XM says "Opie & Anthony" show to return

vegasbob

I Guess its official. I hope that the Bbbbbbbbboy's can still say what the Fuck they want to say.

41 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shock jocks Opie & Anthony will resume live broadcasts on XM Satellite Radio Holdings on Friday following a one-month suspension after a guest described his **** fantasies on their daily show, the satellite radio provider said on Monday.

Hosts Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia last month were suspended for 30 days after a guest spoke about forcing Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice and First Lady
Laura Bush to have sex with him.

XM denounced the comments and the hosts apologized. But XM, which has agreed to be acquired by rival Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., suspended the team about a week after the incident, saying the duo had later made remarks on air that suggested their regret was not sincere.

"Opie and Anthony will be back on XM live at 6:00 a.m. ET (1000 GMT) on Friday, June 15th," XM said in a message posted to its Web site.

While XM had said from the start that Opie & Anthony's suspension did not mean they eventually would be fired, some media analysts had questioned whether new scrutiny of radio shock jocks meant their days on air were numbered.

Earlier this year, CBS Radio fired radio host Don Imus after he referred to a Rutgers University women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos." Several radio hosts have since been disciplined for remarks widely viewed as racist or sexist.

CBS Radio, a unit of CBS Corp., simulcasts a censored daily version of the Opie & Anthony Show, and continued to run the program during XM's suspension.

Some XM subscribers protested the move, arguing that while CBS is bound by U.S. indecency rules, satellite radio has touted its ability to remain a haven of freewheeling speech.

XM said it plans to air this week excerpts of the CBS Radio version of Opie & Anthony from the last few weeks.

XM Satellite shares rose 45 cents, or about 4.2 percent to $11.06 in afternoon trade on Monday.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
I want the tools that made this shitty stupid decision to grovel on their knees, like the sorry cunts they have become.

Then, maybe I'll bring back my accounts.

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
For the 4,812th time, they never talked about ****!!!

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
This comes from the Opie and Anthony section of XM's website.

O&A fans who may have cancelled service as a result of the suspension, XM will waive the reactivation fee (normally $14.99) through June 30th. Please note that this offer is only available by calling 1-800-XMRADIO to reactivate.

alt130

Frunkis.net
This comes from the Opie and Anthony section of XM's website.

O&A fans who may have cancelled service as a result of the suspension, XM will waive the reactivation fee (normally $14.99) through June 30th. Please note that this offer is only available by calling 1-800-XMRADIO to reactivate.
The only reason I like that is because it shut up all the people calling the cancellers morons and insisting they would have to pay the reactivation. That said, I'm not reactivating any time within the duration of that offer, fuck XM and its too little, too late damage control bullshit.

NighthawkCP

I missed the boys. XM music is good, but it gotten boring after a month. It was so nice hearing them this morning, even if it was tamer repeats.

K

knightoffrunkis

This is the first time i have touched my Xm in a solid month Good to hear them back even if it is best of.

The only reason I like that is because it shut up all the people calling the cancellers morons and insisting they would have to pay the reactivation. That said, I'm not reactivating any time within the duration of that offer, fuck XM and its too little, too late damage control bullshit.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

As it stands, I am not resubscribing. Can't say how long I'll be able to hold out, but there will be no XM for me this month. Beyond that, it kind of depends on what is said by the boys and XM. Keep acting like it never happened or it was the correct course of action and XM can go screw. And IF I ever go back, you can bet your ass there will be no activation fee.

I just love that zagman was so wrong. His sources totally suck ass. I'm so glad I didn't cancel my account and smash my radios. Cause, unlike you fools who did listen to zagman and his "i got a source, that O&A are fired", I don't have to run out and purchase a new radio and activate.

And about this merger, it will happen and O&A will have nothing to do with it succeeding or failing. When will people understand that XM and Sirius don't exist for talk radio alone.
Way to man up and make a difference! So they didn't get fired - we still lose. You got ***** and you're saying "see he didn't kill me - ha ha". I didn't cancel because I thought they were fired, I did it because it was the thing a man would do. Hope your cunt isn't too sore.

Cool I can actually listen to them live again.I have been d'lding the CBS show to my IPOD for the last month and listening the following day at work.

I Guess its official. I hope that the Bbbbbbbbboy's can still say what the Fuck they want to say.

41 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shock jocks Opie & Anthony will resume live broadcasts on XM Satellite Radio Holdings on Friday following a one-month suspension after a guest described his **** fantasies on their daily show, the satellite radio provider said on Monday.

Hosts Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia last month were suspended for 30 days after a guest spoke about forcing Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice and First Lady
Laura Bush to have sex with him.

XM denounced the comments and the hosts apologized. But XM, which has agreed to be acquired by rival Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., suspended the team about a week after the incident, saying the duo had later made remarks on air that suggested their regret was not sincere.

"Opie and Anthony will be back on XM live at 6:00 a.m. ET (1000 GMT) on Friday, June 15th," XM said in a message posted to its Web site.

While XM had said from the start that Opie & Anthony's suspension did not mean they eventually would be fired, some media analysts had questioned whether new scrutiny of radio shock jocks meant their days on air were numbered.

Earlier this year, CBS Radio fired radio host Don Imus after he referred to a Rutgers University women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos." Several radio hosts have since been disciplined for remarks widely viewed as racist or sexist.

CBS Radio, a unit of CBS Corp., simulcasts a censored daily version of the Opie & Anthony Show, and continued to run the program during XM's suspension.

Some XM subscribers protested the move, arguing that while CBS is bound by U.S. indecency rules, satellite radio has touted its ability to remain a haven of freewheeling speech.

XM said it plans to air this week excerpts of the CBS Radio version of Opie & Anthony from the last few weeks.

XM Satellite shares rose 45 cents, or about 4.2 percent to $11.06 in afternoon trade on Monday.
Since when is the merger turned to aquiring

K

kydentman

I called and bitched and they gave me the month free. They are going to credit my next bill for the 9.99 it cost for the month of tie the boyzzz were off the air. I kept my service so I was happy to listen to ron and fez and save money....woooo hoooo...

5CourseNazi

did anyone notice that XM has said they WILL waive the reactivation fee till the 20th. lol.

BOUGHTONII

the boys new rules:

it's mr.stern sir

it's mr karmazin your lordship

what a pretty doggie

aint that hoo hoo funny

mr bubba is a hoot

boy that robbin can sure carry a show

yes massa

yes massa

radio like you never heard it before

mascan42

The free re-activation doesn't matter to me, because even after getting a complete refund and calling back to cancel five more times, the idiots never turned my service off. I guess some stuff falls through the cracks when you're dealing with 40,000 angry customers calling over and over again.

habeasrob

I predict-- 1 four hour show simulcast on cbs and xm with no wallkover and no bleeping or dumping on the xm feed, but all the other restrictions imposed by cbs.

and no more bad mouthing howard or sirius till the merger is officialy rejected by the FCC

AuGmENTor

Get AIDS and DIE, STUPID
After much thought, I have decided not to resub. From here on out I will download the show from places and listen the next day on my ipod. Fuck these motherfuckers. Maybe when I see that they are as uncensored as ever, I will decide to give XM some more money. Till then I will take great pleasure in robbing them.