Yellowstone - Kevin Costner/Wes Bentley TV series

mascan42

Yellowstone follows "the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders — land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both."

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple

Yellowstone follows "the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders — land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny — where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world’s largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both."
You buried the lead. It's from Taylor Sheridan.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
They were filming scenes to this movie on 25th St. in Ogden Utah when we were working there. I needed to get parts from a supplier on that street and the cops had it blocked off. Costner gave no fucks.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I'll give it no more than 5 seasons to win me over.

Seriously... they'd have to work pretty hard to fuck that plot up for me.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Looks good. All the good shows have breaking bad/no country for old men desert scenes.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
It's right in my wheelhouse, so take with a grain of salt. That said, I enjoyed it. My largest criticism was some level of manufactured drama that most shows are guilty of. It's not as gritty and raw as I'd prefer a show like this be. Too much focus on mass appeal.

That said, it's still pretty good. Worth watching a season to see if you like it.

Nobody's said it yet? Oh for crying out loud...
YESSSSSSSSSS!

You guys are slipping.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I'm only trying it now, and there's a lot of melodrama in the first episode. Lots of moving parts for just the beginning. Longmire at least developed some of its arcs over time, but we get it all here (or so it seems). Strikes me that Kelly Reilly's nature ought to have been shown over a few episodes too. Having that kind of turn in just the first episode feels like soap opera stuff.

Radioguy

Ah, the train station.

Clearly, the series finale will be Costner being seated in a Cracker Barrel and then an Indian, a black guy, and rival ranch hand entering before it fades to black.

Radioguy

I thought the same at first, but Ben Cartwright never had men thrown off cliffs.