Yay I'm getting new glasses!

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
I was really bad and went like 4 years without getting my eyes checked. I started to notice that my glasses weren't really working as well as they used to. Surgery is not an option for me (I just won't do it). Turns out a guy I know owns like three optical places in the city AND he takes my eye insurance plan. When it was all said and done with my insurance applied plus the sweet deal he gave me because we're friends I ended up getting a full pair of glasses for 185 that would have cost like 450 otherwise. I fuckin can't wait until they're ready. :icon_bigg

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ughhh i hate buying glasses, i need them in the worst way but i just HATE picking them and paying for them, my last pair cost like 300$ and they were scratched within a week, im thinking more and more about the lasik but the differences in prices worries me deeply

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Hope you got the anti-reflective coating. I don't like the anti-reflective coating... I LOVE it! It's well worth the 80 bucks.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
The $4000 I spent on Lasik was the BEST money I've ever spent...it's so great to wake up in the morning and be able to see without fumbling for the glasses or struggling to get the contacts in.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Hope you got the anti-reflective coating. I don't like the anti-reflective coating... I LOVE it! It's well worth the 80 bucks.
I had it on my last pair, and it wound up wearing off at the edges after cleaning the lenses a few times. My current pair doesn't have it, and I haven't noticed any difference.

The scratch-resistant lenses, though, are a must-have.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
I got it, but I am not so sure how much it works. Along with the fact if I look at a TV or CPU monitor from a 45 degree angle or so, it creates some sort of glare.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
The $4000 I spent on Lasik was the BEST money I've ever spent...it's so great to wake up in the morning and be able to see without fumbling for the glasses or struggling to get the contacts in.
Yeah, but I am ascared. To have a machine slice your eyeballs is not on my list of things to do.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Yeah, but I am ascared. To have a machine slice your eyeballs is not on my list of things to do.
I was ascared too...I'm probably the biggest baby when it comes to pain thresholds - but they numb your eyes and it's over before you know it. Felt a little pressure as the eyeball but absotively no pain at all. The wait to get into the operating suite was longer than the actual procedure.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I'll never get Lasik because if I do, then I would have to see yself clearly naked in the shower. And nobody wants that

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Oh HELL yeah I got the anti-reflective coating. I need that shit because I sit in front of a computer screen all day at work.

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
I'll never get Lasik because if I do, then I would have to see yself clearly naked in the shower. And nobody wants that
I know a dude who actually wears his glasses in the shower... and his vision isn't even THAT bad.

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
I gots me some lasik too, about a month ago. It was worth every penny. I went from 20/200 to 20/25, hopefully it will improve but if it doesn't I'm still ok with where I am at right now. I just went out and got me a pair oakleys to celebrate. :)

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Had LASIK done over 7 years ( cue crazy guy - linger longer) ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Went from 20/300 to 20/15.

Takes about 6 months to really settle in though the results are noticeable immediately.

Price isn't necessarily a factor, because some smaller, less experienced doctors rent time on the machines and have to pay a big chunk of the fee to the actual facility, so they mark up their prices accordingly or keep it low due to inexperience. The places that own or lease their own equipment in their own facility can actually be cheaper because of volume. The doctor's experience - how many eyes has he or she done - is the better metric.

The other thing to watch out for is a place that insists they can do the procedure on anyone. Not everyone is a good candidate for a number of different reasons. You should be able to get a free consultation.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Had LASIK done over 7 years ( cue crazy guy - linger longer) ago and it was the best thing I ever did. Went from 20/300 to 20/15.

Takes about 6 months to really settle in though the results are noticeable immediately.

Price isn't necessarily a factor, because some smaller, less experienced doctors rent time on the machines and have to pay a big chunk of the fee to the actual facility, so they mark up their prices accordingly or keep it low due to inexperience. The places that own or lease their own equipment in their own facility can actually be cheaper because of volume. The doctor's experience - how many eyes has he or she done - is the better metric.

The other thing to watch out for is a place that insists they can do the procedure on anyone. Not everyone is a good candidate for a number of different reasons. You should be able to get a free consultation.

QFT