XM Offers Podcasts On iTunes

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
http://www.twice.com/article/CA6511786.html

By Amy Gilroy -- TWICE, 12/11/2007 1:34:00 PM
Washington — XM Satellite Radio is placing some of its programming on iTunes and www.xmradio.com as podcasts that may be downloaded at no charge.

Beginning today, consumers can download exclusive XM content from hosts such as Bob Edwards, James Carville, Luke Russert, Mike Krzyzewski, Barry Switzer and Opie & Anthony, and exclusive XM music and comedy programming.

The company also announced a new weekly podcast called XM Weekly Music that offers XM aired interviews, live performances and new music from XM music channels. Another new podcast is “XM Artist Confidential Green Room,” which offers behind the scenes content from XM’s performing artist/interview series. Another podcast will air content from XM’s original comedy series.

netPOSER

Jan 28, 2005
I see all the XM Podcasts in the iTunes store but when I click "subscribe" for the O&A Podcast I get the below error about it not being available in the US Store. WTF? The other XM podcasts download just fine.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Stupid question from a technologically challenged individual - can you put podcasts on regular mp3 players or do you need an actually iPod?

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Does this mean Audible is done?
Doubtful, XM is dumb but not THAT dumb. If the entire show was free, they'd lose subs. Just my 2¢, I could be wrong and XM might just be that dumb.

Baggy Spandex

This stinks and I don't like it.
Apr 5, 2007
Doubtful, XM is dumb but not THAT dumb. If the entire show was free, they'd lose subs. Just my 2¢, I could be wrong and XM might just be that dumb.
It would be mint if it was free to subscribers. That would be a major selling point.

trucker_ben

Jul 29, 2006
I think its a way for the show to reach more people. For a while I only listened on audible after the suspension and it was miserable. Had to download it, transfer it to the ipod and it just wasn't very reliable and it was a headache. Listening live on XM is by far the way to do it.

We all could get the show for free if we wanted to, but we don't. I don't think they will lose XM subs.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
We all could get the show for free if we wanted to, but we don't. I don't think they will lose XM subs.
We all could, but there's the fringe that won't cross the line. Also, there's the audible audience. XM makes money from the Audible deal, why would they just start giving it away?

deadfruitvirus

One character short :(
Mar 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Hopefully they'll toss my cartoons from the Virus tour last summer into it once I sign the right papers. I'll also be doing some new ones for it.

While we're on it, here's one cartoon that XM wasn't able to show on the tour because they couldn't clear the song, so you guys can watch it for free!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_COlAy5njI[/media]

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Hopefully they'll toss my cartoons from the Virus tour last summer into it once I sign the right papers. I'll also be doing some new ones for it.

While we're on it, here's one cartoon that XM wasn't able to show on the tour because they couldn't clear the song, so you guys can watch it for free!

That's pretty damn funny! :clap::clap::clap:

Stupid question from a technologically challenged individual - can you put podcasts on regular mp3 players or do you need an actually iPod?

The ones up there now are just plain MP3s, so the answer is yes. O&A's is a Cokelogic video, though, (the one where Jimmy tries to get a picture with DeNiro) so you won't be able to use it.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Now that they're running promos on XM in normal commercial rotation, I can't wait for Elo's big phone call announcement tomorrow. :icon_cool

SlimeyGoatFuckr

Dec 29, 2005
Denver
That's pretty damn funny! :clap::clap::clap:

The ones up there now are just plain MP3s, so the answer is yes. O&A's is a Cokelogic video, though, (the one where Jimmy tries to get a picture with DeNiro) so you won't be able to use it.
But the video and the podcast play fine on my good ol' iPod. Nice video Cokelogic.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY

brilliant, the steve thing really made me laugh

netPOSER

Jan 28, 2005
Is XM gonna charge for the O&A podcast? WTF? How many times do I gotta pay for that shit and do they realize that nobody pays for podcasts?

uptown

Feb 10, 2003
Looks like the selected shorts are working, but the "Opie and Anthony Experience" isn't working....