"Ya'll cant control us" -Sheffield

Perch1019

According to ESPN.com, Professor Gary Sheffield of the Detroit Tigers knows why the percentage of Latino players is much higher then the percentage of blacks playing in MLB right now. Personally I didnt know there was a difference but what do I know

Gary Sheffield said:
"I called it years ago. What I called is that you're going to see more black faces, but there ain't no English going to be coming out. … [It's about] being able to tell [Latin players] what to do -- being able to control them.

"Where I'm from, you can't control us. You might get a guy to do it that way for a while because he wants to benefit, but in the end, he is going to go back to being who he is. And that's a person that you're going to talk to with respect, you're going to talk to like a man.

"These are the things my race demands. So, if you're equally good as this Latin player, guess who's going to get sent home? I know a lot of players that are home now can outplay a lot of these guys."
heres the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2891875

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
I want to see this list of players sitting home, not making millions, when there are guys like Steinbrenner looking to spend cash.

ginaf20697

That's such crap. The fact is that baseball is just dropping in popularity probably even more with blacks and if they have any athletic talent it will more likely be channeled elsewhere.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Originally Posted by Gary Sheffield
"I called it years ago. What I called is that you're going to see more black faces, but there ain't no English going to be coming out. … [It's about] being able to tell [Latin players] what to do -- being able to control them.

there "ain't" no english coming out here either...:haha7:

sheffield is your prototypical very paranoid black guy. all he needs is a bowtie and he could sit next to farrakan any day

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
and what is he talking about??? Latin players took over baseball like 10 years ago...they have been the majority for quite a while now...

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Funny thing about this if Sheffield says it, hardly a peep or mention. If someone like Curt Shilling said it then he'd be black listed gagged and removed from baseball, or you'd have people blowing it out of proportion. Gary Sheffield is a douche, I never liked him.

While i'll think he is right about his race not wanting to listen, that isn't why blacks don't play.

Football coaches are on player's asses more than baseball coaches and blacks go right to it. And if it were about money, there is more money in baseball for players.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Would someone tell this vato that he's just one torn ACL away from mowing my lawn?

Play all the baseball you want. At the end of the day you are still a Mexican.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
sheffield is an idiot, i am a huge tigers fan and hated their aquisition of him from the beginning. just another example of a black guy saying racial charged things and not getting called out on it...

ginaf20697

On the bright side though, it should make him real popular with the Hispanic ball players :)

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
Sheffield is a racist, lets face it. But you're completely right Johnny...if it was anyone who's white, he'd be pilloried and banned for life

as a Yanks fan, I was pissed that George signed him instead of listening to Cashman and signing Guerrero. I love that Detroit gave up young pitchers for him though :D

NY Sportscene

NYS=sports, sports bars and sports babes
Sheff sticking something in his mouth with this...

Gary Sheffield making a statement such as this? The sad thing is that no one should be surprised. This man has a world of talent but has been traded around the league because of his big mouth. Anytime he gets drilled should be a celebration.

No fine, no benching, nothing. Another non-surprise.

domelogic

"Where I'm from, you can't control us. You might get a guy to do it that way for a while because he wants to benefit, but in the end, he is going to go back to being who he is. And that's a person that you're going to talk to with respect, you're going to talk to like a man.

nope where your from there aint no tellin you to stop beating the shit out of your wife or to not be involved in a shootout or not end up in a bar fight at 3am or stop having dog fights or having 10 children from different mothers

yeah i know i mixed a few sports but its all the same