it's fucking wrestling, this shit happens. Everything else on top was just gravy.

That was a pretty good show. Rollins beat John Cena fair and square (Jon Stewart's interference is clean in my books) and proved that he's the best wrestler today. The guy's incredible. Brock/Taker II was great until the weird ending, but unlike the nerds on Twitter I'm not complaining... it's fucking wrestling, this shit happens. Everything else on top was just gravy.
The ending was weird. The thing I would have changed was not make the tap so obvious in the replays. I don't know why they started with Orton and Sheamus because literally nobody cared about that match. The IC title match was in a similar boat where I didn't really care for it. Amell took a lot more bumps than I expected and I thought it was weird how the two guys the match was built around weren't involved in the finish. I understand Barret eats pinfalls like Shooter McGavin eats pieces of shit for breakfast, and the don't want someone to be pinned by an actor, but I feel there would have been a way where Neville and Stardust are the legal men, but Amell is still in the ring and spears Stardust to set up the Red Arrow for the pin. The tag title match was a lot better than I thought it would be, the Diva match was worse than I thought it would be. They gave Tamina way too much time and Sasha not nearly enough, though that may have been to protect her since they were the first team eliminated. Rusev/Ziggler was just a way to prolong the feud. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but it was similar to Survivor Series when it was Ziggler in with Rusev where Rusev was counted out and Ziggler barely beat the count. Owens and Cesaro stole the show. it was nice to see Owens get the win and Cesaro has really won me over. I always though it was good in the ring, but a bore otherwise, but his personality is really starting the shine for me. I'm glad Rollins won somewhat cleanly. I knew Cena wouldn't win with his new shirt just coming out claiming 15x, but I was expecting some sort of DQ or non-finish to the match. And Rollins' white gear is such a great heel move that I loved from the second I saw it. Ambrose and Reigns against the Wyatts was a good match. Very forgettable though. I don't know what happened to Reigns where he went missing and led the crowd to chant that he's sleeping.

Overall, it was good show. It wasn't as good as Wrestlemania, but I felt it flowed nicely. It didn't feel like they had to stretch the matches and now that I think about it, it would have made more sense for Stewart to interfere in the Taker/Brock match since his whole problem with Brock was never resolved, but he did have the history with Rollins so it wasn't illogical for him to have a presence in that match. And Foley, it's always great to see Foley.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
so yeah, Sasha/Bayley was better than anything on Summerslam.

I won't pretend that Seth Rollins doesn't have great skills in the ring, but his ridiculous Bootsy Collins wrestling boots (to make him look tall enough to be a Superstar Vince and co. think the public will take seriously) coupled with his half-assed CM Punk impersonation make him so incredibly loathsome to me. He was prematurely given the top belt in the company, made to look utterly impotent over and over and over again, then he's booked to out-Superman Superman, pulling off ridiculous moves only to be bailed out by a chair shot from a 5'7" 150lb Jewish comedian. Terrible. And given the booking of him for the last few months and cowering in the face of every challenge, the decision to have him challenge Cena made absolutely no sense either, but I get it, the 5'10" guy who has magically grown to 6'3" in the last year is seen as the company's only good option because they've so badly botched everything else. whatever.

and speaking of moronic booking, you don't want to have a clean finish to Undertaker-Brock, that's fine. but you have a finish that literally no one in the building understood, a faceless timekeeper (prematurely) ending the match, and then an official yelling at the timekeeper, which no one in the building heard, and then the match magically restarting in order to get the dusty finish? that's weaker than the 50-year old "phenom" looked stumbling back up the catwalk after the match. lame as, and I really don't give a fuck about seeing those two ever fight again.

I thought Owens-Cesaro was hurt a bit by its placement on the card. The booking of Owens since his 2nd match with Cena has really damaged the character so they had to give him a win tonight, so no surprise in the outcome. But I thought sticking it where it was on the card made the whole thing come off a bit flatter than it would have been had it earlier in the card, perhaps in the place of the completely fucking pointless Ryback match. And speaking of Roidback, I was glad to see how completely indifferent to him the Barclay's crowd was, especially since there's no reason for a feud between Ryback, The Miz and The Big Show to ever exist.

Most everything else was ok but seriously fuck The Wyatts-Two-thirds of The Shield match. The Bray Wyatt gimmick has run its course and Roman Reigns has gained no traction at all. Ambrose is over (for reasons largely mysterious to me), so I get why they'll continue to push him and his shitty no-sell shtick but there's no weight behind a feud involving those 4 guys anymore. Hopefully Bray Wyatt jobbing clean for the 500th time means that misguided feud is finished.

The thing I didn't like about the John Stewart run-in was the way he blatantly telegraphed that he was going to hit Cena instead of taking his time and leaving some doubt about it

Haven't seen it yet but sounds like a good show for the most part. I guess it's old school but i just don't like the world title match to be on the mid-card. 3 matches after what should be the 'main event' kind of de-values it IMO.

Speaking of de-valuing titles, I'll be interested to see what they do the the U.S. title now. I've never been a huge Cena fan but i liked what they were doing to build the belt up with the weekly open challenge was great, but now it's all washed away. I like Rollins' in-ring work, but the guy just bugs the shit out of me. I DVR Raw and have to FF through his 20 minute speeches every week. I was honestly expecting HHH to come out and cost him the title to set up a match next month. I still think they are going that way but maybe dragging it out to Survivor series?

Now that I think about it, there's no way the timekeeper would have been able to see The Undertaker tapping.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
Haven't seen it yet but sounds like a good show for the most part. I guess it's old school but i just don't like the world title match to be on the mid-card. 3 matches after what should be the 'main event' kind of de-values it IMO.

Speaking of de-valuing titles, I'll be interested to see what they do the the U.S. title now. I've never been a huge Cena fan but i liked what they were doing to build the belt up with the weekly open challenge was great, but now it's all washed away. I like Rollins' in-ring work, but the guy just bugs the shit out of me. I DVR Raw and have to FF through his 20 minute speeches every week. I was honestly expecting HHH to come out and cost him the title to set up a match next month. I still think they are going that way but maybe dragging it out to Survivor series?
and to me what you just said (and accurately assessed, imo) is why the Rollins booking makes no sense. having a mid-card "title unification" bout that results in the guy getting the biggest push in the company winning both belts is certainly a questionable decision, but you can argue on the basis of wanting to keep it the fuck away from Brock-Undertaker 2. you need a bit of a cushion between a big title match and the nominal main event so you stick it a bit earlier on the card so as not to damage the main event and vice versa. I can deal with that logic. but to have the unification bout decided by some little guy hitting John Cena with a chair just falls in line with all the other booking for Rollins in the last bunch of months: that of a placeholder champion. he'd been made to look incredibly weak since winning the title (and let's be honest, how he won the title made no sense, either), ducking every challenge and groveling for help at every turn, and that nonsense where he'd only accept a challenge from a guy under 6' tall (which I find amusing since Seth himself would be under 6' tall without his magic boots). then completely out of the blue, after he breaks Cena's nose, the decision is to turn him into a hard ass who'll challenge Cena, the guy he'd been running from and had to be mandated to fight in the first place, and they have him put in a superhuman effort in the match last night where he was booked like a face. uh what?

a lot of this mess is attributable to Rollins who just isn't that great on the mic and doesn't really understand ring psychology but is otherwise a great athlete and excellent performer. his character looks like it's a heel struggling to be a heel when it would rather be a face, and let's be honest, the guy is not the physically most impressive specimen on the roster so the likelihood of him ever being the top face on the roster is probably zero, but all of that just adds up to a confused character who looks like a complete coward for months, is reborn as a tough guy in the lead-in to his biggest match, and remains such right up until a 5'7" comedian gets him a win. then it's back to pussy boy Rollins. I think WWE wants desperately for Rollins to be CM Punk 2.0, and that he has been trying to sound like CM Punk whenever he grabs a mic for the last few years doesn't hurt, so he's been given a premature but ultimately meaningless title run to cement that. Rollins is a good performer who doesn't really know how to be a heel, and his booking has been poor. As a result we're left with (a) a champion who unifies titles in the middle of a card after a chair shot from a celebrity (a move designed first and foremost to get the WWE media attention), (b) a guy the WWE wants desperately to be The Rock 2.0 who's not nearly over to the exent they hoped he'd be, and (c) a "Money in the Bank" winner who's pretty close to the least relevant visible guy on the roster.

like I've said here a million times, the WWE can't book for shit.

Rollins challenging Cena to a title-vs.-title match made sense. He's been a chickenshit heel and he didn't want to defend his s title against Cena until he thought Cena would be physically unable to defend the US Title. The challenge was done under the assumption that Cena wouldn't be cleared to wrestle and would forfeit the title, so it was consistent booking for Rollins.

and to me what you just said (and accurately assessed, imo) is why the Rollins booking makes no sense. having a mid-card "title unification" bout that results in the guy getting the biggest push in the company winning both belts is certainly a questionable decision, but you can argue on the basis of wanting to keep it the fuck away from Brock-Undertaker 2. you need a bit of a cushion between a big title match and the nominal main event so you stick it a bit earlier on the card so as not to damage the main event and vice versa. I can deal with that logic. but to have the unification bout decided by some little guy hitting John Cena with a chair just falls in line with all the other booking for Rollins in the last bunch of months: that of a placeholder champion. he'd been made to look incredibly weak since winning the title (and let's be honest, how he won the title made no sense, either), ducking every challenge and groveling for help at every turn, and that nonsense where he'd only accept a challenge from a guy under 6' tall (which I find amusing since Seth himself would be under 6' tall without his magic boots). then completely out of the blue, after he breaks Cena's nose, the decision is to turn him into a hard ass who'll challenge Cena, the guy he'd been running from and had to be mandated to fight in the first place, and they have him put in a superhuman effort in the match last night where he was booked like a face. uh what?

a lot of this mess is attributable to Rollins who just isn't that great on the mic and doesn't really understand ring psychology but is otherwise a great athlete and excellent performer. his character looks like it's a heel struggling to be a heel when it would rather be a face, and let's be honest, the guy is not the physically most impressive specimen on the roster so the likelihood of him ever being the top face on the roster is probably zero, but all of that just adds up to a confused character who looks like a complete coward for months, is reborn as a tough guy in the lead-in to his biggest match, and remains such right up until a 5'7" comedian gets him a win. then it's back to pussy boy Rollins. I think WWE wants desperately for Rollins to be CM Punk 2.0, and that he has been trying to sound like CM Punk whenever he grabs a mic for the last few years doesn't hurt, so he's been given a premature but ultimately meaningless title run to cement that. Rollins is a good performer who doesn't really know how to be a heel, and his booking has been poor. As a result we're left with (a) a champion who unifies titles in the middle of a card after a chair shot from a celebrity (a move designed first and foremost to get the WWE media attention), (b) a guy the WWE wants desperately to be The Rock 2.0 who's not nearly over to the exent they hoped he'd be, and (c) a "Money in the Bank" winner who's pretty close to the least relevant visible guy on the roster.

like I've said here a million times, the WWE can't book for shit.
To be fair, Stewart hitting Cena with the chair wasn't what did him in. Stewart hit him with the chair to stun him and then Seth hit him with a Pedigree on the chair. Even without Stewart's interference, Seth may have won the match. I had no problem with the match placement because there's no way anyone could have followed Taker/Brock. Not because it was a 5 star classic, but just because of what the match was about. I think Seth is too good of a wrestler to be booked as the chickenshit heel. Just look at the Triple Threat from the Royal Rumble and how people said that it was a potential match of the year. Seth didn't really become chickenshit until he had the title. Yes, he used the Authority to his advantage, but he was cocky. I'm not the biggest fan of what they've done with his character, but I feel they are making him so whiny so that they do get people like us hating him because he's too talented in the ring.

pnigga

hold my hand, dane
Rollins challenging Cena to a title-vs.-title match made sense. He's been a chickenshit heel and he didn't want to defend his s title against Cena until he thought Cena would be physically unable to defend the US Title. The challenge was done under the assumption that Cena wouldn't be cleared to wrestle and would forfeit the title, so it was consistent booking for Rollins.
except he didn't show any sign of backing down once it was confirmed Cena would be facing him at SS. and then there's the matter of how he performed in the match (which was basically as a face). and then there's tonight's little development where he was violently demanding a match with Sting at the next PPV while Triple H repeatedly smacked his chest. all of a sudden he's a hard ass. the booking is not consistent at all.