XBOX Live Update

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Clip from an Email:

Discover Something New
Find new favorites with personalized movie, TV, and game recommendations according to your viewing and gaming history, and the things you like.

More Powerful Search
With this update, you can now easily search videos by genre—such as Action, Comedy, and Family—and filter results to find favorites.

Surf Internet Explorer
Members of Xbox LIVE Gold can explore the web on their TVs with Internet Explorer for Xbox. Plus, with Kinect for Xbox 360, they can use their voice to explore their favorite sites with ease on the biggest screen in the house.

Your Home for Sports
Check out the new and expanded sports apps—NBA and more from ESPN—being added to the ever-growing list of entertainment experiences for Xbox LIVE Gold members.

Even More Entertainment
See a few of the new apps coming, such as WSJ Live, GameSpot, and Fox Broadcast, that continue the expansion of the Entertainment options on Xbox LIVE as part of a Gold membership.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
Not sure if I'd trust IE on an XBox to be secure enough to do any kind of net browsing.

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
I hate that any worthwhile feature requires gold. What's the reasoning (besides money) for charging for non gaming online use?

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
I hate that any worthwhile feature requires gold. What's the reasoning (besides money) for charging for non gaming online use?
I'm still disgusted with the fact that I'm still seeing advertisements as a Gold subscriber.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Its the only reason I wish I had gone ps3 instead of xbox. I hate that you have to pay MS to use the netflix service.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Its the only reason I wish I had gone ps3 instead of xbox. I hate that you have to pay MS to use the netflix service.
Put it on your xmas list and maybe Santa will bring you a shiny new PS3!