XM-Sirus Touting "Support" for Merger

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070613/nyw047.html?.v=101
Sounds like a bunch of cry baby women and minority groups. I've never seen 2 companies intent on merging showing off the special intrest groups who support their merger.

WASHINGTON and NEW YORK, June 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In an advertisement published today in Communications Daily, The Hill, The Politico and Roll Call, SIRIUS Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI - News) and XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News) highlighted the growing list of organizations voicing their support for the XM-SIRIUS merger.

The text of the advertisement follows: SIRIUS and XM Radio. The people who support our merger are as diverse as our programs. Among the groups that have voiced their support:
* League of Rural Voters
* National Consumers League
* National Black Chamber of Commerce
* Hispanic Federation
* The Latino Coalition
* League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
* New York State Federation of Hispanic Chambers of Commerce
* Women Involved in Farm Economics (WIFE)

Each of the signatories to the advertisement has already filed comments with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which opened its public comment period on the merger Friday, June 8, 2007. In their FCC comments, many of the organizations cited satellite radio's program diversity and the merger's potential to strengthen or expand such programs and channels as primary reasons for their support for the SIRIUS-XM combination. To view a full version of the advertisement and for more information on the SIRIUS-XM merger please visit either http://XMmerger.com or http://SIRIUSmerger.com.
The Federal Communications Commission issued a public notice Friday seeking comment on the proposed merger of licensees Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. and XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.
The FCC says that interested parties must file initial comments by July 9. Replies to comments are due by July 24. Comments may be filed via e-mail and should include docket number 07-57.

maz

TRueWDTer
what's up with the latinos?
must have promised them something

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
That is the worst, most rag tag group of supporters I've ever seen. This merger is SO dead its not even funny.

buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
"Women Involved in Farm Economics (WIFE)"

....sounds HOT

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
That is the worst, most rag tag group of supporters I've ever seen. This merger is SO dead its not even funny.
I was thinking the same thing. It almost seems as if they are throwing up a hail mary pass. "Look at us, the minorities like us!!"

maz

TRueWDTer
yeah theres lots of those
wonder how many of them subscribe

rachacha

reading's for queers
The text of the advertisement follows: SIRIUS and XM Radio. The people who support our merger are as diverse as our programs. Among the groups that have voiced their support:
* League of Rural Voters
* Hispanic Federation
* The Latino Coalition

This is the most pathetic thing I've maybe ever seen. First off they have given away any ability to defend shows such as O&A if they are crawling in bed with these SIGS.

maz

TRueWDTer
This is the most pathetic thing I've maybe ever seen. First off they have given away any ability to defend shows such as O&A if they are crawling in bed with these SIGS.[/QUOTE]

yeah, wtf
you make a great point

RolfNetherlands

Opie & Anthony for presidents
Are XM and Sirius kidding with that list of supporters?

My god, that is just awful.

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
what's up with the latinos?
must have promised them something

They like the many channels of spanish programs, also I would bet it works in Mexico (a little)

I just looked at the whole list...If this is their support, why is it all imagrants? Latain, hispanic, black, rural...

I wonder if Kelsey Grammer introduced the list of supporters (stumbles off stage..."oh good lord")

SwimConnerSwim

O&A Token Midget
They like the many channels of spanish programs, also I would bet it works in Mexico (a little)

I just looked at the whole list...If this is their support, why is it all imagrants? Latain, hispanic, black, rural...

You forgot farming wifes.

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
The League of Rural Voters!? Oh no! We're doomed!
Believe it or not they get a lot of consideration from the FCC. It's cause of them that hicks get their phone and cable subsidized by city folk.

mascan42

How about the tag line at the end of the article?
How can we be a monopoly and have more than 10,000 competitors?
So they count every AM & FM radio station in the country as competition. Cause the exact same argument worked like gangbusters in the proposed DirecTV/Dish merger. Good strategy there, douchebags.

izzy izkowitz

Chris Hansen is my hero
Quote:
WASHINGTON and NEW YORK, June 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In an advertisement published today in Communications Daily, The Hill, The Politico and Roll Call, SIRIUS Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI - News) and XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News) highlighted the growing list of organizations voicing their support for the XM-SIRIUS merger.

* League of Rural Voters
* Hispanic Federation
* The Latino Coalition

Each of the signatories to the advertisement has already filed comments with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which opened its public comment period on the merger Friday, June 8, 2007. In their FCC comments, many of the organizations cited satellite radio's program diversity and the merger's potential to strengthen or expand such programs and channels as primary reasons for their support for the SIRIUS-XM combination. To view a full version of the advertisement and for more information on the SIRIUS-XM merger please visit either http://XMmerger.com or http://SIRIUSmerger.com.

I guess we can blame the blacks then huh?

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
* League of Rural Voters
* Hispanic Federation
* The Latino Coalition

Notice who's not in the list? How about any fucking subscribers? And who cares about farm bitches? I hear they're part of a larger group called Big Entertainment And Television, Enlisted Navy, and Women Involved in Farm Economics (BEATEN WIFE)