Xbox Live has been shitty lately

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
I guess Microsoft wasn't ready for all the people getting online for Christmas. The last 2 weeks have been horrible trying to get connected to COD 4. Over the last 48 hours I've been dumped back into the lobby about 20 times right before a game is set to start.

As I sit here on hold waiting to talk to some savage at their "support" center about getting a refund, I've been disconnected.

Maybe the PS3 wasn't the overhyped piece of shit I thought it was.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I guess Microsoft wasn't ready for all the people getting online for Christmas. The last 2 weeks have been horrible trying to get connected to COD 4. Over the last 48 hours I've been dumped back into the lobby about 20 times right before a game is set to start.

As I sit here on hold waiting to talk to some savage at their "support" center about getting a refund, I've been disconnected.

Maybe the PS3 wasn't the overhyped piece of shit I thought it was.
they have been having online issues but it seemed to be fixed today for me...When its up and running XBL is the superior online..

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I'm not reading anything in this thread, I read all of the title, and based on that:

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Yeah, it was bad the last couple weeks. It's working out better now, though.

The PSNetwork just isn't as advanced as 360 is.....yet. But, the PS3 needs more multiplayer games to really bring this about. Unreal Tournament 3 and the PS3 version of COD4 is a start.

Slayback

The Host has removed you from the game.
Nov 13, 2006
Fucking Texas
Yeah, it was bad the last couple weeks. It's working out better now, though.

The PSNetwork just isn't as advanced as 360 is.....yet. But, the PS3 needs more multiplayer games to really bring this about. Unreal Tournament 3 and the PS3 version of COD4 is a start.
Actually, it needs Home to catch on and they need to start adding features that XBL already has like, in game friends list and true skill ranking.

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
From The Xbox.com support page

An Open Letter from Marc Whitten about Xbox LIVE this Holiday
Published January 3, 2008

Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten
General Manager, Xbox LIVE
Gamertag: Notwen
At least we're gettting something for the hassle. I just hope its not one of the games I've already bought.