XM is trying to get me back, it's not working

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I canceled xm back when they took OnA off the air.*

Today I check the mail and there was 3 flyer's saying "rediscover xm for only $4.99 per month for the next 3 months!". The reason for 3 flyers is that there was one for each of my subs.

It's odd that they didn't even have the balls to put the words 'Opie and Anthony' on it.* Opie and Anthony were the only reason I signed up.

Fuck you XM, I'm not coming back!!!!:icon_evil:icon_evil:mad4:

Edit* They didn't even list 202. Fuckem in the ass.

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
I haven't gotten one yet..... guess it's coming.

More junk mail to throw right into the trash.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
hmmmmm, i havent got one yet, but for 4.99 i think i will take the deal. i have a my fi sitting right next to me un oppened

blazin

Dec 9, 2004
I got 3, but it was months ago, right when O&A came back after the suspension.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Unrelated to the mailings, but do you remember when Mel said that there would be no price increases should the merger go through?

Last week I had to call XM because somehow my WiFi3 lost the signal. Somehow the entire registration got lost over the course of three days.

While I'm on the phone with the dot head, she tries to sell me a multi-year contract - tells me it's less expensive than the one year contract I now have. I told her that any decisions on renewal would be made after the merger is decided and that if it goes through, I would again be canceling my service. Of course, she's trying to tell me that the merger would be a good thing. I told her that she had her job to do and that as the consumer I had a job also - to learn as much as I could about the merger and that I felt it was not a good thing.

Now here's the kicker: She tells me that another reason I should take the multi-year contract is that if there's a price increase, I'd be locked in at the old price.

Price increase?? Hmmmm - did I just catch Mel in another propaganda lie?

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Unrelated to the...........................

Price increase?? Hmmmm - did I just catch Mel in another propaganda lie?
Most likely that's a lie to get you to sign up. I'm sure there won't be price increases, since they have a hard enough time keeping current customers.

I wouldn't mind the mailer, but since they know I canceled because of them dropping OnA, they should have at least made that a reason to come back. At least mention OnA on the mailer.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I got the $77/year deal when I re-subscribed. There was no way in hell I was going to re-up for $12.95/month. The suspension worked out well for me. I cut my yearly XM bill in half, and saved the $12.95 for the month they were off the air.

When the year is up, they better have another deal or I'll cancel again.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Most likely that's a lie to get you to sign up. I'm sure there won't be price increases, since they have a hard enough time keeping current customers.

I wouldn't mind the mailer, but since they know I canceled because of them dropping OnA, they should have at least made that a reason to come back. At least mention OnA on the mailer.
I'm sure the mailers were generic and not specifically targeted at you. But you're right, there should be some mention of them - they are the highest rated show on XM after all.

mud

Sep 3, 2006
az
I signed back up last week using that scion code (3 months free and no activation fee) on the other thread for 2 radios and it seemed to work. At least they have'nt billed my card yet.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I'm almost ready to re-sub, but I really want to wait until this merger thing is settled. My biggest concern was that XM would continue to censor them. Anyone notice they don't say "N" on XM anymore? It seems like the boys are going on auto-pilot and being extra careful until they have an idea whether or not they'll have a job next year.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I've said it before and will say it again: the only way to MAKE Mel keep the boys is to make them so profitable that he can't get rid of them. Stealing the show or listening on CBS won't get help.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I've said it before and will say it again: the only way to MAKE Mel keep the boys is to make them so profitable that he can't get rid of them. Stealing the show or listening on CBS won't get help.
I actually agree, and that's what made me change my mind. Though I'm still on the fence (again).

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I canceled xm back when they took OnA off the air.*

Today I check the mail and there was 3 flyer's saying "rediscover xm for only $4.99 per month for the next 3 months!". The reason for 3 flyers is that there was one for each of my subs.
I got 3, but it was months ago, right when O&A came back after the suspension.
Same here. Told them thanks anyway, I'm a Kings fan...:action-sm

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Don has a point. I never canceled because I didn't want to hurt Ron and Fez, plus I am in my car way too long to listen to my 5 Cds or shitty fucking FM. Plus I don't have the patience to search out and find the shows on the internet. Believe it or not XM is more then channel 202.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I changed my mind. After 4 months of listening to Free FM/K-Rock, I've had enough. I'm back to XM Online for now. Yeah, I caved (eventually).

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Since the cancellation/resub they haven't charged me at all......

WINNER!