XM Says PAC is a Lying "Cause Organization"

May 15, 2007
Report: Customers Say XM Fought Over Cancellations

Former XM Satellite Radio customers say the satcaster made it very difficult to cancel their radio subscriptions, reports The Washington Times. XM estimated that about 5000 canceled their subscriptions protesting Opie & Anthony's suspension last month, angered by what they described as censorship. The former subscribers have taken their case to message boards with some going so far as to record their calls with customer service reps and posting the videos on YouTube.

Still, others have filed complaints with their state attorneys general. Those interviewed by the newspaper said they encountered hang-ups, arguments from XM reps and unsolicited promotions when they tried to cancel their service. Other customers who tried to cancel their service complained that it took more than two weeks, several phone calls and numerous e-mails.

In the Washington area, only the D.C. attorney general has received a complaint about canceling XM service in the past month. Edward Johnson, President/CEO of the D.C. Better Business Bureau, said the company has an "unsatisfactory" rating. The bureau has received 784 complaints from local residents in the past three years regarding billing, customer service and refund matters.

XM spokesman Chance Patterson says that XM "processed any activations or deactivations in the normal course, just as we always do." He added, "There have been some groups and one in particular that have tried to create a cause organization around this situation," he said in reference to the newly formed People Against Censorship, created in response to the Opie and Anthony suspension. "They have continued to misrepresent the whole situation." (06-20-07)

http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/$rol.exe/headline_id=b9996

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
Isn't Chance Patterson the same guy who said XM gets 1 Million new subs a quarter?

Kurto2021

Certified Pest
Nov 28, 2004
Chance Patterson used to have a guy sit on his ass while he masterbated.

G

GabeM

PAC misrepresents the situation like Chance Patterson misrepresents his hunger for black cock. Stupid faggot name, you fool noone with that birdshit 5000 estimate.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
um...i was under the impression that PAC was started after Imus

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
Apr 25, 2005
Good job Burger. I hope this thing grows legs. Fuck XM.

Burger

Fuck ALL Forms of Censorship
Apr 16, 2007
Alexandria, VA
This guy Chance is XM's PR guy. His job is to spin the facts (or outright lie) to the media so they company looks as good as possible. I think anything that comes out of his mouth should be met with skepticism. Bottom line: He is a douche.

:piss2 Chance Patterson and XM :piss

Marshmallow_Ass

Apr 9, 2005
I was going to join PAC but uh.......

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of People Against Censorship will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of People Against Censorship, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of People Against Censorship reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I can understand alot of this, but come on....... vulgar, sexually-oriented, I don't want to post any of that on PAC, but the fact that I can't post it on a site, on the INTERNET????? UG. That is censorship.

BenDunn

Jul 25, 2005
I have no Faith in XM. Took me a damn week to get my radios canceled. I was told two different things from customer reps, when I called back. Now I am a lier. OK I was going to activate maybe 1 of my 3 radios on July 1st, but now I just can not support a corrupt business like XM. I will find a way to hear the boys and RnF but give XM any more money, I just can not do it. I was a Subscriber before OnA (3.5 years) I will not be anymore. Maybe If a few managment types get fired and they come clean.

I was one of the first 100 people to join PAC. It was the Imus incident that started it.

LilConor

Mar 11, 2005
New Jersey
Only 5000 subs ???? Trust me they didn't bring back the boy's for 5000 subs.
Another point they canceled like normal ? THATS A FUCKIN LIE !!! There are recordings online of people that tried to cancel multiple times. Geeeez. Now I know why I didn't sign back up. Long live Torrents !!!

Burger

Fuck ALL Forms of Censorship
Apr 16, 2007
Alexandria, VA
Of course 5,000 is a bullshit number. Let's look at the facts here kids:

1Q05 net 541,140, gross 821,631 (280,491 canceled subs)
2Q05 net 647,266, gross 945,885 (298,619 canceled subs)
3Q05 net 617,152, gross 989,045 (371,893 canceled subs)
4Q05 net 898,315, gross 1,373,876 (475,561 canceled subs)
1Q06 net 568,902, gross 1,007,306 (438,404 canceled subs)
2Q06 net 398,012, gross 926,281 (528,269 canceled subs)
3Q06 net 286,002, gross 868,007 (582,005 canceled subs)
4Q06 net 442,679, gross 1,064,887 (622,208 canceled subs)
1Q07 net 285,176, gross 868,067 (582,891 canceled subs)

That is an average loss of 464,482 subs/quarter, or 5,160 per day (giving 90 days to a quarter). If XM only lost an additional 5,000 subs due to the O&A suspension, why were wait times to speak to a cancellation rep so outrageous?

I call Bravo Sierra on Mr. Patterson here.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
PAC misrepresents the situation like Chance Patterson misrepresents his hunger for black cock. Stupid faggot name, you fool noone with that birdshit 5000 estimate.
Line of the thread :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

May 15, 2007

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of People Against Censorship will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of People Against Censorship, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of People Against Censorship reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I can understand alot of this, but come on....... vulgar, sexually-oriented, I don't want to post any of that on PAC, but the fact that I can't post it on a site, on the INTERNET????? UG. That is censorship.

I think XM is lying about the numbers however PAC is making itself look like an interest organization. There has been nothing since O&A came back. Where is their response to this?

Oh yeah, the leadership is busy attending a radio-bit wedding

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
Feb 20, 2007
New Jersey
Didn't O&A say on their first day back, when stuff like this happens, get your own special intrest group?

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY

Forum Rules

That is the default registration included with vBulletin. Here is ours:
Forum Rules

Although the administrators and moderators of The Unofficial Opie and Anthony Message Board - Wackbag.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of The Unofficial Opie and Anthony Message Board - Wackbag.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of The Unofficial Opie and Anthony Message Board - Wackbag.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Although the administrators and moderators of the Wackbag.com message board attempt to keep all objectionable messages off of these forums, it is impossible for us to review every message. All messages are the express view of the author of the message and not those of Wackbag.com or its affiliates. Neither the owners of Wackbag.com nor its affiliates will be held responsible for the content of any message. Wackbag.com does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message.

Users who feel that any message posted herein is objectionable are encouraged to contact us immediately by email. Wackbag.com reserves the right to delete or remove any offensive material and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we feel such action is necessary. Further, we reserve the right to make any modifications we deem necessary or desirable to any message posted on the forums.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the Wackbag.com forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, rude, disrespectful, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You are solely responsible for the content of your messages and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of the Wackbag.com message board and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Advertisements of any type, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate and will not be permitted in the Wackbag.com message board.

By registering and using the message board you agree to abide to the forum rules, both stated and unstated. Any persons under age 13 are not permitted to register or post messages, in accordance with United States law

Dec 25, 2005
NJ

Forum Rules

You're digging pretty deep. It's a forum with a direct subject matter. Your cock pics can find a home elsewhere. There's no need for them on that site.