Movie X-Men: Dark Phoenix June 7, 2019

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Dark Phoenix has been pushed back to June of 2019 to make room for Alita Googly Eyes, which Fox finally figured out shouldn’t come out on the same day as Aquaman and Bumblebee.

Instead, Fox is counterprogramming against those films with...An untitled Deadpool movie?!?!? Rumor has it this is a PG cut of the first or second film. Or both? Who knows. No matter what, I’m in, because fuck Aquaman and Bumblebee.
Everytime I see the trailer, Altia looks like an Instagram tart with Goofy Eye filter. Especially when she's trying to be bad ass and tough. I would love if after all this she just has normal person eyes.

LiddyRules

Dark Phoenix has been pushed back to June of 2019 to make room for Alita Googly Eyes, which Fox finally figured out shouldn’t come out on the same day as Aquaman and Bumblebee.

Instead, Fox is counterprogramming against those films with...An untitled Deadpool movie?!?!? Rumor has it this is a PG cut of the first or second film. Or both? Who knows. No matter what, I’m in, because fuck Aquaman and Bumblebee.
I read it's a PG-13 Deadpool 2, which makes no sense. A PG DP2 could be fun but PG-13 is nothing.

UNLESS this is a test to see how a PG-13 Deadpool could play as part of Disney.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I read it's a PG-13 Deadpool 2, which makes no sense. A PG DP2 could be fun but PG-13 is nothing.

Jesus I didn’t even think of that, and I’m the corporate guy...

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
No. No. No. No. No. No. Fucking NO. NO PG13 DEADPOOL EVER EVER EVER EVER. hes not for kids forget it. You will ruin Deadpool at pg13. There isnt a pg13 version in the comics fuck that. Ill firebomb marvel films and disney if they do it

LiddyRules

So while Stan is appearing in Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 (it's kind of fitting that Avengers 4 will be his last; I'm kind of expecting him to be the tail end of the movie, and it'll make the forced Princess Leia in Episode 9 look even more like crap) - what about Dark Phoenix? Good question.

https://ew.com/movies/2018/11/12/stan-lee-no-cameo-x-men-dark-phoenix/

Sadly, a source tells EW that Lee is not in the next X-Men film, Dark Phoenix, out June 7, 2019. It’s not wholly surprising given that this installment is taking a more grounded, gritty approach. 20th Century Fox did not respond to EW’s request for comment.
How have they learned nothing? They learned nothing from the popularity of Marvel Cosmic, learned nothing of the popularity of the out there Deadpool, and learned nothing from the last time they tried grounded and gritty with Fantastic Four. It's bizarre.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
So while Stan is appearing in Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 (it's kind of fitting that Avengers 4 will be his last; I'm kind of expecting him to be the tail end of the movie, and it'll make the forced Princess Leia in Episode 9 look even more like crap) - what about Dark Phoenix? Good question.

How have they learned nothing? They learned nothing from the popularity of Marvel Cosmic, learned nothing of the popularity of the out there Deadpool, and learned nothing from the last time they tried grounded and gritty with Fantastic Four. It's bizarre.
I have said this before. Its like some studios think there are only two ways to go when it comes to comic book and/or sci-fi movies. Either grounded and gritty or campy and over the top. There is a whole lot of middle ground between the two.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98

They have time to CGI in some Lee somewhere in the background; don't they?

LiddyRules

They have time to CGI in some Lee somewhere in the background; don't they?
Why would they? It wouldn't feel real. And when you're dealing with shape shifting aliens turning a teenage mutant into a super powerful fire monster, treating it so flippantly would cheapen the emotional realness. It's basically cinema verite.

Radioguy

Why would they? It wouldn't feel real. And when you're dealing with shape shifting aliens turning a teenage mutant into a super powerful fire monster, treating it so flippantly would cheapen the emotional realness. It's basically cinema verite.
Well, it need not be overt. I'm just assuming all Lee appearances going forward will be like what we just saw in Luke Cage's last season: Lee's face on background posters. I have to assume that would happen here, even if it doesn't seem as respectful.

LiddyRules

Nolan's Batman.

I'm not as good of a director as Christopher Nolan.

Don't worry though, I'll make sure there's absolutely no fun to be had.
Do you think they'll do another Quicksilver Solo Bit or did they realize that wasn't a well worth dipping into a second time during Apocalypse?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Do you think they'll do another Quicksilver Solo Bit or did they realize that wasn't a well worth dipping into a second time during Apocalypse?
They're pretty stupid, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Oh, yeah. This is still a thing.

LiddyRules

Jesus Christ they have her in the Last Stand outfit:

It's like if they used X-Men Origins: Wolverine to promote Logan.

And what's with the people in the lower right quadrant? Who they? Ain't Chastain.

Radioguy

And what's with the people in the lower right quadrant? Who they? Ain't Chastain.
The guy looks a bit like what someone would envision Gambit would look like, but who knows.

Trailer is too Last Standy for comfort. If they couldn't make the trailer less that way, the film must really be.

LiddyRules

The guy looks a bit like what someone would envision Gambit would look like, but who knows.

Trailer is too Last Standy for comfort. If they couldn't make the trailer less that way, the film must really be.
They even had to include a mutant power suppression subplot.

LiddyRules

If @Neon can take his victory lap for saying Ben Affleck quitting the Batman directing gig meant he was quitting Batman altogether, I’m taking credit for this post from two years ago:
But you're still looking forward to it.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It certainly looks "meh".

Doesn't look as horrifically bad as I thought it would. They probably showed all the best parts, though.

Sansa crying was the most honest emoting I've ever seen her do.

Is that a different actress playing Mistique? I hate that they have that character swaddled in clothes all the time now. She's supposed to ooze sensuality at all times, not look like a confused teenager. I guess sexy isn't woke.