Xbox One sounds like it will suck a dick

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I'm just saying. I haven't heard 1 rumor about Xbox 720 that I like. Lets just run it down:

1. Will have a Blu-Ray disk reader...Won't play Blu-Ray movies.
Why would you do that? Why?

2. Won't play games from disk, requires full installation.
What? This is because Microsoft and developers have a bug up their ass
over the rental stores, used game stores and game trading.
So if you have a game, you can register it to your Xbox 720 and that is it.
It is even more restrictive than computer games.

3. 500 GB Hard Drives
Sounds great, until you realize how much disk space these new games are going to take up.
Probably around 50 GB. 10 games and you're tapped out? Would you have to uninstall the
game to play a new one? WHAT THE FUCK! WHY HAVE MANDATORY FULL INSTALLATION
AND ONLY A 500 GB HARD DRIVE!?!

4. You cannot buy an Xbox 720 without a Kinect 2, nor will any games function without the Kinect 2 being on, even with games that don't have Kinect 2 functionality.
Who's bright idea is this one? Because that sucks!

5. Cannot play any games without internet connection. Even games that don't have online play
or have modes that do not require internet connection to work, such as a fighting game, a FPS campaign, etc.
UGGH. Presumably so that Micro$oft can snoop on you 24/7 to "make sure" you aren't doing anything "unauthorized." Because that just worked like a charm with Diablo and Sim City, right?

6. Potential to use internet connection and Kinect 2 to see how many people are watching or using a rental service and charging more according, or making sure that somebody "too young" doesn't play a Teen or MA game.

6 is the craziest rumor yet. The other stuff just merely sucks. This is like paying hundreds of dollars to have Officer Microsoft in your house making sure you aren't doing anything "unauthorized."

Somebody make me feel better about 720 because it sounds like it sucks ass.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
The Kinect thing that sees how many people are in the room is a legitimate patent that Microsoft applied for, but I don't know if that means they'll incorporate it. I also don't know if this EA Sim City 5 disaster won't put a damper on "always online" platforms.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
I keep hearing about that installing games shit, but I really just choose to think it's all a lie. That would hurt them more than it would help them. A ton of gamers rely on used games to play.... Who doesn't borrow a game from a friend from time to time? I won't believe that until I see it.

the kinect 2 being able to tell your age or how many people are in the room.... i want to believe we don't have the technology to let fucking skynet into our homes just yet.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Rumors are usually just that: Rumors.

Some of those you listed are just incredibly far fetched, I wouldnt be surprised if they are completely false.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
If even half of that shit is true...

Not getting it. And I don't PC game AT ALL.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Seems like #2 cold be somewhat legitimate since games seem to run better of HD than optical drive. #1 really makes no sense unless they are trying to keep you from wearing out the optics which was a legitimate problem with the PS2.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I'm just not happy with what I've heard so far.

Plus, MicroCUNT wants to spy on people.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
But Sony filed for patents on the same sort of thing with Playstation Move, seeing how many people are in a room and gauging their age, right?

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I'll happily wait a year after the release. See how shit goes. Method has served me well, and ensures an ironed out system with no problems. Also ensures I skip the shitty systems. Those Nintendo cockfucks can shit in their mothers mouths.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If they insist on having that shit included, I predict a sales bust and the days of the console will be done.

Dec 12, 2007
To be fair I haven't really heard anything positive about any next gen console. Which is why for the first time ever, I might just be PC gaming only.

At this point I'm paying 300 bucks for a couple exclusive games. It hardly seems worth it.

Pat Barringer

Oct 11, 2009
Minnesota
Even if they did require connect to spy on you, couldn't you just shove it in a drawer or wrap it in a towel and stuff it behind your TV?

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
To be fair I haven't really heard anything positive about any next gen console. Which is why for the first time ever, I might just be PC gaming only.

At this point I'm paying 300 bucks for a couple exclusive games. It hardly seems worth it.
And they were saying PC gaming was dead 10 years ago.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
. #1 really makes no sense unless they are trying to keep you from wearing out the optics which was a legitimate problem with the PS2.
Could it be some sort of patent or copyright issue? Could they be prohibited from including that functionality?

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Could it be some sort of patent or copyright issue? Could they be prohibited from including that functionality?
I know Sony and a few other brands pretty much own Bluray and you have to license from them but would have assumed since the games were BR that it was covered. Sure would be a cunt move on behalf of Sony to not let MS have BR movie playback. Just keep fucking that consumer over.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
People don't install games to HD? I do every time, and I only rent. Once I'm done I just uninstall and move on.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I know Sony and a few other brands pretty much own Bluray and you have to license from them but would have assumed since the games were BR that it was covered. Sure would be a cunt move on behalf of Sony to not let MS have BR movie playback. Just keep fucking that consumer over.
Microsoft is part of the group that controls AACS (the Blu-ray copy protection scheme). The only company stopping Microsoft from including Blu-ray movie playback is Microsoft.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
But Sony filed for patents on the same sort of thing with Playstation Move, seeing how many people are in a room and gauging their age, right?
Looks like midgets and short people are fucked playing adult games.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
So they'll be able to spy on you....in your home...and some of you will buy this shit...