Xbox live issues

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I was just trying to redeem my 3-month XBL prepaid card so I can start playing Gears and Ace Combat online. Id put in the card number, confirm on the screen that it was a 3 month card, but when I hit redeem it would tell me to try again later. I tried restarting my X-box twice and logging out and back into XBL, still no luck. Now I have restarted my 360 a third time and it took almost 5 minutes before the dashboard came up where I could do anything. Is XBL having issues tonight, or is my 360 fucking up?

Edit: I got back to the prepaid code redemtion screen in account management, then got an error that said I had to be signed into Live to do that. Now Im logged out again. Im hoping something isnt fucked up on my xbox.

Second edit: I managed to get the code put in this time, and I got the same error as before:
"Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later. Status code: 8016aba5"

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Time to talk to "Max".

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
"Max" is the very well known automated voice on the help line for the 360. Most people know him due to the red ring.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
Holy shit, I called "Max", couldnt find an answer there so it put me through to a person. I got someone that spoke english! I was shocked as hell! Im on the phone with them right now trying to find out what the hell is going on.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Rebecca from support, turns out the problem was I didnt have my address in my account info. Updating that fixed it, and now I have XBL again! Woohoo!

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
If you are buying pre paid XBL cards, go to Target. They have 12+1 month cards for the same price as a 12 month card.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
If you are buying pre paid XBL cards, go to Target. They have 12+1 month cards for the same price as a 12 month card.
So do Circuit City, Gamestop, and other places. I didnt have enough spare cash for a 12 month card, so I got a 3 month card to hold me over until I can get a 13 month card.