You better watch out or the insects will get you.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Clayton man held hostage by aggressive insects

[SIZE=-1]11:23 PM PDT on Sunday, July 29, 2007

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]KREM[/SIZE]

Clayton, WA – A homeowner in Clayton says he’s being held hostage in his own home by some aggressive pests. The man ask his last name not be used, but was willing to take the risk of going into his backyard to show KREM 2 News.

Roger Hatcher, KREM 2
The bees takeover food the homeowner has set out for hummingbirds.

Dan says whenever he goes in his backyard, the bees swarm him. We looked it up, and they appear to be Yellow Jackets. He was stung 10 times in the past week, and one time while our news crew was there. Dan says they've also attacked his dog and the hummingbirds that try to feed off the food he puts out for them.
Dan uses bug spray to try to kill them, but he says that only works half the time. He’s now calling an expert.
http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_072907_bees.c3f13c09.html

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
thanks

now that fucking retard song will be stuck in my head all day long:

chocolate rain
retards singing about bugs again
chocolate rain...

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
They aren't bees, they are yellow jackets, which are a species of wasp.
Maybe it seems overly picky, but if someone is going to write an article why not use some actual facts.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
They aren't bees, they are yellow jackets, which are a species of wasp.
Maybe it seems overly picky, but if someone is going to write an article why not use some actual facts.
I think they were actually honeybees, if you take a close look at their lower hind legs you see the nectar storage area, which wasps do not have.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I think they were actually honeybees, if you take a close look at their lower hind legs you see the nectar storage area, which wasps do not have.
Definitely not honey bees.
If Beeman is around, he'll confirm.

They're yellow jackets. They usually aren't aggressive unless you're fucking around near their nest. If they are trying to eat some sugary soda spilled on a picnic table, they won't bother you.
Walk over a hole in the ground they are living in, and you've got a fight on your hands.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
umm, I don't think so sir

they are wasps, don't argue it, just agree with me, no questions needed

and there is no such thing as a "Nectar storage area" on their hind legs. Honeybees have what is called a honey stomach, and they barf up the nectar they collect into the cells of a frame to be dried into honey. They collect pollen on their legs

Schmed

Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Definitely not honey bees.
If Beeman is around, he'll confirm.

They're yellow jackets. They usually aren't aggressive unless you're fucking around near their nest. If they are trying to eat some sugary soda spilled on a picnic table, they won't bother you.
Walk over a hole in the ground they are living in, and you've got a fight on your hands.
Beeman, I thought you were referring to the critters in the stupid video ? If you are, they have that honeybee "peach fuzz" on their backs, I don't recall any wasp having any type of fuzz on their bodies.

If you're talking about the article, those are definitely wasps (yellowjackets), no argument from me on that. I've had many run-ins with paper wasps, they are some aggressive motherfuckers.

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
we have huge wasps in the courtyard of our building that kinda look like those, they swarm the plants all day until about 4pm, but for some reason whenever anyone walks down one of the paths 1 or 2 will make a b-line right in front of you, scares the shit out of me every time

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Beeman, I thought you were referring to the critters in the stupid video ? If you are, they have that honeybee "peach fuzz" on their backs, I don't recall any wasp having any type of fuzz on their bodies.

If you're talking about the article, those are definitely wasps (yellowjackets), no argument from me on that. I've had many run-ins with paper wasps, they are some aggressive motherfuckers.
the video won't work for me, so I'm going on the pic

Schmed

Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
the video won't work for me, so I'm going on the pic
When OnA were doing one of those crazy stunts some years ago, I actually caught a Cicada Killer wasp to bring to the guy who was willing to get his junk stung by wasps (when they were on WNEW), my wife made me release it, it was like 2" long, as seen below:

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
When OnA were doing one of those crazy stunts some years ago, I actually caught a Cicada Killer wasp to bring to the guy who was willing to get his junk stung by wasps (when they were on WNEW), my wife made me release it, it was like 2" long.
never seen them in person before, big bastards from the looks of it. All I have hear is yellow jackets, bald faced hornets, and bumble bees(they are the nicest of all bees though, big, slow, and nice, but it hurts like nothing else when they sting)

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I can't get the video to work either. I'm just looking at the stills.

Something about that whole site stinks with the 'identify the species' poll that you can't see the results of without forking over an email address.

Might just all be an info harvesting scam.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
we have huge wasps in the courtyard of our building that kinda look like those, they swarm the plants all day until about 4pm, but for some reason whenever anyone walks down one of the paths 1 or 2 will make a b-line right in front of you, scares the shit out of me every time
The nest might be near by. Bees or wasps have a very regimented 'final approach' flight path to the nest or hive, and they hate when something gets in the way.
Get a couple hundred feet away from it, and they couldn't give a shit what you do or where you are.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
The nest might be near by. Bees or wasps have a very regimented 'final approach' flight path to the nest or hive, and they hate when something gets in the way.
Get a couple hundred feet away from it, and they couldn't give a shit what you do or where you are.
give this man a star, he hit it dead on.:clap:

Angelfuck

Part of the Ronnie B. crowd
Jan 6, 2006
Static Age
they must have nests all over the place bc no matter where you are in the courtyard they kinda fly around you for a second and then go right back to whatever plant they were flying around, theyve been here the past 3 summers. you dont even have to be near them, there's paths on both sides, I look for them in the plants and then take the other path, its like their purposely trying to scare people