"Yankee Radio:The Worst" and I agree

highfive

I like you. Do you like me?
Aug 10, 2004
NYC
I hate to agree with Phil Mushnick however he is right on this one. I drive every friday night to the Jersey shore and John Sterling makes me want to drive my car into oncoming traffic. Enough with the f'ing sponsors....the first pitch, 15th out....first strikeout....Hideki Matsui.....call to the bullpen.....the speed of the pitch......:arrrh: Oh yeah...every fly ball is a HR.

Here's the article: http://www.nypost.com/seven/07062007/sports/yankee_radio__the_worst_sports_phil_mushnick.htm

Creeping Douche

"And this guy's sayin', whaddya want from me?"
May 10, 2006
Nassau Cunty
Do they also have the woman too that freaked out when Clemens was with Steinbrenner?

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Do they also have the woman too that freaked out when Clemens was with Steinbrenner?
Unfortunatley yes. Suyzn Waldman. I would put her pic up but I dont want to make any gentlemen blind or vomit.

I wish the yankees would bring back Joe Angel to do the games. Or perhaps Dwayne Staats. John Sterling is a fuckin' hack. I cant believe he use to do hockey also for the NY Islanders.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
As a Yankee fan, I fucking hate Sterling, however, XM has opened my eyes to the fact that 99% of the radio announcers are homers that openly root for the home team and have nothing constructive to add to a broadcast. It really is a sham.

badcellphoneguy

Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
A play by play announcer should be able to paint a visual picture in your head about whats going on in the game on radio. Sterling and Waldman just make you have nightmare's. I really miss Phil Rizzuto alot. Bob Uecker right now is the new Phil Rizzuto.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
The Rangers broadcast they do on 1080 here is tolerable compared to watching Tom Hicks run our team into the ground.

Fuck Tom Hicks.

badcellphoneguy

Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Hockey still has the most colorfull announcers. I like listening to people like Mike Lange, Rick Jennerette, John Weiderman and Joe Bowen.

badcellphoneguy

Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
The Rangers broadcast they do on 1080 here is tolerable compared to watching Tom Hicks run our team into the ground.

Fuck Tom Hicks.
I'd like to know what he's doing with the Yankees money from the profit sharing.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Unfortunatley yes. Suyzn Waldman. I would put her pic up but I dont want to make any gentlemen blind or vomit.

I wish the yankees would bring back Joe Angel to do the games. Or perhaps Dwayne Staats. John Sterling is a fuckin' hack. I cant believe he use to do hockey also for the NY Islanders.
Angel stunk too. Maybe it was because he was with Sterling but I didn't like him either. The current combo is the worst though. It is embarrassing to be a Yankee fan listening to the games, especially when you are around fans of another team.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Sterling and Wlaman suck ass. A fucking 12-3 game shouldn't get the same treatment for the final out that the final out of the World Series gets. "The-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e Yankees win!" No shit, the game was over in the 5th inning. He has so many fucking "signature calls" that he doesn't do anything else. I'd be willing to bet he even has a HR call worked out just in case Wil Nieves ever hits one.

He's just a pompous ass and a giant bore. He has nothing interesting to say and he wears a blazer to the stadium to do radio broadcasts. Unfortunately, I think his job is safe for as long as he wants to keep broadcasting unless he inadvertantly says, "N_gger," on the air.

louthree

Aug 4, 2003
Jersey
Check out the "Sterling Shake" when the Yankees win: :haha7:

[yt]fINd9Z3U2TQ[/yt]

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
Enough with the f'ing sponsors....the first pitch, 15th out....first strikeout....Hideki Matsui.....call to the bullpen.....the speed of the pitch......:arrrh:
It def gets annoying but ALOT of radio announcers through that shit in there

As a Yankee fan, I fucking hate Sterling, however, XM has opened my eyes to the fact that 99% of the radio announcers are homers that openly root for the home team and have nothing constructive to add to a broadcast. It really is a sham.
AMEN.

The one thing I can say about sterling/waldman is at least they dont constantly through out "our team" and "we win" that shit drives me fucking ape shit

uckkkk

I have to say, and I know you guys are gonna destroy me but sterling doesnt bother me THAT much, my fucking problem and the reason I welcome away games on XM is fucking Waldman. That bitch is fucking terrible!! Her voice is grating, she laughs at any fucking dumb thing sterling says and honestly a women has no place announcing a ball game.
PLUS shes a fucking pig.

Sterling is knowledgeable, he isnt as big a homer as most other announcers, and if you take away the "abomb by arod" "the milkman ..." shit he actually calls a good game... well he would need to save the yankees win shit for post season and stop getting fly balls and home runs mixed up.... but besides all that he's not bad :icon_wink

listening to Waldman makes me wish for the steiner days

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
A play by play announcer should be able to paint a visual picture in your head about whats going on in the game on radio. Sterling and Waldman just make you have nightmare's. I really miss Phil Rizzuto alot. Bob Uecker right now is the new Phil Rizzuto.

I loved the way Rizzuto called the games, I remember some of them back in the day. John Sterling sometimes can be very annoying and the bad thing is he used to be good and have some decent calls that aren't stupid.

A Non Yankees guy I liked to hear was the old Houston Astros guy they had here in Texas, Milo Hamilton. He also used to do Braves games long ago, he was also a good radio guy.