XM upset at Dave on the show?

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
Ron, repeating what was told to him on a corporate level: This is not the same show we bought.

Ron (later): They are saying the same things that a lot of the boards are.

fiuspacey

Momus - God of Mockery
Oct 13, 2004
Lakeland, Fl
No dude, remember "Carnies and rubes." Nothing we hear is true. Regardless of the fact that after the pizza incident Ron's made an effort to get Lilly and Pitz on the air more and keeps bringing Dave's intrusions up to him. It's all an act! :icon_roll

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
While not a big fan of Dave, there are times he can be enjoyable.

I am tired of the constant breaks in the show to yell at Earl however. It has been established the past 2 years that Earl cannot do this job and he does not have the integrity to quit and save his "friends" the headache. Yet, RnF would rather disrupt the show and yell at his daily fuckups instead of actually trying to get the show on track and get anyone else in his spot. I wonder if XM might lay the hammer down and just get rid of Earl themselves and save RnF from the uncomfortableness of doing so them selves.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
While not a big fan of Dave, there are times he can be enjoyable.

I am tired of the constant breaks in the show to yell at Earl however. It has been established the past 2 years that Earl cannot do this job and he does not have the integrity to quit and save his "friends" the headache. Yet, RnF would rather disrupt the show and yell at his daily fuckups instead of actually trying to get the show on track and get anyone else in his spot. I wonder if XM might lay the hammer down and just get rid of Earl themselves and save RnF from the uncomfortableness of doing so them selves.
From what I now about corporations, they only like pulling the trigger when it comes to firing someone, if all the ducks are lined up in a row. Meaning that if Earl has a few writes-ups in his file, then they have justification to fire him. My guess is somebody has not been keeping up with all of Earl's fuckups and that's why they haven't stepped in yet.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Hasn't the show ALWAYS made it a point to destroy producers?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
No dude, remember "Carnies and rubes." Nothing we hear is true. Regardless of the fact that after the pizza incident Ron's made an effort to get Lilly and Pitz on the air more and keeps bringing Dave's intrusions up to him. It's all an act! :icon_roll
You roll your eyes but there's some truth in what you say. It is Ron's show and nothing happens on this show that Ron doesn't want. It appears that he's trying to bring other people into the show to keep the Dave haters from whining more. The show has always been very interactive with the fans, especially from the boards, and if anything the boards are what are bringing the show down. Not Dave.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
Hasn't the show ALWAYS made it a point to destroy producers?
I cannot claim to be a historian about this show, but I do remember the Al Dukes and Billy Staples would get their chops broken on a daily basis by RnF but, IMO, it did not come across like this anger they have for Earl on his fuckups.

I understand you support them in what they do 100% Don, but you have to admit that it seems like at least one a week they seriously get very angry with Earl about his fuckups. Not in a "we are breaking yoru balls way" but it seems to be a very real "you are fucking incompetent and you are bringing the show down" way. From what Ron said today, it seems that Xm is starting to give him shit about it as well.

I know the first few times they broke character and legitimately got mad at Earl it was entertaining radio. But it has gotten to a point where they have to stop the flow of their show regularly to scream at Earl. How can this be good for anyone?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I understand you support them in what they do 100% Don, but you have to admit that it seems like at least one a week they seriously get very angry with Earl about his fuckups.
Not really true. I don't support 100% of what happens, I just don't run here to whine about it when something I don't like happens. I just wait a few minutes and something funny happens.

Yes, it does seem that sometimes the Earl bashing isn't a bit. Last week when Ronnie pretty much walked off the show pretty much verifies that. I just choose not to participate in the "lets fire (insert name here)" talk. It's not my job to run the show.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
Not really true. I don't support 100% of what happens, I just don't run here to whine about it when something I don't like happens. I just wait a few minutes and something funny happens.
Actually, I would love to know what you aren't a fan of...I think that would be interesting dialogue.

There is a small difference between me saying "Earl needs to be fired" versus "I am amazed Earl has not been fired yet." I would never write an email or call the show blasting Earl's competence...I go to a messageboard and see what other people think. It is not up to me or any of the fans of the show to dictate what they choose to do with their staff. However thanks to the wonders of the internet, messageboards have popped up where fans like myself can find a place with their favorite radio show, TV show, etc is dissected in minutia.

My opinion on this is that it seems obvious they are not and have not been happy with Earl for a long time and it has come to the point where this carries over into the show for real. And if they are that unhappy why do they keep putting up with this when it comes to their career?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Actually, I would love to know what you aren't a fan of...I think that would be interesting dialogue.

There is a small difference between me saying "Earl needs to be fired" versus "I am amazed Earl has not been fired yet." I would never write an email or call the show blasting Earl's competence...I go to a messageboard and see what other people think. It is not up to me or any of the fans of the show to dictate what they choose to do with their staff. However thanks to the wonders of the internet, messageboards have popped up where fans like myself can find a place with their favorite radio show, TV show, etc is dissected in minutia.

My opinion on this is that it seems obvious they are not and have not been happy with Earl for a long time and it has come to the point where this carries over into the show for real. And if they are that unhappy why do they keep putting up with this when it comes to their career?
I agree that it's not a bad thing in itself to discuss what you like and don't like about the show, but this particular show is so close to the fans that it carries over into the show. I wonder why Earl still has a job too, but I wouldn't speculate why. He really is a good guy and I assume that it's more than friendship.

As for what I don't like is when the show gets hijacked by the listeners and their drama. The whole board sitdown thing, while entertaining, wasn't my cup of tea. The fact that Ron and Fez had to work on a Sunday to appease a bunch of attention whoring listeners is disgusting to me. And NO I'm not naming names, every single board out there has people guilty of this, even our beloved board.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
I agree that it's not a bad thing in itself to discuss what you like and don't like about the show, but this particular show is so close to the fans that it carries over into the show. I wonder why Earl still has a job too, but I wouldn't speculate why. He really is a good guy and I assume that it's more than friendship.

As for what I don't like is when the show gets hijacked by the listeners and their drama. The whole board sitdown thing, while entertaining, wasn't my cup of tea. The fact that Ron and Fez had to work on a Sunday to appease a bunch of attention whoring listeners is disgusting to me. And NO I'm not naming names, every single board out there has people guilty of this, even our beloved board.
I am in total agreement about the board sitdown. That was an embarrassment.

Otherwise, I will just venture a "Radio Psychic" that there may be some changes to the RnF show just based on some of the comments Ron said today.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I am in total agreement about the board sitdown. That was an embarrassment.
It was more embarrassing for the other boards. The attention whoring we see here is limited to the "I hate Dave, I'm not listening until Dave is fired" crap, instead of picking on peoples' personal lives.