"Xbox Live Membership Limitation Does Not Allow You To Use This Feature"

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So I had Xbox Live Gold, and the sub ran out this week...
It said do you want to renew it, I hit "Yes" but that's all it asked me for. I guess the Credit Card is on file, I'm not sure how that works.

Anyway, I'm not able to connect to EA and get to a certain point, but when I try to play anything online it's giving me this error message.
"Xbox Live Membership Limitation Does Not Allow You To Use This Feature"

Anyone come across this? I assume that whatever the renew was worked, because it shows I'm connected and on the network.
I checked parental settings and stuff, and they're all right.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
are you sure you bought the gold membership? you may have messed up somehow and the purchase didn't go through

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Yes, I think your account defaulted to a Silver Membership. A good indication would be to try and access the Youtube Application, requires a Gold Membership. Check the email account that you are registered with for any messages from XBL. If you have received a new Credit Card within the last year then the one on file will bounce. Just go to your account settings and Re-Enter your Credit Card info. You should be able to upgrade to Gold From there too.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Perhaps there was no payment made...
I think I originally bought a card from a store, and then entered that info.

But I'm not sure why it just let me "Renew".
I'm gonna call the help line

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
You can get a 12 month card for $40 at a few different retails. Amazon and buy.com wold be two of those places.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
When you call them act like this whole thing has put you off of paying for their service and maybe they'll toss you a free month.

I wouldn't normally suggest being deceptive, but since we pay for basic multiplayer gaming services..