Movie X-Men: Dark Phoenix June 7, 2019

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
@Pigdango

I know you doubted the release of Dark Phoenix, but they are doing reshoots now. Here's a set photo that reveals a pretty interesting spoiler.

That's right. Magneto and Professor X -- play -- chess!

Expectations ... subverted.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
@Pigdango

I know you doubted the release of Dark Phoenix, but they are doing reshoots now. Here's a set photo that reveals a pretty interesting spoiler.

Well now I’m all in.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
@Pigdango

I thought the spoiler was the man with the amazing jaw line in the middle. That's a handsome fella.

LiddyRules

Well now I’m all in.
I actually like that picture because it means one of two things:

1) They already filmed a chess scene and then were like "we need another, better chess scene!"
2) They didn't film a chess scene and during re-shoots were like "Fuck! We forgot the chess scene!"

Pigdango

Donator
I actually like that picture because it means one of two things:

1) They already filmed a chess scene and then were like "we need another, better chess scene!"
2) They didn't film a chess scene and during re-shoots were like "Fuck! We forgot the chess scene!"
Either way, what I like is that they wasted the time of two of the busiest actors working today for that.

LiddyRules

Either way, what I like is that they wasted the time of two of the busiest actors working today for that.
I wouldn't really say two of the busiest actors working today...

But it's an important scene, it's the heart of the movie

"You know Charles, one of these days humans and aliens might come to your door and be like 'Enough's enough mutants.' "
"Then I'll be, 'Nuts to that you turkies." '
"But we're frenemies again so we have that going for us."
"Quite so, old friend. ... Mikey, do you think they'll Thanos snap us out right now? At least one of us. I mean they can; it's not a hard effect to pull off. Maybe if we just sit here real still like they can have enough footage to overlay the ashes thing."

LiddyRules

Want to play trailer bingo where we come up with five lines a piece and see how many of them are in the trailer?

"She's too powerful."
"The world is changing."
"We've never seen anything like this."
"Humans...and mutants will be danger."
"She has the Phoenix in her."

Want to play trailer bingo where we come up with five lines a piece and see how many of them are in the trailer?

"She's too powerful."
"The world is changing."
"We've never seen anything like this."
"Humans...and mutants will be danger."
"She has the Phoenix in her."
It probably just look like a commercial for the Gifted. But with better special effects.

LiddyRules

It probably just look like a commercial for the Gifted. But with better special effects.
I haven't watched The Gifted, but I'm more interested in that than in any of the MCU Netflix shows. But I can't get it so nuts to that.

Pigdango

Donator
I mean seriously - they took the same exact approach to Jean becoming Phoenix as they did in X-Men 3 and they think that’s a good thing? Why bother? They can’t possibly be worried about continuity.

mascan42

At some point, there has to be a limit to how many times you can use The Doors "The End" in movie trailers. Especially this shitty slowed-down version.

LiddyRules

I mean seriously - they took the same exact approach to Jean becoming Phoenix as they did in X-Men 3 and they think that’s a good thing? Why bother? They can’t possibly be worried about continuity.
I like how it looks and feels entirely devoid of any personality or style. I think it's great when your 80% Trailer Bingo quotes are played completely straight.

What was the Phoenix story again? I don't remember the "what did you do Charles?" "What needed to be done." angle outside of X3.

Pigdango

Donator
I like how it looks and feels entirely devoid of any personality or style. I think it's great when your 80% Trailer Bingo quotes are played completely straight.
I guess you missed the upside down shot of Professor X.

Discoman

Donator
At some point, there has to be a limit to how many times you can use The Doors "The End" in movie trailers. Especially this shitty slowed-down version.
The original is already slow enough anyway.

I'm surprised they wanted to re-hash this story again, seems even more pointless that its the final one.

Pigdango

Donator
And Beast is human again because why keep your most interesting looking character?
Dark Phoenix has been pushed back to June of 2019 to make room for Alita Googly Eyes, which Fox finally figured out shouldn’t come out on the same day as Aquaman and Bumblebee.

Instead, Fox is counterprogramming against those films with...An untitled Deadpool movie?!?!? Rumor has it this is a PG cut of the first or second film. Or both? Who knows. No matter what, I’m in, because fuck Aquaman and Bumblebee.

blee

Will Drink Today
The real question is could she beat Thanos when he has all the infinity stones?