xbox 360 Warranty Issues...HELP!

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Earlier this week I got the ring of death on my xbox. I have 4 red lights, which, according to the xbox website, means that the system is not detecting the video cables. I've tried everything, can't get it to work. So, I call xbox support to get it repaired.

I bought my xbox 1 year and 3 weeks ago, and the 1 year warrenty is done. They did extend SOME of the warranty to cover 3 years, but this does not cover my issue. If my xbox was flashing 3 red lights, indicating a hardware problem, they will repair for free. Since it has 4 lights...I'm shit out of luck.

So, I lie and tell the savage on the other end that I have 3 red lights..just to get the process moving. Now, I need to decide what to do. Fucking assholes...its OBVIOUSLY a fucking hardware issue, but if it arrives and the 4 lights are flashing, I am fucked.

I am considering trying to overheat the box on purpose..but I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? Any suggestions?

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
If your positive all 4 are blinking I'm not sure what you can do. If its fucked up I'm sure they will find out when they get it regardless of what you said on the phone.

A friend of mine said he has heard people wrap the xbox in blankets and leave it on, it supposedly resodders some shit on the board and it starts working again. Dunno.

Mine shit on me after 3 weeks about 3 weeks ago, I'm still waiting for it to get shipped back to me. This shit is unbelievable.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Maybe, things shifted during the transit back to M$, if youknowwhatImean *wink wink*

WonkaVision

Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Maybe, things shifted during the transit back to M$, if youknowwhatImean *wink wink*
Read ya loud and clear. I will definitly be doing everything I can to destroy the inner-workings of my box.

Sep 9, 2005
Queens
What about going out and buying new vid cables. Or using a can of air to plow out the port where the vid cables go.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Man...having to read all these hoops. This some straight up bullshit.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
Just tell them that you are having intermittent red lights. Tell them you have had 4 lights, but it was flashing 3 on you the other night. Just make sure that you tell them that you have already moved the power brick away from it and unplugged it an shit.

Microsoft sucks, but they have more of the games that I want right now. I am going to buy a PS3 when I pay off my credit card in a few months, but there are only a couple games that I want for it too. It will aminly be a blu ray for now.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Do a backwards towel trick. Instead of doing this to fix you Xbox, do it to fuck it up more.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
The blanket trick does work, my friend gets the RROD every few days and he puts it in a blanket and keeps it on for about 15 minutes and its worked every time so far.

Ive seen the 4 lights before and reseating the plug fixed the problem - your video cable may just be bad.

WonkaVision

Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Last night I took it to a friends house and plugged it into his video cables and stuff. The box then came up with 3 red lights.....so looks like I will be covered under their bullshit warrenty.

Started the process of getting it fixed yesterday...I will keep you guys posted on how long it takes. Shoudl be quick since I live in Houston and the repair center is in Tx.

Poison The Well

Somebody poisoned the water-hole!
Jan 7, 2008
Texas
Last night I took it to a friends house and plugged it into his video cables and stuff. The box then came up with 3 red lights.....so looks like I will be covered under their bullshit warrenty.

Started the process of getting it fixed yesterday...I will keep you guys posted on how long it takes. Shoudl be quick since I live in Houston and the repair center is in Tx.
I wouldn't count on that. My brother's 360 took a shit and it took them almost a month to get it back to him and I live in the Woodlands, about 45 minutes north on 45 from Houston. There's probably so many broken systems coming in that it's not even a matter of how close you live to the warehouse. It's a matter of how close you are to the front of the line in terms of getting it fixed.

chutzd

Jan 24, 2007
Columbus OH
I highly doubt they actually test the xbox when they get it, they probably just check the serial number to make sure it matches. When I sent mine in to get replaced they sent me a brand new xbox.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I highly doubt they actually test the xbox when they get it, they probably just check the serial number to make sure it matches. When I sent mine in to get replaced they sent me a brand new xbox.
They don't send out new ones, just refurbished ones.

WonkaVision

Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
They don't send out new ones, just refurbished ones.
I kept asking if I would receive a refurbished xbox, and the Xbox rep kept telling me it was a new box. She is probably wrong, but I asked her that several times.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Does anybody know if the tracking number would stay the same when they ship my xbox back to me? Because tomorrow will be 3 weeks from when I initially called them and they said it would be 3-4 weeks for the entire process. I was able to track the package to Texas, and it was received last Thursday morning, but there has been no activity since then with that tracking number, and on the xbox site it just says device received at repair center. I can't imagine it is sitting there for a full week, but my friend said the tracking # should be the same. Any idea?

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
I kept asking if I would receive a refurbished xbox, and the Xbox rep kept telling me it was a new box. She is probably wrong, but I asked her that several times.
Thats just the company line. I'm fairly positive we ALL have refurbs.

bryanswafford

Its the revolution Maaannnnnnn
Oct 28, 2005
Kentucky
Just buy a new xbox and put the old one in the box and take it back
I did this at Wal Mart, just tell them it was a Christmas gift and you dont have a receipt. I did not even have to buy a new xbox, just took my old one in. Micro$oft wanted 140.00 bucks to fix a year old system.

Brady T cell

O & A Fanboy
Jan 31, 2005
Just FYI, no matter what fucks up in your 360, tell them it's the 3 red rings. They don't check yours when they get it, they just send out a refurb the same day they process yours. I've had it twice.

WonkaVision

Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Well, an update on my shit. I called last night from the phone # I have registered with. I got an automated message that said it had been repaired and shipped! Holy Shit! Fixed after 2 days! Well, call them today for my tracking number, and apparently the automated message made a mistake...it has not been repaired yet.

Fucking assholes...getting my hopes up.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
This is why im scared to get an xbox. I really want the 120gig, but i don't want to drop the cash quite yet.

I would get a PS3, but there are not enough titles that I want to play on it. Plus if I get the 360, all of my buddies have one and we can get some crazy serious gaming going on in my house with the 2 big ass tvs. :D

WonkaVision

Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Wow! Well, good news. Got my xbox back today! So, only took 10 days from Shipping it to receiving it back. And, they gave me a BRAND NEW XBOX! The Manufacture date is 2-2-08..so its only 2 weeks old! So, I can't complain...amazingly fast response time from them.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Wow! Well, good news. Got my xbox back today! So, only took 10 days from Shipping it to receiving it back. And, they gave me a BRAND NEW XBOX! The Manufacture date is 2-2-08..so its only 2 weeks old! So, I can't complain...amazingly fast response time from them.
Fuck, I shipped mine over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting, but then again I'm clear across the country. Hopefully it will get here sometime today and I'll get a new one too. I'm goddam jonesing to play COD4.

WonkaVision

Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Fuck, I shipped mine over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting, but then again I'm clear across the country. Hopefully it will get here sometime today and I'll get a new one too. I'm goddam jonesing to play COD4.
That sucks you still have not got your back. The Service people suck to talk to, not to mention the automated system you have to go through to finally talk to someone.

The People obviously didn't know shit...they told me it was still in for repairs when it had indeed already shipped.