XM Cutting In & Out?

Deadhead

P.I.S.S. Card Holder #54
Jan 21, 2006
Pottersville, GA
Mine's still cutting in and out.

All channels.

Anyone notice last week in the early morning about half the channels were having tech. difficulties?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Is anyone else having this problem with XM?

I sometimes get interference from the other channels?
Probably 201 and 203?

Sometimes I even get kicked down to channel 1.

???

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I stopped paying my bill completly because I do not like a radio show I hear every other word... very frustrating........ my 150.00 XM boom box with antenna ran 30 feet up a wall... was a complete every other word piece of shit.\
\\\\\\

XM if you wanna know why i never paid there ya go.... same shit in my truck.

lil Jimmy leans in for the kill n I hear......
..............................you cunt!

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I have had the service cutting in and out more frequently than usual. Every little bridge and tree seems to make it cut out. I have been kicked to channel 1 more than once. It has been happening for the last two weeks, right around the time I bought a new car and moved my xm radio into it. I figured I fucked up the antenna wire...now that I am reading this, maybe not.

Dumpsterkeeper

Oct 15, 2005
My inno (in both home docks, and my car dock) has been cutting in and out like a mother fucker the past few weeks, I thought it was just me. Specifically, the home dock in my work shop cuts in and out at least once a minute, and it used to only cut out once in a blue moon.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
A few weeks ago I had to change my XM2Go's location in the house because I was no longer getting a signal from where I've had it for the past 2 years.

ShavedLebaneseBear

Question: What kind of bear is best?
Oct 17, 2002
West Coast
I too am getting a somewhat worse signal than usual. I also notice that when I lose signal in my car, the signal just goes dead now. There used to be a "static" noise when the signal would drop out. Now it just dies, then comes back when I get the signal back.
Also, sometimes if the signal is out for more than a second, I will hear an odd "robotic" sounding noise, that kind of sounds like speech. Yes, that sounds insane, but it's there. :huh:

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I too am getting a somewhat worse signal than usual. I also notice that when I lose signal in my car, the signal just goes dead now. There used to be a "static" noise when the signal would drop out. Now it just dies, then comes back when I get the signal back.
Also, sometimes if the signal is out for more than a second, I will hear an odd "robotic" sounding noise, that kind of sounds like speech. Yes, that sounds insane, but it's there. :huh:
That sums up what is happening to me as well.

No more static sound.

The robotic sounding voices are the sports channels probably 201 or 203 waiting for a live event.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i got 1 cut up segment on the inno recording today
with no commercials in between
that's not normal
but as far as reception issues
i dunno
get some static when listening to recorded stuff
in my truck sometimes
thought it was just the channel i was modulating to picking up a partial broadcast channel

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Car mounted unit stories will be unreliable due to the ever-moving location of the receiver.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
def check the antenna wire in your cars, mine was wired through the dash and the side of the door, the constant open and closing of the door fucked the wire up. The minute I changed the antenna I got great reception.

Recently I have noticed that the stations I have been using for the last year or two all of a sudden have been overpowering my XM signal frequently enough to piss me off. Guess its time to get a radio with an AUX port

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
def check the antenna wire in your cars, mine was wired through the dash and the side of the door, the constant open and closing of the door fucked the wire up. The minute I changed the antenna I got great reception.

Recently I have noticed that the stations I have been using for the last year or two all of a sudden have been overpowering my XM signal frequently enough to piss me off. Guess its time to get a radio with an AUX port
HELLOOO
car related story
das is verbotten

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Maz and other people please don't feel compelled to reply unless you have experienced these problems recently and have had a long experience with your xm radio.

Car mounted unit stories will be unreliable due to the ever-moving location of the receiver.
I drive the same route everyday. Prior to the last two/three weeks, I have never had more than one cutout back and forth to week (same spot each way). I think this account would be pretty reliable. Shit the fucking thing cuts out while sitting at a stop light, that never happened before.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
yeah
montana seems like a nice
peaceful place
how's the fishing up there ?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
very good, and lots Big animals to see. Nice to see more bear and moose than golfers.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i dabble in golf
but i'm terrible at it
wouldn't miss it
especially if the fishin's good

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
My XM direct was cutting out like crazy, so I hooked my inno up in the car and there was no problem. Bought a sportcaster and transfered the XM direct service to it and no problems since. This is my third XM direct in 2 years, I think they just were not mounted secure enough (or there is no way to do it) to handle all the pot holes I may have hit or the antenna cable may have gotten a kink that disrupted the signal somehow.