XM continues to snub O&A

So my girl just bought a Hyundai with a factory XM unit... As in other factory installs, you get three free months of service, and yesterday we got the literature from XM imploring her to continue the service beyond the 90 days. Notice anything missing from the following passage about what programming XM offers (omitting the obvious mentions to music, sports and such)?

- A wide variety of all-star talk and entertainment including the exclusive Oprah and friends channel, plus The Ellen Degeneris Show, Good Morning America Radio, and The Bob Edwards Show
Nice.

Now... It occurred to me that this literature may be gender-targeted and therefore mightn't mention O&A (which for the most part will offend/turn off women in a general sense), but c'mon, no mention of the most popular program on the entire XM platform?? And if that's the case, is Bob Edwards a huge draw for WOMEN? Do women as a group enjoy listening to a ghoul?

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
XM are fucking no nothing scumbags, you know that. I don't give a shit about their stupid company. If Ron and Fez and O&A were at Sirius I'd have one of their units in my home and car.

XM better understand why millions of people are subscribing to their stupid service and step it the fuck up.

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
Right now the Sirius home page has a picture of Cousin Brucie, Martha Stewart and Jon Bon Jovi on the front page, with no mention of Howard. Should Howie fans be throwing the same temper tantrum?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
And how will this improve with the merger?

Exactly.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 14 (11 members and 3 guests)
CM Mark, aahpandasrun, Bud8Weiser, caliboy1980, CGC13, MJMANDALAY, mk21, Sprite, theSwede, TitanicSlide, trip85

BuffaloTom

Oct 21, 2004
When I cancelled because of the suspension, they sent me brochures and literature to get me back. NONE of it mentioned OnA.

For 3 years I've been looking in the Best Buy and Circuit City ads every Sunday in the paper. You know how many times there has been an OnA logo in the 8 or so logos in the XM section? Twice.

J

jprepo1

they're probably just keeping their distance in case they decide to fire them (stupidly), so they can kind of be like "well we never even promoted them while they were on here"

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
Oct 1, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
It's the same thing up here in Crapland. You have a whole country to market to that's never heard of OnA. It's a virgin market. We get nothing.

XM brings nothing to the table.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
Right now the Sirius home page has a picture of Cousin Brucie, Martha Stewart and Jon Bon Jovi on the front page, with no mention of Howard. Should Howie fans be throwing the same temper tantrum?
Sirius has been trying to avoid being linked to Howard for a while.this was about a year ago. When I worked at Radio Shack (or "the shack" as I like to call it ROFL LOL) the Sirius rep would tell us not to mention Howard when selling those monster sized units. Instead, he would say things like "tell the customer that we signed NASCAR or have Martha Stuart".
I also found it funny that we were supposed to sell a service using NASCAR as the sell point when XM still had NASCAR on their platform. I think NASCAR goes to sirius in 2008 but who is buying satilite radio for race car driving? I hate watching that shit. the only reason to watch is to see an accident. I can't imagine listening to it being even a little bit enjoyable.
Has anyone tryed to listen to Dale JR or Jimmy Johnson? their commerical for their show is UNLISTENABLE. I would imagine their show is just as bad :arrrh:

J

jprepo1

god i cant even imagine how you listen to a nascar race (or watch it for that matter) you could bullshit the whole thing just by putting the sounds of cars revving and whatnot on the air

Burger

Fuck ALL Forms of Censorship
Apr 16, 2007
Alexandria, VA
god i cant even imagine how you listen to a nascar race (or watch it for that matter) you could bullshit the whole thing just by putting the sounds of cars revving and whatnot on the air
I can hear it now - in the background "vroooom vrooom vrooom" and some announcer "oh my god, they are making another left turn. How riveting....

J

jprepo1

i guess its one of those "you have to be there" ""sports""

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
XM are fucking no nothing scumbags, you know that. I don't give a shit about their stupid company. If Ron and Fez and O&A were at Sirius I'd have one of their units in my home and car.

XM better understand why millions of people are subscribing to their stupid service and step it the fuck up.
QFT :clap:

MikeMcDouchebag

I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years.
May 14, 2007
Chess match on the radio > death by being burried alive > NASCAR on the radio

MikeMcDouchebag

May 14, 2007
Ahhhhh, very nicely played, sir. :clap:
I'm glad you think so, but here in Kansas that sort of blasphemy against the Great Sport merits death by hanging. Anyone who doesn’t have a NASCAR licence plate/bumper sticker/decal on their vehicle is viewed with contempt. The lack of NASCAR paraphernalia on my vehicle is the equivalent of the mark of the beast, and the fact that I don’t drive a pick-up truck doesn’t help any.

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
I'm glad you think so, but here in Kansas that sort of blasphemy against the Great Sport merits death by hanging. Anyone who doesn’t have a NASCAR licence plate/bumper sticker/decal on their vehicle is viewed with contempt. The lack of NASCAR paraphernalia on my vehicle is the equivalent of the mark of the beast, and the fact that I don’t drive a pick-up truck doesn’t help any.
I thought being black in Kansas warented death by hanging?

MikeMcDouchebag

May 14, 2007
I thought being black in Kansas warented death by hanging?
Not really. We were anti-slavery during the Civil War (see Bleeding Kansas), so the darkies are pretty safe here. However, a few miles to the east in Southwest Missouri, it's a totally different story. My college roommate took a teaching job last year in a small school district south of Springfield, MO., and the directions to the back to school BBQ included, "Turn left at the Second Baptist Church...the one with the Confederate flag in the front."

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
that pic is hysterical SB

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
May 31, 2004
In other news, the sky is blue.

Fuckin' XM.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
- A wide variety of all-star talk and entertainment including the exclusive Oprah and friends channel, plus The Ellen Degeneris Show, Good Morning America Radio, and The Bob Edwards Show
I don't know if this matters, but..................

it says "exclusive". O&A aren't actually exclusive to XM anymore.

Once again, I don't know if it matters.