xbox 720 stats revealzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Xbox 720 Specs Reportedly Leaked

Posted 01/22/2013 at 4:09am | by Pulkit Chandna

Xbox 720 will reportedly pack an eight-core 1.6GHz processor
The first reports about the Xbox 720 (or whatever Microsoft’s next-gen console ends up being called) began appearing as early as 2006, even prompting Microsoft EMEA (European, Middle East, and Africa) vice president Chris Lewis to plead for “a chance to catch a breath” when asked about the Xbox 360’s predecessor during an interview in October that year. Now that Microsoft has had more than enough time to do so, people are growing restless. And when that happens, the rumor mill experiences heightened activity.
VGLeaks, which claimed to have the dope on both Microsoft and Sony’s next-generation consoles over the weekend, has published an article detailing what it claims to be Durango’s (codename for Xbox 360’s successor) innards — complete with a block diagram (below) and all.
According to the site, Durango packs an eight-core x64 powerplant with each core clocked at 1.6GHz. Further, the console is said to have 8GB of RAM, an 800MHz GPU with 12 shader cores, 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive, hard drive, Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct.
While this is nothing more than a rumor, it is not the most farfetched Xbox-related stuff we have come across recently. That honor belongs to Forbes columnist Adam Hartung’s suggestion that Microsoft’s entertainment division could end up getting “spun off, sold to someone like Sony or possibly Barnes & Noble, or dramatically reduced in size.”
Anyway, VGLeaks is now promising to leak the tech specs of Sony’s eighth-generation console (code-named Orbis) which according to a separate report will hit the market after the Xbox 720.

LINK: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/xbox_720_specs_reportedly_leaked_and_other_rumors800

ericd

I'm a real fucko
Aug 21, 2009
N.C.
It would be great if Microsoft came out with a bare-bones 360 replacement that was able to use the 360's existing hard drive and controller, at a discounted price (fat chance of that).

I don't see any controller besting the current MS wireless one and the hard drive would be pretty easy to pop off and install on the new unit. If they could put this out at around $250, they'd really get the jump on the PS 4

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
It would be great if Microsoft came out with a bare-bones 360 replacement that was able to use the 360's existing hard drive and controller, at a discounted price (fat chance of that).

I don't see any controller besting the current MS wireless one and the hard drive would be pretty easy to pop off and install on the new unit. If they could put this out at around $250, they'd really get the jump on the PS 4
or better yet, a build your own kit, complete with glue!

rockpup

Sick Puppy
Jun 2, 2005
Souf Florida
Just beefed my PC up. Friggen processor cost more then my Xbox. Might be tempted to do a 3 screen setup for games later on. Depends on the next gen graphics cards.

As for the next Xbox, they could use a bit more power to do background detail, but that should really be easy now since they only have to do 1080 graphics

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
8 x 1.6GHz = 12.8
only 8 gigs of RAM for a next gen console.
800MHz GPU with 12 shader cores?

me thinks sony can do much better

Dec 12, 2007
me thinks sony can do much better
Probably, but the head start and manufacturers optimizing for xbox ahead of time makes a difference. Bethesda is still trying to get skyrim to work on PS3 a year + after it's release.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
GameStop warns that Microsoft could ‘significantly diminish’ appeal for new Xbox if it bans used games

By Dan Graziano | BGR News – 4 hrs ago
  • Email
  • Tweet
  • Print

Xbox
Information surrounding Microsoft’s (MSFT) next-generation Xbox leaked earlier this week and suggested that the system will require an always-on Internet connection. The report also reinforced earlier rumors that claimed Microsoft’s new console would be unable to play used games. Speaking toBloomberg on Friday, GameStop (GME) spokesman Matt Hodges cited a company survey that found consumers would be less likely to buy a console that limits trading in pre-owned games.
“We know the desire to purchase a next-generation console would be significantly diminished if new consoles were to prohibit playing pre-owned games, limit portability or not play new physical games,” Hodges said.
Microsoft is expected to unveil its next-generation Xbox at the E3 gaming conference this summer. The console is said to be equipped with a 1.6GHz eight-core AMD CPU, D3D11.x 800MHz graphics, and 8GB of RAM, along with a new Kinect sensor.
http://news.yahoo.com/gamestop-warn...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

That pisses me off to no end.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Ive said it before, no used games/no backward compatibility/always online bullshit and Ill be keeping my cash. Fuck all that noise, its just not worth it IMO.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Ive said it before, no used games/no backward compatibility/always online bullshit and Ill be keeping my cash. Fuck all that noise, its just not worth it IMO.
Hello exactly.

Does that mean services like gamefly will be done? Im not nearly the gamer I used to be and even when I was there were few and far between games I would pay $60 for (GTA). Especially when titles go on sales in a few months for +50% off on the PC side.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
This is fucking ridiculous. So if people want to get together and play games all day, everyone has to bring their individual systems (or everyone is expected to buy the same games)?

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Hey Microsoft, you just made my choice easier. Also

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
It's all about control and squeezing out piracy. You'd think with that kind of control, game prices would go down...

I wouldn't be surprised if GameFly/GameStop will sue for monopolizing the marketplace. If they don't, they go the way of Blockbuster.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
You'd think with that kind of control, game prices would go down...
That part never seems to happen though. Just look at the way the industries over quote what piracy costs. Many people who pirate would never pay retail prices anyway and also pirate games the probably will never play. Besides havent they made it a real pain in the ass to pirate now, even harder to play pirated online.

Dec 12, 2007
Sony is going to be pulling the same shit. Its a shite state of affairs.
Not to mention reports are saying the starting price for PS4 is 400$ and up from there depending on the model. 33% less then their last systems start price but still 400$ is kinda steep for me. I can get two video card upgrades with that money which is about 5 years or more worth of gaming.

My last 200$ card lasted 3 years I believe and technically I could still use it but fuck that shit, I'm a fancy man!

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
New console price point should be $300. That should be your sweet spot. I sense Xbox's entry level console will be that.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
You can always get an Oooyahhh box and play the same crappy games for Android phones, only on a 55 inch TV screen.