OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

XM Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by flyerfan116, Nov 19, 2007.

1. flyerfan116

flyerfan116 Fuckin savages

Trying to think of something for my chcik to get me for x-mas. Myfi is about 2 years old now so i was thinking of upgrading preferably to something that has the capabilities to hold MP3's as well...i'm sure there are ups and downs with any of them but any reccomendations on what to get or at least what to stay away from?

2. MattyIceGfunk

MattyIceGfunk ^ Well Hung

I was just about to post the same damn thread. I am thinking about the inno pink but haven't heard too many good things and not sure if there is something better out there. Any ideas?

3. MyKneeGrows

MyKneeGrows A Mean-Spirited Nothing™

Fixed:action-sm

4. flyerfan116

thank you sir...she maybe my wife now but she'll always be my chick

5. Simby19

Simby19 I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies

A dictionary?

6. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

I wouldn't buy a new XM unit till the merger goes through and they start producing units that receive both services.

Having said that, if you still insist on buying one now, the Inno is still the way to go if you want mp3 capability, although ridiculously small storage capacity.

7. thelord68

thelord68 There's always time for lubricant

The inno is your only option. Except for the firmware glitch earlier this year, its been fine.

Besides storing your own MP3s on it, you can grab complete songs from any of the channels as long as you were already listening to that channel and the song hasn't ended (assuming it isn't > 10 minutes long). Much better than the MyFi because you can selectively erase memory or lock songs from being overwritten, you can filter and sort the selections as well. FM transmitter aside (it was disabled early on and new ones don't have it). Fits easily in a pocket. My only gripe is the screen is harder to read if you mount too far away in the car. Some of the color combinations for the channels makes it difficult to read.

The other XM problems - cutting in and out/repeaters has nothing to do with any particular model.

8. Kris_LTRMa

Kris_LTRMa LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

I've got the SkyFi3 ... it can record 10 hours on the internal flash memory and then I'm not even sure how many hours can be recorded on the micro sd card. I've had it about 4 months and am still learning to use it, but it's not a bad unit.

9. flyerfan116

can you fast forward through recorded selections too? i usually tape O&A or R&F and the replays are always recorded in long blocks and can't FF on the myfi

10. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

Yes. And rewind, too.

11. Beeman99

Beeman99 Registered User

I won't buy a new XM unit because the FM Modulators either don't work in the home cradle on the new ones or their range sucks cock