i'd like to say UNBELIEVABLE

but unfortunately
it isn't
ughh

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I know. I know.
I sent a note to PAC. Maybe they can shine a light on this one.

What amazes me was the guy complaining was buried the other day int he paper. When WNCI folded, it was page two. They LOVE seeing radio shows fail.

Mar 17, 2006
In all fairness, they apologized...didn't get fired (yet).

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ONG2.ART_ART_11-24-07_B3_LL8IPNJ.html?sid=101

WNCI apologizes for parody song
Saturday, November 24, 2007 3:01 AM

The radio station WNCI (97.9 FM) has apologized for airing a parody song that some central Ohio Latinos considered offensive. The station, in a posting on its Web site, also agreed not to play the song again.

"WNCI values our listener community enormously," states the posting. "We apologize to anyone offended by the content."

The station posted the apology Wednesday after reviewing the lyrics of the song and communicating with Jose Mas, chairman of the Ohio Hispanic Coalition, said the vice president and market manager of Clear Channel Columbus, Tom Thon, in an e-mail.

The song, called Bunch of Mexicans (to the tune of David Bowie's Young Americans), describes a group of 14 Mexicans misunderstanding orders at a fast-food restaurant, working as landscapers, traveling in "packs" and evading immigration authorities.

The song, written and performed by Dave Kaelin, half of the "Morning Zoo" team Dave & Jimmy, has aired a few times over the past year but attracted the attention of the Ohio Hispanic Coalition when it was played Tuesday morning.

The coalition considered launching a boycott of the station and its advertisers if the station did not apologize.

Thon plans to meet with Ohio Hispanic Coalition leaders next week.

Kaelin and WNCI Program Director Michael McCoy said they did not consider the song offensive, but said it was intended as a satire on Americans' view of immigrant labor.

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I know, but so did Imus, so did so many others. It starts there, and remember, saying "I'm Sorry" like a child is not good enough anymore. C'mon, you know how this game goes.

[VP of the station] Thon plans to meet with Ohio Hispanic Coalition leaders next week.
Golly gee, I wonder what they will ask of Mr. Thon. Why is this guy even meeting with them?!?!? The dmeanded an apology, they got it, but NOOOO, it is not good enough. Grown men.... they treat grown men like this.

We have pussified this country!

trucker_ben

Jul 29, 2006
I could only imagine how hacky that morning show was if it was on WNCI.

When the boys were suspended I listened to Blazor on 99.7. He sure seemed to get away with a lot of things but he's got a black guy on the show so I guess that makes it ok? O&A were brought up when they were talking about Patrice doing the Donkey joke on Fox news, and he (blazor) pretty much trashed them and then compared them to Howard like every other typical radio guy that knows nothing about O&A.

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I have never understood the whole "Just like Howard" thing.

They do different material, don't sound anything like him... I never got that

Aug 12, 2005
PA

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
The song, called Bunch of Mexicans (to the tune of David Bowie's Young Americans), describes a group of 14 Mexicans misunderstanding orders at a fast-food restaurant, working as landscapers, traveling in "packs" and evading immigration authorities.
So they had to apologize for telling the truth?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I'm actually offended at this.

Not at the fact that they made a song about mexicans, but because they used a David Bowie song to do so

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
I have never understood the whole "Just like Howard" thing.

They do different material, don't sound anything like him... I never got that
They're the two biggest in the so called "shock jock" genre, and Howard helped pave the way for O and A because he came first. That's why they always get equated. Those that have actually listened to both shows know that they differ in many ways, but those that havn't think they're both just raunchy toilet humor and nothing more.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
nothing that Ned Mencia hasn't stolen and said before.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
What is this P.A.C.? Another one of R+F's card schemes again I bet...:action-sm

Hydrosludge

We can do it comrade
Apr 25, 2005
I guess crap like this is why they edit questionable (funny) material out of the replays on 202.

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Of course, the AC 40 WNCI morning show is NOT number one in Columbus... Care to wager what is?

"White people so crazy... They pay taxes!"
-From Rich Vos show

Jims Rottweiler

Anyone ever smell my ass?
Apr 23, 2005
My question is, what the fuck are all of those Mexicans doing in central Ohio?

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
I know. I know.
I sent a note to PAC. Maybe they can shine a light on this one.

What amazes me was the guy complaining was buried the other day int he paper. When WNCI folded, it was page two. They LOVE seeing radio shows fail.
PAC....:haha7::haha7::haha7:

Taintkisser

has anyone seen my NAZI Helmet?
Feb 15, 2006
Dix Hills
Unreal. What ever happened to the days of "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT TURN THE DIAL"????!?!?!?!?!?!? Goddam i hate this shit. Why does everything in this country have to be nice to everybody?? Its a friggin free country,or it used to be at any rate, I am allowed to say i dont like undocumented workers, (PC enough?) if i want to!! Just like half the black people I know and work with continuously tell me they dont like white people. I dont like it but fuck them thats there problem, not mine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>back to my point, I bet not one of those "offended" people ever even heard that show to actually be insulted by it.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
This country is finished, folks and we have lawyers who push the liberal agenda to thank for it.

Oh and Bush did his part too. ;)

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
What? We can't even make fun of the spics now?

:arrrh::arrrh::arrrh:

Think O&A will be on this story Monday?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>back to my point, I bet not one of those "offended" people ever even heard that show to actually be insulted by it.
Of course they didn't. They were told about it by some watchdog group. Just like JV & Elvis. They played that Asian parody song plenty of times before they got "caught".

Someone in management please grow a set. Please?!??!!!

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Exactly. That song is played all of the time and is over a year old. All of the sudden it is an issue? Becasue someone TOLD them to be offended.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I count my blessings everyday that I work for myself. It may only be as a shitty contractor but at least I don't have to apologize to anyone in order to keep working if i fuck up.

Mr. Krinkle

Howard Stern Fan
Apr 26, 2006
I remember when it was Catholics who got offended all the time and used to demand radio hosts lose their jobs.
Oh how the times have changed....