XP desktop look on Vista?

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
Feb 12, 2006
NYC E. Village, No Homo
Got a great deal on a new unopened laptop from a coworker but I'm having trouble configuring internet connection, installing drivers for my old printer etc and I'm really not interested in learning Vista at the moment, hell it took me 5 minutes just to figure out how to shutdown.

Is there a way to get the XP desktop look just so I can navigate around easier? I remember back when win 95 came out, there was an option to change the desktop style to the old windows feel.

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Just leave it as is. You don't need no xp.

Just press or click start. Then type in 'network and sharing center', by the time you get half of it in, it should be the only item displayed in the start menu. Either press enter or click it.

Davel23

Feb 26, 2005
Right-click an empty area of the desktop and select "Personalize". On the next screen click on "Theme". Click on the drop-down box and select "Windows Classic". Click ok, and that will apply the old Windows 95 look.

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
Feb 12, 2006
NYC E. Village, No Homo
Right-click an empty area of the desktop and select "Personalize". On the next screen click on "Theme". Click on the drop-down box and select "Windows Classic". Click ok, and that will apply the old Windows 95 look.
Ahhhh much better. Makes it a lot easier cleaning out all the installed junk. Thanks.