XM / Sirius Merger Extended

ILuvDogShit

I know my sheit
Apr 6, 2003
More than a year ago, Sirius and XM Radio announced their plans to merge into one company. Consumer groups with concerns about the monopoly this would create in the satellite radio market spoke out against the merger and the FCC decided to seek comments from the public to assist them in determining whether or not the deal should be allowed to move forward.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/XM-Sirius-Merger-Extended-92289

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
As pointed out by a lot of sites that have carried this story, both companies only extended the period until May 1.

jsc315

AnalCunt
Dec 8, 2004
Evergreen Park,IL
i was going to post this but this seemed like such a non news story. Even though things are so close no one has any idea on what the fuck is goin to happen.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
karmazin is now plugging CNBC. How's that of an oxymoron. Just saw a TV ad on NBC. 'I watch CNBC' Multiple shots of stern... ambivalent to the music.

You should watch more closely, Mel. I took a shit on you years ago.

Sat radio originally sold on music. NOT O&A or Oprah or Stern.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
The merger won't save either company. They are both hemorrhaging cash, and have to cut some costs to save themselves. I would put my money on them (either separately or combined) buying out their extravagant contracts and paying a lot less for talent in the near future. In all honesty, I think Howard is a lot more likely to get bought out (fired) than O&A. They draw almost (if not more) than he does and they cost a whole lot less.