Movie X-Men: Dark Phoenix June 7, 2019

So it's been a while since I read the comics....who is Jean's "mentor" that shows her the Phoenix Force? And who's the dude that telekinetically controls the machine guns?

DiggerNick

Donator
Sansa crying was the most honest emoting I've ever seen her do.
Bullshit. She's fucking incredible in that show, and has been since the first episode.

That said, it's a monumental shame she had to let a Jonas violate her exquisite vagina.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
It certainly looks "meh".

Doesn't look as horrifically bad as I thought it would. They probably showed all the best parts, though.

Sansa crying was the most honest emoting I've ever seen her do.

Is that a different actress playing Mistique? I hate that they have that character swaddled in clothes all the time now. She's supposed to ooze sensuality at all times, not look like a confused teenager. I guess sexy isn't woke.
I like how J-Law's natural prudishness is now a symptom of woke culture. Everything must be political! Then again, there was that controversy about posters showing Apocalypse choking Mystique. Everything is garbage.

It's what I expected. More generic blandness from a formula that hasn't been updated since 2003. Kind of like Apocalypse, despite @Pigdango considering one of the stronger comic movies.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
So it's been a while since I read the comics....who is Jean's "mentor" that shows her the Phoenix Force? And who's the dude that telekinetically controls the machine guns?
There have been over 4,000 X-Men comics published, and you won’t find the answer to that question in any of them. This has absolutely, positively nothing to do with the comics. Even if she is named for a character in the comics, that’s as far as the connection goes.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Jessica Chastain as the Shi'ite Queen. Who controls solar flares? Or is that a coincidence?

And Magneto.

This isn't even the best trailer this month featuring someone tearing the back off an armored truck.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
DID YOU HEAR SHE WANTED TO TALK TO A BLACK REPORTER? AS IF ONE OF THOSE EVEN EXISTS!
Did you see Rotten Tomatoes is changing its algorithm so a bunch of whiny man babies can't skew results before a movie comes out? That's censorship plain and simple!

Pigdango

Donator
Did you see Rotten Tomatoes is changing its algorithm so a bunch of whiny man babies can't skew results before a movie comes out? That's censorship plain and simple!
Disney made them do it!

Speaking of Disney, I was reading yesterday about how Fox got slapped with a $175 million judgment in an arbitration case against the cast of Bones. A case that could open them up to further lawsuits from other shows they treated unfairly. Combine that with the $250 million they have sunk into this turd, and the $150 million pissed away on New Mutants, and...Did Fox sell Disney a dirty bomb?

Thank god Sophie Turner doesn’t tweet...

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Disney made them do it!

Speaking of Disney, I was reading yesterday about how Fox got slapped with a $175 million judgment in an arbitration case against the cast of Bones. A case that could open them up to further lawsuits from other shows they treated unfairly. Combine that with the $250 million they have sunk into this turd, and the $150 million pissed away on New Mutants, and...Did Fox sell Disney a dirty bomb?

Thank god Sophie Turner doesn’t tweet...
I read the Bones thing too! It was actually really interesting.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I read the Bones thing too! It was actually really interesting.
They hired the biggest attorneys to handle the appeal because this is one of those all-or-nothing industry-changing cases the studios cannot afford to lose. They surely will dig into Deschanel and Boreanaz's closets and dump it it to DailyMail etc to try and ruin them to get them to settle. Might even drag Zooey down as a tactic.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
They played this trailer before Captain Marvel.... No reaction from the nearly packed audience. It looks just like Last Stand to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pigdango

Donator
They played this trailer before Captain Marvel.... No reaction from the nearly packed audience. It looks just like Last Stand to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Honestly it looks worse. At the very least The Last Stand had characters people were somewhat invested in.