xbox 360 premium now includes hdmi

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
with the price cuts today, microsoft officially announced that the 360 premiums will now include hdmi and gradually introduced into the market.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/08/microsoft-officially-adds-hdmi-to-xbox-360-premium/

Sorry early adoptors (both of the Xbox 360 Premiums and Elites), Microsoft finally made official what we've long since known: it's no fluke, and Redmond will be ("gradually") adding HDMI out to the 360 Premium models moving forward. Here's Microsoft's official statement:

"Yes, we are offering an HDMI port for Xbox 360 simply as another choice in Xbox 360 owners' games and entertainment experience. Retailers are gradually introducing HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s into the channel to meet demand."

How do you know if your new $350 Xbox 360 will have HDMI out? Simple enough: according to Microsoft PR, the applicable systems will now sport an HDMI logo, so keep an eye out for that and you'll be all set.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Fuck.

Looks like I'll be trading in my 360 for a new one.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
That's fantastic. Now 360 users can get away from component cables and use an optimized HDMI cable for 720p HD visuals of glitching games from an overloaded processor like with their sports games.

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
That's fantastic. Now 360 users can get away from component cables and use an optimized HDMI cable for 720p HD visuals of glitching games from an overloaded processor like with their sports games.
are you gonna turn it into another one of those threads?

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
yea, especially when you consider that overworked processor somehow puts out sports games at a better frame rate, enough already

GonzoRadio

I like yoguuuuuurt
Nov 26, 2005
NYC
The cpu does not work any less harder for a different output format. Think about it; the cpu has to have done all of its work BEFORE it gets that far down the pipe. If you are talking about the digital to analog conversion that needs to take place; this is not done by the cpu. And even if it was, you are assuming that digital output goes through one less conversion than analog output. This is not the case, a digital to digital conversion takes place.

And on a personal note, I cannot tell the difference between HDMI and component output. The only advantage I see (personally) over component cables is that HDMI handles audio as well as video.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The xbox is getting HDMI standard....um...why?

It'll be HDMI 1.2 which can't pass lossless audio(and the xbox doesn't decode lossless) or support deep color. All it'll do is give some users one less dongle.

Now if only they'll add a HD drive to it they'll have completely screwed over their early adopters in all regards.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
yea, especially when you consider that overworked processor somehow puts out sports games at a better frame rate, enough already
Thats not what I hear from my friends who own 360s. They say that the games can't run smoothly without flickers and glitches on the fast-past sporting games.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
The cpu does not work any less harder for a different output format. Think about it; the cpu has to have done all of its work BEFORE it gets that far down the pipe. If you are talking about the digital to analog conversion that needs to take place; this is not done by the cpu. And even if it was, you are assuming that digital output goes through one less conversion than analog output. This is not the case, a digital to digital conversion takes place.

And on a personal note, I cannot tell the difference between HDMI and component output. The only advantage I see (personally) over component cables is that HDMI handles audio as well as video.
No, I'm basically saying that adding an HDMI output won't do fuck for making the 360 better.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
for fucks sakes. I play NHL, NCAA, MLB, and Nascar on my 360 with no glitches or anything like that. And I don't give a fuck about the HDMI, I don't watch movies on it, I use my DVD or PS3 for that. And PS3/XBOX360, same shit, different pile. PS3 doesn't go nuclear like the 360, and the PS3 has no exclusive games worth playing and shitty online support