X-Men Origins: Wolverine

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
the official title of the wolverine solo flick due out may 2009. hugh jackman reprising the title role with liev shrieber cast as stryker (a younger version of the role brian cox played in X2)

all the usual sites dealing with this genre have info (superherohype, etc)

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
the official title of the wolverine solo flick due out may 2009. hugh jackman reprising the title role with liev shrieber cast as stryker (a younger version of the role brian cox played in X2)

all the usual sites dealing with this genre have info (superherohype, etc)
sounds cool, most likely it'll be all weapon X/department H stuff.

I wonder if they will go into any of the James Howlett stuff... I doubt it

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I read an old draft a year ago. Barely remember it. I never was that much of a fan of the Wolverine comic. From what I remember was he was dating a Native American woman, there's a character going around killing mutants. I think he killed Wolverines girlfriend, so Wolverine travels around the country to hunt him down. And he wound up getting mixed up with Striker, I don't think he has the metal attached to his bones until the end. Maybe someone will know what I'm talking about, if there's issues about this Native American girlfriend. I also think Wolverine was working as a lumberjack in the beginning.

I'll search around I usually wouldn't throw out a script like this.

I know during the casting now, they are listing the characters as "Mr. Pink" "Mr. Black" to not reveal the names. I doubt the script has really changed that much since I read it, at least the same basic story I would guess.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
Like Heroes Origins? Why not just call it Wolverine?

Hope this is better than X3.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
the native american woman is silver fox which was one of logans love interests in the comics.

The villian is most likely sabertooth (victor creed), the only reason why i say that is cause A. he's always been logans main enemy B. they grew up together and always had drama C. same kind of mutant ability

hopefully this will be good... they better not fuck up this

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
the native american woman is silver fox which was one of logans love interests in the comics.

The villian is most likely sabertooth (victor creed), the only reason why i say that is cause A. he's always been logans main enemy B. they grew up together and always had drama C. same kind of mutant ability

hopefully this will be good... they better not fuck up this
You're right it was Victor Creed. I don't think he was ever referred to as Sabertooth.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
I agree.

There had better be a Gambit cameo since they omitted him from the past 3 movies.

if this is an wolvie film especially early wolverine then there is no way you will see ANY x-men...

You may get some vindicator or other alpha flight members but i highly doubt it

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
Feb 16, 2005
if this is an wolvie film especially early wolverine then there is no way you will see ANY x-men...

You may get some vindicator or other alpha flight members but i highly doubt it
I know, I was just bellyaching about how Gambit got snubbed :(

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Am I really the only person who had very little problems with Spiderman 3?

I thought, for what it was, it was a good movie. My main problem was that Peter just let Sandman go.

I guess I'm just not a nit picker
I've worked hard to try and block most of the memory of Spiderman 3 out of my mind, but the one scene that put it in the toilet for me was, the fucking musical dance number.

I think it's because Spiderman 1 & 2 were really so solid, 3 felt like such of a let down. It could of been a great movie, but it wasn't, it's the problem when a director has two monster hits like Sam Raimi everyone is scared to challenge their ideas.

Of course it wasn't as bad as The Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, or The Hulk. I think compared to Batman Begins, it just falls way short.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I didn't mind the dance sequence. I didn't even mind emo Parker. I just thought it was far too muddled and ignored a lot of what made SM and SM2 great. Everyone just seemed kind of bored with the whole thing. And I might be wrong but I think I heard that Marvel was the ones who forced Venom into the movie (even though Topher Grace was arguably the best part of the film).

And I thought Parker's worst move was kissing Gwen Stacey the same way he kissed the way hotter Mary Jane. That was such a dick move.

I think what separated even SM3 from movies like X3 and F4 and F42 was that despite how cry-ey it was, Raimi still had a larger than life vision for the movie, a universe it lived in. The other movies simply didn't, it seemed like a director who only envisions things for the TV screen.

And the SM3 final battle was so much better than the X3 final battle of jumping mutants. I had a lot of problems with that movie but how the fuck can you have a battle with hundreds of mutants and not have (the pussified) Rogue touch a bunch of mutants and have all sorts of crazy powers in the battle. Instead we have a cameo character, a teritiary character, a character we just met, a cunt and Wolverine.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
Has there ever been a good 3rd super hero movie?

Spiderman 3
X-Men 3
Superman 3 (and the new Superman movie counted as 3 too)
Batman Forever

Am I missing any?

Even if the trend continues, at least Dark Knight will be good.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It would have only improved the movie.

Has there ever been a good 3rd movie?
Fixed. People argue Return of the King but then others argue that it doesn't count since the movies were filmed concurrently...then they wonder why they're still virgins.