XM Canada Offers Deals

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Mysteriously I got an offer in the mail today from XM Canada pushing me to sign up. I have until June 20th to get these great deals. Coincidence...I think not.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Fuck that, they just want you to sign up before the 1st. They're desperate.

Freese

maybe more people cancelled than they let on...way more I'm thinking.

I cancelled, and haven't received anything yet. Guess it will be coming.

Burger

Fuck ALL Forms of Censorship
I hope you are right. Anyone who re-ups before July 1 though basically doesn't count as a cancel. They are a wash for the company since they'll be counted as a sub for Q2. There are plenty of mediums to listen to the boys without subscribing before July 1. Use it as a "trial period" to see if/how censored the boys are.

Freese

I'm waiting until after july 1st...gonna see how it is then re-up.

Mysteriously I got an offer in the mail today from XM Canada pushing me to sign up. I have until June 20th to get these great deals. Coincidence...I think not.
Not so mysteriously, xm Canada has yet to respond to any of my e-mails, on the telephone assures me my account has been cancelled, tells me when I call to report a unit stolen it is de-activated immediately but when I cancel due to their inept corporate decision-making, well, the signal will eventually stop.

xm Canada- One more reason to cancel xm.

alt130

Frunkis.net
To be fair to XM Canada, everything they do has to go through XM, so they are at their douchebag mercy. As for not replying to emails though, there isn't really any defence of that.

Good point, alt130! Good point.

However, Now I'm also left with the possibility that reported stolen units are not being shut off immediately which was the only satisfaction I used to have from being ripped off. Who is watching xm to ensure that they are locking off stolen units and not letting them run for a couple of months to lure a few more subs? God damned sub whores!
I don't trust xm on any matter.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
By my figures....It's around 400 total, 20~40 year old, 200lb+ men and one girl. :icon_mrgr

alt130

Frunkis.net
Good point, alt130! Good point.

However, Now I'm also left with the possibility that reported stolen units are not being shut off immediately which was the only satisfaction I used to have from being ripped off. Who is watching xm to ensure that they are locking off stolen units and not letting them run for a couple of months to lure a few more subs? God damned sub whores!
I don't trust xm on any matter.
I imagine that the stolen units probably work for awhile until they are on to get the kill command... nothing is instantaneous with XM, obviously. I would hope they are not such assholes that they would knowingly sign up a stolen unit, but my whole perception of them has changed quite a bit recently, so I agree.

By my figures....It's around 400 total, 20~40 year old, 200lb+ men and one girl.
But I'm under 200lbs... does that mean that they didn't actually cancel my radio? Fuck!

D

digiman66

I canceled May 16 and still have not received a refund. I called today, and they said it would take 3 weeks minimum... so please be patient...

Absolutely will not re-up until after 1 July... IF EVER!!!!

alt130

Frunkis.net
I canceled May 16 and still have not received a refund. I called today, and they said it would take 3 weeks minimum... so please be patient...

Absolutely will not re-up until after 1 July... IF EVER!!!!
That's bullshit. They could hit a few keys and it would be back on your card within 2-5 days. You shouldn't be patient, you should call and demand to know why they are dragging their asses, and threaten to just charge it back. I am sure it will speed things up if you threaten them with bank paperwork.

I am in Canada, and am part of the "silent" group I guess... correct me if I am wrong, but XM Canada is a seperate entity from "XM", woul really like to know if there was any ripple felt for them when Mr Gregg "Opie" Hughes, Mr Anthony Cumia, and Mr James (Lil' Jimmy) Noton were put on hold. I for one was an un-subscriber, but given the little advertising I have seen, and the lack of talk about satellite radio here, I dont think the xm canada group was hurt much.
That said, it really is a fucking shame that something that was so good, dumped on us. I got my okd man, my girfriend, my cousin, and my best friend hooked on it. No more Hayseed radio 24/7.
Myself, my old man, and (under protest) GF are un-subscribed at present, waiting to see on the 15th.
Downloading is easy, and works... but I really am happy to pay for good content. If it sucks, and we are all getting it without paying, how long is it going to last ?
The 15th is going to be a "D"-Day of sorts for the informed ahem "XM Nation". *stepping off the soapbox*

Beeman99

I live in Canada but I guess since my XM and Sirius subs are American subs, I won't be hearing from them. Fuck XM Canada.