XM Cancellation: Epilogue (a QM Production)

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I am sitting here listening to miles davis stream over my speakerphone as I happen to be on hold for XM Billing. This happening after 5 minutes of screaming "CUNT!" and "AGENT PLEASE!!" into the handset hoping the automated bitch understands the frustration I'm feeling.

10 minutes prior I gave another female, live, an earful after asking me why their automated billing couldn't take their 3 month subscription fee from my checking account.

You see, like everyone else, I dutifully canceled when XM threw the boys into satellite limbo for 30 days. And,like everyone else, I dealt with an Asian female whom I thought understood the meaning of the word "cancel". While I have a short temper I try to give people the benefit of the doubt knowing that most of these woman will end up walking the dirt path back to their grass hut (or whatever the fuck they live in) and in between cane-pole beatings be poked by her needle-dicked husband. Not much of a treat for her. No, I was mister passive.

Evidently I should have gone the route of Joe's (Fruit Monkey) now (in)famous call to the same support crew because, sure enough, they never actually canceled my account. Instead, the word "cancel' (repeated no less than 7-8 times) was translated to: "free-30-days-at-the-end-of-which-we-continue-billing-quarterly". A few days ago they attempted to get their fee and because its now an inactive checking account I was nailed for a $25 insufficient funds charge.

At this point I'm not sure if I'll continue to subscribe or I'll just keep paltalk running in the background since thats how I end up listening to most of it anyhow. If I do decide to stay they better be prepared to fork over some serious free time.

Anyway........has anyone else had this happen or did I just end up with Hellen Keller of the phone support world? Also, what is the record offer for free service to get you to stay? I know 3 months was possible and I've even heard of 6 months for those with multiple accounts.

-Hump

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I am sitting here listening to miles davis stream over my speakerphone as I happen to be on hold for XM Billing. This happening after 5 minutes of screaming "CUNT!" and "AGENT PLEASE!!" into the handset hoping the automated bitch understands the frustration I'm feeling.

10 minutes prior I gave another female, live, an earful after asking me why their automated billing couldn't take their 3 month subscription fee from my checking account.

You see, like everyone else, I dutifully canceled when XM threw the boys into satellite limbo for 30 days. And,like everyone else, I dealt with an Asian female whom I thought understood the meaning of the word "cancel". While I have a short temper I try to give people the benefit of the doubt knowing that most of these woman will end up walking the dirt path back to their grass hut (or whatever the fuck they live in) and in between cane-pole beatings be poked by her needle-dicked husband. Not much of a treat for her. No, I was mister passive.

Evidently I should have gone the route of Joe's (Fruit Monkey) now (in)famous call to the same support crew because, sure enough, they never actually canceled my account. Instead, the word "cancel' (repeated no less than 7-8 times) was translated to: "free-30-days-at-the-end-of-which-we-continue-billing-quarterly". A few days ago they attempted to get their fee and because its now an inactive checking account I was nailed for a $25 insufficient funds charge.

At this point I'm not sure if I'll continue to subscribe or I'll just keep paltalk running in the background since thats how I end up listening to most of it anyhow. If I do decide to stay they better be prepared to fork over some serious free time.

Anyway........has anyone else had this happen or did I just end up with Hellen Keller of the phone support world? Also, what is the record offer for free service to get you to stay? I know 3 months was possible and I've even heard of 6 months for those with multiple accounts.

-Hump
I'd get back on the phone, and tell whomever finally picks up the phone that you need to speak with a manager who speaks English and then tell that manager that you want the $25 NSF fee refunded.

And somewhere on here is thread detailing all the problems we had when we cancelled - apparently a lot of people were not cancelled even though they specifically said to cancel.

It's what happens when you outsource to third world countries.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Epilogue II

So the woman comes on, not sure if she's from the same support center but her english was perfect. Very pleasant and un-patronizing. She gave me several choices 1.) cancel the account 2.) refund me $25 cash and one month of free service or 3.) 3 months free service.

I took #3

I was going to be a smart-ass so I had recorded the call hoping to verbally bludgeon her but because she was so damned polite and understanding it ended up as a very civil (read; dull) exchange.

If I ever ended up in a political revolution where I'd need to stand my ground I'd fold like a wet napkin. :rolleyes:

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
I have an issue I have to call billing about and I am not looking forward to dealing with a savage.
I paid for 5 years a couple years ago so I still have over $200 credit. So when Ziggy had his O&A deal a couple weeks back I bought an Inno, and swapped radios. Well I get a bill today for almost $300. They for some reason decided to end my current deal and bill me for another 5 years. I never asked for this to happen and have no idea why they would do this. I am not very happy about it and plan on calling and ask why they did this.
I never heard of any kind of deal where you would have to pay for 5 years. It makes no sense. I am going to ask to just let my current deal expire then I will re-up. I am a really easy going guy to people on the phone,it has to be a tough job being a customer service rep,but if they give me a hard time I am going to explode. I will tell them to cancel me and give my $200 plus back. I am sure I will get my way if I say that.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I have an issue I have to call billing about and I am not looking forward to dealing with a savage.
I paid for 5 years a couple years ago so I still have over $200 credit. So when Ziggy had his O&A deal a couple weeks back I bought an Inno, and swapped radios. Well I get a bill today for almost $300. They for some reason decided to end my current deal and bill me for another 5 years. I never asked for this to happen and have no idea why they would do this. I am not very happy about it and plan on calling and ask why they did this.
I never heard of any kind of deal where you would have to pay for 5 years. It makes no sense. I am going to ask to just let my current deal expire then I will re-up. I am a really easy going guy to people on the phone,it has to be a tough job being a customer service rep,but if they give me a hard time I am going to explode. I will tell them to cancel me and give my $200 plus back. I am sure I will get my way if I say that.
It sounds more like they had you in for some kind of automated recurring billing and resetting the account changed your re-up date to the day you activated the new radio. I seriously doubt they'll bust your balls because they certainly don't want to lose someone who pays for 5 years on advance. Matter of fact, try to sound a little irritated and wonder aloud whether you should remain or just cancel altogether. I bet she'll come up with some kind of perk to entice you to stay. Just a thought :icon_wink

TEXAS TRUCKER

Yay! Sigs are back!
Jan 27, 2005
On-Line resub rules. No phones or third world parties involved. Sweet and simple.