Movie X-Men: Dark Phoenix June 7, 2019

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Honestly it looks worse. At the very least The Last Stand had characters people were somewhat invested in.
I don't know. I think people really connected with the Apocalypse E-plot.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...r-story-maisie-williams-sophie-turner-812203/

Turner has another big project, the X-Men movie Dark Phoenix, out in June. She’s optimistic about the film, calling it “Dark Phoenix done right” – a small jab at the notoriously awful X-Men: Last Stand, which butchered the same storyline. “Every other scene in Dark Phoenix is, like, the most intense scene I’ve ever done,” she says.

Maisie Williams also updated the status of the New Mutants disaster:

"She doesn’t mince words on the situation. “Who knows when the [frick] that’s gonna come out,” she says. There were supposed to be reshoots to “make it scarier,” she explains, but they haven’t actually taken place. She says she saw one of her co-stars, Charlie Heaton, the other day and asked him, “What the [frick] is going on with this movie?” He didn’t know either. She smiles. “Hopefully this interview will make everyone hurry up a little bit!” If it does ever come out, both she and Turner — who plays Jean Grey over in the main X-Men movies — are dying to get their characters together. “It would be ridiculously stupid if they didn’t do that,” Williams says."

LiddyRules

@Pigdango @BIV I know you two have been at each others' throats about Captain Marvel. However, there is another 90s-set comic book movie coming out this summer that might be more your speed. Now while the people behind the scenes are probably scrambling since half of their soundtrack was likely used in Captain Marvel, they are also starting to promote this. This article about the WonderCon footage sounds quite good.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wondercon-new-dark-phoenix-footage-sends-x-men-to-/1100-6465921/

I particularly like this bit spoilers

Mystique also points out--after Jean essentially saved them all in space--that the women on the team are the ones doing the heavy-lifting. "The women are always saving the men around here," she said. "You might want to think about changing the name to X-Women."

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
@Pigdango @BIV I know you two have been at each others' throats about Captain Marvel. However, there is another 90s-set comic book movie coming out this summer that might be more your speed. Now while the people behind the scenes are probably scrambling since half of their soundtrack was likely used in Captain Marvel, they are also starting to promote this. This article about the WonderCon footage sounds quite good.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wondercon-new-dark-phoenix-footage-sends-x-men-to-/1100-6465921/

Mystique also points out--after Jean essentially saved them all in space--that the women on the team are the ones doing the heavy-lifting. "The women are always saving the men around here," she said. "You might want to think about changing the name to X-Women."
Give women the vote and this is what happens.

Pigdango

Donator

I never understood why people were so upset about Brie Larson and Captain Marvel, but I wholeheartedly endorse a boycott of this movie.

LiddyRules

I never understood why people were so upset about Brie Larson and Captain Marvel, but I wholeheartedly endorse a boycott of this movie.
I know it's stupid, but I really want a reason why they've become astronauts. I would have accepted it in the 1960s because it's part of the culture, but in 1993? Why? What inspired this interest in space travel? Apollo 13? That's not out yet!

Pigdango

Donator
I know it's stupid, but I really want a reason why they've become astronauts. I would have accepted it in the 1960s because it's part of the culture, but in 1993? Why? What inspired this interest in space travel? Apollo 13? That's not out yet!
As I said when this movie was first announced, if there were a list of every problem I have with this movie, Hank upgrading the Blackbird over 35 years to leave the atmosphere isn’t anywhere on that list.

The fact that he has only aged 8 years in that same 35 years is slightly higher on the list.

LiddyRules

As I said when this movie was first announced, if there were a list of every problem I have with this movie, Hank upgrading the Blackbird over 35 years to leave the atmosphere isn’t anywhere on that list.

The fact that he has only aged 8 years in that same 35 years is slightly higher on the list.
Blue don't crack.

Pigdango

Donator
Did somebody say something about a bad idea?

LiddyRules

I think it's smart making a movie centered around the second least interesting character of the previous movie, which had about 20 main characters.

The first least interesting thing? Ready Player 0

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I speculate that it is Shi'ar come HERE!

LiddyRules

Since they knew this was the end, why not go with a completely crazy ending? Have mutants take over the world. Why not?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The mutants should just go Prima Nocta on the normies.

LiddyRules

Because that would be creative.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/dark-phoenix-third-act-got-retooled/

The big change was a new third act needed to be shot – shifting the film’s climax from a setting in outer space to one which finds all the X-Men kidnapped and on board a military train. Thus extensive reshoots took place last year and the end result we’ll see in cinemas come June. Talking about the filming revisions, Kinberg says it’s all about striking the right balance:

“I think the biggest challenge is modulating the film so that we have the big scale and visual-effects action that these movies require, but balancing that in a way that feels calibrated with the drama. You have these big space sequences and trains flying through the air and people firing lightning bolts, but you also have a lot of emotional, four-page dramatic dialogue scenes.”
Because why have a crazy awesome space battle when you can do the Deadpool 2 ending?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
They are so going to strike the right balance between the lightning bolt shooting space train battle and the emotional, dramatic character scenes. I have full faith.

LiddyRules

After the trailer for this, my wife leaned over and said "Are we seeing this?" I told her no and she said "good."
It got the least response of any of the trailers from last night.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
After the trailer for this, my wife leaned over and said "Are we seeing this?" I told her no and she said "good."
They played two different versions of the trailer before Endgame. It just looked godawful.