You think the bboys would ever consider going back to afternoons?

Audi Mike

Mar 18, 2006
i know its been brought up before but hearing the replay now and jimmy saying how hard it is to keep a relationship with his schedule getting up at 5 everdday and ant and opie saying how hard it is to stay up i think they would be better off..

i know morning drive is thee time in radio so professionally it may not be the greatest move but radio is going down the shytter anyway..plus the bboys cant be too far off from fu money...

from a selfish standpoint i want it because i think the show was at its peak then because there was so much energy in the studio and u can get better guests..

djeter220

User that is Registered.
May 17, 2007
i agree that the show would be better in mid days, but apparently in the retarded radio business if you dont put up good numbers you will be trashed and treated like scum by execs and other radio shows (hoo hoo).

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
If it has been brought up before, why bring it up again?

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
Feb 16, 2005
They're in mornings to stay I believe.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
I was happy for them in a professional kinda way when they took FM mornings. However, I miss O&A in afternoons very, very much. It's just a much better time slot for the show IMO. Callers, maybe even the host's moods.. availability.. (Yeah... I want WNEW back)

different time of day makes a big difference to me. I drag my ass in the morning and work has union tools that can't handle the humor or discussion apparently... so I'm currently fucked trying to listen to live shows unless I work alone. I usually listen to news in the morning or the other morning show bullshit by force.

My radio listening habits are pretty simple. Morning news, afternoon debauchery.

maybe they'll do 12 hours of radio!

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
They will be in the time slot mel wants them in :action-sm

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
This needed to be asked as much as "Do you guys think they will ever voluntarily leave FM and go back to XM full time?"

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
It wouldnt surprise me if they went back to afternoons once they felt accomplishment in doing a successful morning for a while

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
It wouldnt surprise me if they went back to afternoons once they felt accomplishment in doing a successful morning for a while
Let's call that the FU clause.

Fuck mornings. Make your money & hook us up in the afternoons!

The Truth Bell

SFN Supporter (As If)
Apr 21, 2005
When they have FU money, they will quit.

I know most of you will disagree but the bboys do not love doing the show as much as we love hearing it.

Don't confuse that with "they hate doing radio". They don't. But it is a job.

Back in the day they used to hang out as friends. Now, I've been to Opie's house as much as Anthony has. I've also been to Anthony's house as much has Opie has.

It's a job.

That said, the only way they will go to afternoons is if they are failing on both FM and XM. At that point, they would probably just quit.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
When they have FU money, they will quit.

I know most of you will disagree but the bboys do not love doing the show as much as we love hearing it.

Don't confuse that with "they hate doing radio". They don't. But it is a job.

Back in the day they used to hang out as friends. Now, I've been to Opie's house as much as Anthony has. I've also been to Anthony's house as much has Opie has.

It's a job.

That said, the only way they will go to afternoons is if they are failing on both FM and XM. At that point, they would probably just quit.
so you're basically calling them sellouts. That shit worked with your favourite band in high school but I honestly don't think that's the case now.

again my $0.02

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Remember the days when they used to suck each other off before the shows?

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Remember the days when they used to suck each other off before the shows?
exactly. they spend more than 5 hours a day working together, and have for over a decade. how much more time could they possibly want to spend with each other?

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
They will be in the time slot mel wants them in :action-sm
Sadly, I think this is much closer to the truth than we want to believe. Mel had success putting Howie in the morning and O&A in the afternoon on a lot of the same stations when they were at Infinity. He could easily decide to do the same thing again.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
I don't think that any of them would say they prefer mornings over afternoons for any other reason than that is the "money slot." However, I think if Opie went to them one day and said "Guys, we made out mark. How about we just get our social lives back and go to afternoons and coast. No more of this morning pressure/heavier censoring, etc." I think Jim and Ant would jump on it in a heartbeat. Basically I think Opie understands why being in mornings is omportant for the show and that is the only reason they are not on in the afternoon.

Though, whenever this fucking merger happens can dictate alot.

OandA420

Jan 9, 2008
NY
Going to afternoons would be a defeat from morning radio and xm.

They very well might be given a chance to do PM drive time, for less money. Nobody is going to pay a drive time guy as much as a morning man. It just comes down to simple economics.

The taxes alone do not pay themself in a Trump building in Manhattan. You better believe they both want the cash, no matter what other shit they say.