XM Days vs. Present

Joe Pietaro

Feb 9, 2010
New York
Hearing some of the Best Of material from the not too distant past really makes you think of how far things have fallen. Not the boy's fault, either, mind you. This is not a bitch fest thread.

Back at XM, everything was borderline out of control with the bleachers, walk over, Box o Cocks, etc. The move to the closet sized studio at Sirius really put a huge damper on the entire production of the show.

Not cryin' but will be when O&A are really off the air for good.

Sep 28, 2010
I've always loved the show since the NEW days, but they minute they start whining about something (management, nigs, liberals etc) i'm out, i've got my own problems to deal with, don't want to hear anyone else's.

Laughing rules.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I've always loved the show since the NEW days, but they minute they start whining about something (management, nigs, liberals etc) i'm out, i've got my own problems to deal with, don't want to hear anyone else's.

Laughing rules.
But you can IDENTIFY!!!! It's the brilliance!

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
The lawyers rooned it. It was only a matter of time. Even if XM hadn't merged, their lawyers would have eventually budinski'd their way into it.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm not saying lawyers didn't make things more difficult but exclusively blaming lawyers is a weak excuse.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
I didn't say I exclusively blamed the lawyers... that was just the first major thing I could think of.

Rangers484

Chia Obama, WTF?
Jan 14, 2006
East Coast
How about they ask forgiveness rather then ask permission?

Oh, that's right, they both like that fat paycheck too much every two weeks despite being "screwed" in the last contract negotiation, maaaaaaannnnnnnn.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I blame the XM lawyers. They let the boys get away with too much. Totally spoiled.

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
How about they ask forgiveness rather then ask permission?

Oh, that's right, they both like that fat paycheck too much every two weeks despite being "screwed" in the last contract negotiation, maaaaaaannnnnnnn.
I pray for forgiveness every time I ollie for Jesus.......and for the pile of dog turds I scarfed down on a dare.

extreme bro.

AnthonOpe

Apr 15, 2011
I dare you to listen to an hour of Howard's unfunny, boring, out of touch current show. If you do you will think that O&A's worst day is the best thing you ever heard.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I dare you to listen to an hour of Howard's unfunny, boring, out of touch current show. If you do you will think that O&A's worst day is the best thing you ever heard.
There's more in heaven and earth than two damned radio shows.

Aug 22, 2010
Kentucky
The Early XM days...when I first got into the show...wouldn't miss that show for anything.....all the laughs I had and heard.....

God do I miss them.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
The Early XM days...when I first got into the show...wouldn't miss that show for anything.....all the laughs I had and heard.....

God do I miss them.
So much good shit from then. Hell, even the first day when they only had one sound clip (DILLON!) was better than some of the shit I've been hearing lately.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
So much good shit from then. Hell, even the first day when they only had one sound clip (DILLON!) was better than some of the shit I've been hearing lately.
I know, right? The show just gets worse and worse. Example: they were sooooo much better 13 shows ago than they are now.

DieDieMyDarling

Dec 6, 2009
Ireland
I only found the show around the end of 2007, so I've been using the wonderful gift that is the internet to listen to the shows from 2004 onward (Currently at mid-2007), and catching up with the recent shows on a weekly basis. Personally speaking, I think some of the shows more recently have been the best shows they've offered. But, generally, the averages were higher for 2004-2007, with pretty much every show being damned good, and damned funny. With the newer stuff it seems to be more filler, with the odd absolute gem thrown in maybe once a month.

I've never really listened to Ron & Fez properly, maybe tried a show and a half, so hopefully I'll have that to fall back on, if O&A ever call it a day, or things get too shit to be entertaining. Just like I found O&A when I got bored of Howard. There'll always be something out there to watch/listen to.

Anal Pizza

Sep 27, 2008
they are now doing some of their best shows. stfu!

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Blast being "happy to be there" all you want but at least there was some happiness.